How To Make Suji Ka Halwa
Suji Ka Halwa Recipe
Suji (semolina) Halwa is a very popular sweet dish throughout India and is also made as a Prasad (offered to God) on many religious occasions. After the god's Prayer, suji ka halwa is served as the blessing of the God to all devotees. Suji Halwa is also famous as Sheera and Rava Kesari. The cooking method is more than equal. A soft and sweet suji ka halwa filled with almonds, raisins and cashews prepared without milk is a popular and delicious sweet for any occasion, which can give a strong competition to any of the best desserts. Different flavors like cardamom powder, saffron can also be added to this suji ka halwa recipe. We are sharing here the Simple and easy recipe of Suji Ka Halwa.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
suji ka halwa Ingredients
|Semolina (Suji)||1/2 Cup||Clarified Butter (Ghee)||1/3 Cup|
|Water||1 1/2 Cup||Sugar||1/2 Cup|
|Almond (Finely Sliced)||5 - 7||Cashew Nut (Finely Chopped)||5 - 7|
|Raisins||25 - 30||Cardamom Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
Direction To Make
- Take a deep pan and boil water over medium heat. Add sugar to it and allow the water to boil until the sugar dissolves completely. Mix well. Keep it aside.
- Melt ghee in a heavy base pan on medium heat. Add suji (semolina) and fry it till it turns golden brown. Stir constantly.
- The suji will turn golden brown and give you a nice and pleasant fragrance. This will take about 5 - 6 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, add boiled water and sugar syrup and mix well. Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes or absorb all the water and it will become semi solid. Add cardamom powder, finely sliced almonds, finely chopped cashew nut and raisins to it and mix well.
- Delicious suji halwa is ready to be served.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
I loved it
Vermicelli kheerVermicelli kheer or sevaiyan kheer, is a dessert, which is very tasty and famous in India, that is made on many festivals. The vermicelli kheer is not only delicious but it is also very easy to make....
FaloodaFalooda or Faluda Looks like Noodles, is a cold dessert from India and is a very popular dessert in the summer season as it is eaten mostly with ice cream. Falooda is invented from a persian dish cold...
Boondi Ke LadooBoondi ke ladoo are the most popular sweets of India for the occasion of festivals such as Diwali, Holi etc., weddings or especially for pujas. Boondi is fried droplets made of besan (gram flour) and...
Ras MalaiRas Malai is an Indian classic delicious dessert made with milk chena, dipped in thick fragrant saffron milk or rabri. It is a delicious dessert which is very popular all over India and everybody this...
Homemade Vanilla Ice...Vanilla is the most preferred flavor for ice cream, it is a time to enjoy cool and delicious ice cream, which also outperforms the scorching heat. Ice cream is the most demanding dessert and if it is...