Navratri Special Kheer "Makhane Ki Kheer"
Makhane Ki Kheer
Makhane ki kheer is a delicious dessert made from fox nuts (makhane), milk and sugar. Navratri Special Kheer "Makhane ki kheer" is so delicious that everyone likes this sweet and delicious dessert. Makhane ki kheer is the best dessert special for Navratri fasting days or any other fast. It is very popular dessert in Navratri. Makhana kheer is very easy to make, yet the dish is very tasty. Dessert is not only attractive in appearance but it will fill your mouth with a great taste. It is very easy to make Makhana Kheer, to make this first roast the Fox Nuts in ghee and then grind them into a coarse powder, and then boil it with milk, sugar and some dry fruits. The milk is boiling until it becomes thick and creamy, saffron will enhance the taste of delicious creamy kheer.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
makhane ki kheer Ingredients
Ingredients of makhane ki kheer
|Makhana (Fox Nut / Lotus Seeds)||2 Cup||Milk||1 Liter|
|Sugar||75 - 100 Gram, As Per Taste||Almonds, Chopped or Sliced||8 - 10|
|Raisin||1 Tablespoon||Green Cardamom, Coarsely Grind||5 - 7|
|Ghee||1 tablespoon||Pistachio, Finely Chopped||8 - 10|
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a pan, when the ghee has melted and become medium hot, add the makhane and fry for about 3-4 minutes till it turns light brown, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer them to a grinder and grind them to make coarse powder, it would be nice if a few pieces of makhane remain in it.
- Boil milk in a big deep vessel on high heat, when it starts boiling reduce the heat, add roasted makhana, chopped almonds, raisins and mix well. Allow milk to simmer along with makhane, almonds and raisins on low heat. Stir the milk every 2 minutes.
- Boil the milk until it thickens, while stirring occasionally. This process will take about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Add sugar and green cardamom and mix well. Cook for one minute while stirring continuously, so that the sugar dissolves completely.
- Turn off the gas. Delicious Makhana Kheer is ready.
- Refrigerate it for at least 1 hour and enjoy cold delicious kheer special on Navratri fast or any other fast. You can enjoy Kheer without any occasion.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious makhane ki kheer
Malai Khoya RollMalai Khoya Roll or Bread Roll Malai is a soft and delicious dessert made from milk and bread. The dessert is so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy the taste, Malai Khoya Roll is very famous in...
Shahi TukdaShahi Tukda or shahi tukra is a delicious creamy soft Indian dessert made with bread, milk, ghee, sugar and dry fruits. Shahi tukda is a dessert that symbolizes royal sweets and the dessert is very in...
Gulab JamunGulab Jamun or Gulaab Jamun is a delicious solid milk-based dessert and is popular in India and many other countries. Delicious Gulab Jamuns are made from solid milk, solid milk is milk which is by of...
Moong Dal HalwaMoong Dal Halwa is an popular and mouthwatering dessert in North India that is eaten specially in winter season. This is an rich dessert made of lots of ghee and moong dal and is believed that it your...
Homemade Vanilla Ice...Vanilla is the most preferred flavor for ice cream, it is a time to enjoy cool and delicious ice cream, which also outperforms the scorching heat. Ice cream is the most demanding dessert and if it is...