How to Make Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot Halwa
Carrot Halwa Recipe | Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe
Gajar ka halwa or Carrot halwa is a delicious halwa, pudding or dessert that is cooked by simmering grated carrots in full fat milk. This delicious dessert is so tasty and popular in India and well known as carrot halwa, gajar halwa or gajrela. Delicious sweet holds a special place along with other delicious sweets and you can find gajar ka halwa in the menu of almost every special occasions like festivals or parties. Gajar Halwa is one of the most delicious and popular Indian sweets that no one refuses to taste. The recipe of Gajar ka Halwa or carrot Halwa is also very easy.
Most Indians make gajar ka halwa at their home during the winter season when carrots are at their peak in the season. Red Carrot is best for making this Delicious Carrot Halwa, Red Carrot is easily available in North India so in North India the delicious Halwa is made from this Red Carrot.
Carrot halwa is made by simmering grated fresh carrots in full-fat milk and sweetened with sugar and finely flavored with green cardamom powder and saffron and garnished with nuts. Here we are sharing the detail recipe of gajar ka halwa, follow this recipe and make delicious carrot halwa at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 2 Reviews | 2 Likes
gajar ka halwa | carrot halwa Ingredients
Ingredients of gajar ka halwa | carrot halwa
MyDelicious Recipes-Gajar ka halwa
|Fresh Red Carrot||500 Gram||Milk||1 KG|
|Green Cardamom, Crushed||3 - 4||Ghee||1/4 Cup|
|Cashew Nut, Finely Chopped||10 - 12||Almonds, Finely Chopped||10 - 12|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup or As Per Taste||Saffron||A Pinch|
Direction To Make
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Heat the milk in a large pan on high heat. When it starts boiling reduce the heat to low. Add grated carrots and allow it simmer with the milk.
- Boil the carrots with the milk on low heat until the whole milk becomes evaporates and mix with the carrots to form khoya (dry milk).
- Boil it on low heat, while stirring occasionally to avoid sticking to the bottom.
- When it is almost dry, heat the ghee in another pan on low heat. When the ghee melts completely, add cashews, almonds and fry a little.
- Add the fried almonds, cashews to the milk carrot mixture and mix well.
- Add sugar, green cardamom and saffron and mix well. Keep the halwa boiling until it dries. It will take about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Delicious gajra ka halwa is ready, turn off the heat.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with almonds and cashews. Serve delicious gajar ka halwa hot or cold.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsLeander Fernandes
Delicious gajar ka halwa | carrot halwa
Vermicelli kheerVermicelli kheer or sevaiyan kheer, is a dessert, which is very tasty and famous in India, that is made on many festivals. The vermicelli kheer is not only delicious but it is also very easy to make....
Makhane Ki KheerMakhane ki kheer is a delicious dessert made from fox nuts (makhane), milk and sugar. Navratri Special Kheer "Makhane ki kheer" is so delicious that everyone likes this sweet and delicious dessert. ki...
FaloodaFalooda or Faluda Looks like Noodles, is a cold dessert from India and is a very popular dessert in the summer season as it is eaten mostly with ice cream. Falooda is invented from a persian dish cold...
Mango PhirniPhirni is a popular dessert from North Indian cuisine. Phirni is a sweet and delicious pudding made with milk, sugar, rice and different flavors. The delicious pudding Phirni is made with different of...
Vanilla Ice CreamVanilla is the most favorite flavor of ice cream or we can say vanilla ice cream is the king of ice cream. Easy recipe for making vanilla ice cream at home. Making ice cream at home may seem but ice a...