How to Make Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot Halwa
Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe | Carrot Halwa Recipe
Gajar ka halwa or Carrot halwa is a delicious halwa, pudding or dessert that is cooked by simmering grated carrots in full fat milk. Gajar ka halwa is so delicious and popular in India and well known as carrot halwa, gajar halwa or gajrela. The delicious sweet gajar ka halwa holds a special place along with other delicious sweets and you can find gajar ka halwa in the menu of almost every special occasions like festivals or parties. Gajar ka Halwa is one of the most delicious and popular Indian sweets that no one refuses to taste.
Most Indians make gajar ka halwa at their home during the winter season when carrots are at their peak in the season. Red carrot is best for making this delicious gajar ka halwa, red carrots can be easily found in North India so gajar ka halwa in North India is made with this red carrots.
Carrot halwa is made by simmering grated fresh carrots in full-fat milk and sweetened with sugar and finely flavored with green cardamom powder and saffron and garnished with nuts. Here we are sharing the detail recipe of gajar ka halwa, follow this recipe and make delicious carrot halwa at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
|Fresh Red Carrot||500 Gram||Milk||1 KG|
|Green Cardamom, Crushed||3 - 4||Ghee||1/4 Cup|
|Cashew Nut, Finey Chopped||10 - 12||Almonds, Finey Chopped||10 - 12|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup or As Per Taste||Saffron||A Pinch|
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Heat the milk in a large pan on high heat. When it starts boiling reduce the heat to low. Add grated carrots and allow it simmer with the milk.
- Boil the carrots with the milk on low heat until the whole milk becomes evaporates and mix with the carrots to form khoya (dry milk).
- Boil it on low heat, while stirring occasionally to avoid sticking to the bottom.
- When it is almost dry, heat the ghee in another pan on low heat. When the ghee melts completely, add cashews, almonds and fry a little.
- Add the fried almonds, cashews to the milk carrot mixture and mix well.
- Add sugar, green cardamom and saffron and mix well. Keep the halwa boiling until it dries. It will take about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Delicious gajra ka halwa is ready, turn off the heat.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with almonds and cashews. Serve delicious gajar ka halwa hot or cold.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Vermicelli kheerVermicelli kheer also known as Sevaiyan kheer, is a delicious dessert, which is very famous for festivals in India. Vermicelli kheer is not only easy and quick to make but it is also very delicious. a...
Vermicelli kheervermicelli kheer or sevaiyan kheer, is a dessert, which is very tasty and famous in India, that is made on many festivals. The vermicelli kheer is not only delicious but it is also very easy to make....
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa is also known as gajarela or carrot halwa, is a delicious pudding, halwa or dessert. Delicious Gajar ka halwa is made by boiling carrots in milk. Gajar ka halwa is easy to make and so a...
Malai Khoya RollMalai Khoya Roll or Bread Roll Malai is a soft and delicious dessert made from milk and bread. The dessert is so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy the taste, Malai Khoya Roll is very famous in...