How to Make Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot Halwa
Carrot Halwa Recipe | Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe
Gajar ka halwa or Carrot halwa is a delicious halwa, pudding or dessert that is cooked by simmering grated carrots in full fat milk. This delicious dessert is so tasty and popular in India and well known as carrot halwa, gajar halwa or gajrela. Delicious sweet holds a special place along with other delicious sweets and you can find gajar ka halwa in the menu of almost every special occasions like festivals or parties. Gajar Halwa is one of the most delicious and popular Indian sweets that no one refuses to taste. The recipe of Gajar ka Halwa or carrot Halwa is also very easy.
Most Indians make gajar ka halwa at their home during the winter season when carrots are at their peak in the season. Red Carrot is best for making this Delicious Carrot Halwa, Red Carrot is easily available in North India so in North India the delicious Halwa is made from this Red Carrot.
Carrot halwa is made by simmering grated fresh carrots in full-fat milk and sweetened with sugar and finely flavored with green cardamom powder and saffron and garnished with nuts. Here we are sharing the detail recipe of gajar ka halwa, follow this recipe and make delicious carrot halwa at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
gajar ka halwa | carrot halwa Ingredients
|Fresh Red Carrot||500 Gram||Milk||1 KG|
|Green Cardamom, Crushed||3 - 4||Ghee||1/4 Cup|
|Cashew Nut, Finely Chopped||10 - 12||Almonds, Finely Chopped||10 - 12|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup or As Per Taste||Saffron||A Pinch|
Direction To Make
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Heat the milk in a large pan on high heat. When it starts boiling reduce the heat to low. Add grated carrots and allow it simmer with the milk.
- Boil the carrots with the milk on low heat until the whole milk becomes evaporates and mix with the carrots to form khoya (dry milk).
- Boil it on low heat, while stirring occasionally to avoid sticking to the bottom.
- When it is almost dry, heat the ghee in another pan on low heat. When the ghee melts completely, add cashews, almonds and fry a little.
- Add the fried almonds, cashews to the milk carrot mixture and mix well.
- Add sugar, green cardamom and saffron and mix well. Keep the halwa boiling until it dries. It will take about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Delicious gajar ka halwa is ready, turn off the heat.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with almonds and cashews. Serve delicious gajar ka halwa hot or cold.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsLeander Fernandes
Delicious gajar ka halwa | carrot halwa
Vermicelli kheerVermicelli kheer also known as Sevaiyan kheer, is a delicious dessert, which is very famous for festivals in India. Sevaiyan or Vermicelli kheer is not only easy and quick recipe to make but it is not...
Shahi TukdaShahi Tukda or shahi tukra is a delicious soft creamy dessert made with bread, milk, sugar, ghee and nuts. Royal Dessert Shahi tukda is very popular in India. This delicious dessert originated during...
Kesar Pista KulfiKulfi is the "traditional Indian ice cream" which is a frozen dessert of India. Kulfi is made in India since 16th century. This is very delicious and famous frozen dessert of India. Kulfi is also in a...
Gulkand GujiyaHoli festival is not only a festival of colors but also a festival of delicious food. On this festival people start making delicious Gujiya in advance. You must have eaten mava Gujiya on this but we a...