How to make delicious fish curry at home?
Fish Curry | Masala Fish Curry
Fish is the most favorite seafood all over the world and fish curry is the most famous and delicious dish which is very easy to make at home. Fish curry is a simple and delicious Indian dish, to make a delicious fish curry, cook the fish in tomato onion base gravy. Fish curry can be made in different ways with different ingredients, which gives a different taste. Now the question is how to make delicious fish curry at home? To answer the most questionable recipe, we are sharing a simple yet delicious fish curry recipe. Follow this fish curry recipe and cook delicious fish curry easily at your home.
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Marination Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Rest Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Meal Type :
fish curry Ingredients
Ingredients of fish curry
|Fish Fillet (Washed and Cleaned)||500 Gram||Onion||2 Medium|
|Tomato||2 Medium||Ginger||2 Inch|
|Garlic||15 Cloves||Ginger Garlic Paste||1 Teaspoon for Marination|
|Green Chillies||2 Break into 2 - 3 Pieces||Roasted Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1 Teaspoon + 1/2 Teaspoon for Marination||Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste + 1/2 Teaspoon for Marination|
|Black Pepper Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Roasted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon||Garam Masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Meat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Lemon Juice||1/2 Lemon|
|Ghee or Oil||1/4 Cup||Coriander Leaves||For Garnish|
- Take the fish and cut it into desired size pieces. I have used Surmai (Seer) fish to make the dish, you can use any of your choice.
- Wash and clean the pieces of fish thoroughly.
- Marinate the fish first. For marinating, take out the pieces of fish in a big bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste and mix it well, so that all the spices are well wrapped to the pieces of fish.
- Set the fish aside to marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grind ginger, garlic, onion and tomato in a grinder to make a smooth paste.
- After 20 minutes of marinating the fish, heat ghee or oil in a pan on high flame until light smoke starts rising from the ghee.
- While putting the fish in ghee, reduce the gas and put it carefully, otherwise ghee will scattered on your hands.
- Now make the gas medium.
- Fry the fish till it turns light brown and fry it well from both the sides by turning the fish in between.
- Take out the fish on a plate.
- We will use the leftover ghee to make curry.
- Add roasted cumin seeds, green chilies and stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Add tomato onion paste and mix well.
- Add all dry spices here like turmeric powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, black pepper powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, chaat masala and meat masala.
- Cover the pan and let it cook on medium flame for 12-15 minutes till oil starts seperating from it, stirring occasionally so that it does not stick to the pan.
- Add 2 cups of water or as required to maintain the thickness of the gravy.
- Add 1 tsp salt (use a little less salt as per taste as we also used salt at the time of marination) and mix well.
- Cover the pan and let it boil on high flame. Once boiled, mix well. Lower the flame and add the fried fish to it. Cover the pan and let the fish cook with the gravy for about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Turn the fish from time to time so that it doesn't stick to the pan.
- Fish curry is ready. Transfer the fish to a serving bowl. Garnish the fish curry with green coriander.
- Enjoy fish curry with rice or roti for lunch or dinner.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
How to Make Chicken...korma recipe has a delicious gravy which is usually made with curd, dry fruits, onions and spices. Korma dish can be non-vegetarian or vegetarian, made from mutton, chicken or vegetables. This dish in...
Chicken Frankie RollChicken Frankie Roll or Chicken Frankie or Chicken Roll is a stuffed roti filled with a mixture of eggs and chicken. Chicken Frankie is a delicious and very famous Indian street food which is liked by...
Mutton Stock For Wazwan...Mutton Stock Recipe for Wazwan Recipes. Mutton stock is used to prepare many delicious dishes such as mutton rogan josh.
Rogan JoshRogan Josh is a delicious mutton dish from Kashmir cuisine. Rogan Josh can be served at lunch or dinner. We are sharing a special dish of kashmir, delicious rogan josh made from goat meat. The mutton...
Chicken 65 RecipeChicken 65 is a hot and spicy starter recipe, in the perfect restaurant style. If you like to eat chicken then you will like this delicious recipe. You do not have to go to the restaurant because you...