How To Make Makhana Kheer During Fasting
Recipe of Makhana Ki Kheer
Makhane ki kheer is a delicious dessert made from fox nuts (makhane), milk and sugar. Navratri Special Kheer "Makhane ki kheer" is so delicious that everyone likes this sweet and delicious dessert. Makhane ki kheer is the best dessert special for Navratri fasting days or any other fast. It is very popular dessert in Navratri. Makhana kheer is very easy to make, yet the dish is very tasty. Makhane ki kheer is not only attractive in appearance but it will fill your mouth with a great taste with the easy recipe.
It is very easy to make Makhana Kheer, to make this first roast the Fox Nuts in ghee and then grind them into a coarse powder, and then boil it with milk, sugar and some dry fruits. Milk should be boiled till it becomes thick and creamy, then add saffron to it, this will enhance the taste of delicious creamy kheer. Follow the recipe of Makhana ki Kheer and make delicious Makhana ki Kheer easily at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
makhane ki kheer Ingredients
|Makhana (Fox Nut / Lotus Seeds)||2 Cup||Milk||1 Liter|
|Sugar||75 - 100 Gram, As Per Taste||Almonds, Chopped or Sliced||8 - 10|
|Raisin||1 Tablespoon||Green Cardamom, Coarsely Grind||5 - 7|
|Ghee||1 tablespoon||Pistachio, Finely Chopped||8 - 10|
Direction To Make
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a pan, when the ghee has melted and become medium hot, add the makhane and fry for about 3-4 minutes till it turns light brown, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer them to a grinder and grind them to make coarse powder, it would be nice if a few pieces of makhane remain in it.
- Boil milk in a big deep vessel on high heat, when it starts boiling reduce the heat, add roasted makhana, chopped almonds, raisins and mix well. Allow milk to simmer along with makhane, almonds and raisins on low heat. Stir the milk every 2 minutes.
- Boil the milk until it thickens, while stirring occasionally. This process will take about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Add sugar and green cardamom and mix well. Cook for one minute while stirring continuously, so that the sugar dissolves completely.
- Turn off the gas. Delicious Makhana Kheer is ready.
- Refrigerate it for at least 1 hour and enjoy cold delicious kheer special on Navratri fast or any other fast. You can enjoy Kheer without any occasion.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
To read the recipe in Hindi: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious makhane ki kheer
FaloodaFaluda or Falooda is very similar to noodles, a cold dessert of India. faloodeh is the Persian dish which is the origin of Falooda. Traditionally Falooda ice cream is made by mixing vermicelli, rose a...
Mango PhirniPhirni is very popular in North India. It is a sweet pudding made from milk, rice, sugar and some dry fruits. Phirni can be made with many different flavors and mango phirni is one of the delicious of...
Ras MalaiRas Malai is an Indian classic delicious dessert made with milk chena, dipped in thick fragrant saffron milk or rabri. It is a delicious dessert which is very popular all over India and everybody this...
Delicious CustardCustard is a delicious creamy dessert made with milk, custard powder and sugar. Custard can be made in two ways. One is simple custard and the other is with seasonal fruits i.e. fruit custard. Custard...