How To Make Delicious Masala Fish Curry At Home
Recipe of Fish Curry | Masala Fish Curry
Fish is the most favorite seafood all over the world and fish curry is the most famous and delicious dish which is very easy to make at home. There are many fish recipe available but fish curry is a simple and delicious Indian dish, cook the fish in tomato onion base gravy to make a delicious fish curry. Fish curry can be made in different ways with different ingredients, which gives a different taste. Now the question is how to make delicious fish curry at home? To answer the most questionable recipe, we are sharing a simple yet delicious fish curry recipe. Follow this masala fish curry recipe and cook delicious fish curry easily at your home.
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Marination Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Rest Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 1 Like
fish curry Ingredients
Ingredients of fish curry
MyDelicious Recipes-Masala Fish Curry
|Fish Fillet (Washed and Cleaned)||500 Gram||Onion||2 Medium|
|Tomato||2 Medium||Ginger||2 Inch|
|Garlic||15 Cloves||Ginger Garlic Paste||1 Teaspoon for Marination|
|Green Chillies||2 Break into 2 - 3 Pieces||Roasted Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1 Teaspoon + 1/2 Teaspoon for Marination||Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste + 1/2 Teaspoon for Marination|
|Black Pepper Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Roasted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon||Garam Masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Meat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Lemon Juice||1/2 Lemon|
|Ghee or Oil||1/4 Cup||Coriander Leaves||For Garnish|
Direction To Make
- Take the fish and cut it into desired size pieces. I have used Surmai (Seer) fish to make the dish, you can use any of your choice.
- Wash and clean the pieces of fish thoroughly.
- Marinate the fish first. For marinating, take out the pieces of fish in a big bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste and mix it well, so that all the spices are well wrapped to the pieces of fish.
- Set the fish aside to marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grind ginger, garlic, onion and tomato in a grinder to make a smooth paste.
Fry Marinated Fish
- After 20 minutes of marinating the fish, heat ghee or oil in a pan on high flame until light smoke starts rising from the ghee.
- While putting the fish in ghee, reduce the gas and put it carefully, otherwise ghee will scattered on your hands.
- Now make the gas medium.
- Fry the fish till it turns light brown and fry it well from both the sides by turning the fish in between.
- Take out the fish on a plate.
Masala Fish Curry
- We will use the leftover ghee to make curry.
- Add roasted cumin seeds, green chilies and stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Now Add tomato onion paste and mix well.
- Add all dry spices here like turmeric powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, black pepper powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, chaat masala and meat masala.
- Cover the pan and let it cook on medium flame for 12-15 minutes till oil starts seperating from it, stirring occasionally so that it does not stick to the pan.
- Add 2 cups of water or as required to maintain the thickness of the gravy.
- Add 1 tsp salt (use a little less salt as per taste as we also used salt at the time of marination) and mix well.
- Cover the pan and let it boil on high flame. Once boiled, mix well. Lower the flame and add the fried fish to it. Cover the pan and let the fish cook with the gravy for about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Turn the fish from time to time so that it doesn't stick to the pan.
- Fish curry is ready. Transfer the fish to a serving bowl. Garnish the fish curry with green coriander.
- Enjoy fish curry with rice or roti for lunch or dinner.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious fish curry
Chicken AfghaniAfghani Chicken or Chicken Afghani is a delicious chicken dish with a super creamy texture, Chicken Afghani gravy made with thick whipped curd and cream. Chicken Afghani is not only richly creamy and...
Chicken AdoboAdobo is a delicious and very popular dish in the Philippines. The cooking process in Philippines cuisine that includes seafood, meat or vegetables is marinated in soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and in in...
Chicken AdoboAdobo is delicious and much popular dish of Philippines. The Philippines food cooking process that includes vegetables, seafood or meat is marinated with soy sauce, vinegar and garlic, fry in oil, and...
Butter ChickenButter Chicken, also known as Murgh Makhani, is a delicious Indian dish made from chicken in a less spicy tomato gravy. Dish butter chicken is very famous in India and many other countries. To make is...
Mutton KormaKorma is a delicious and famous Mughlai Indian dish in which mutton is slowly cooked with a gravy of fresh curd with spices. In North India, this delicious mutton korma is made using ingredients like...