Recipe of Suji Ka Halwa
Suji Ka Halwa
Suji (semolina) Halwa is a very popular sweetdish throughout India and is also made as a Prasad (offered to God) on many religious occasions. After the god's Prayer, suji ka halwa is served as the blessing of the God to all devotees. Suji Halwa is also known as Sheera and Rava Kesari. The cooking method is more than equal. A soft and sweet suji ka halwa filled with almonds, raisins and cashews prepared without milk is a popular and delicious sweet for any occasion, which can give a strong competition to any of the best desserts. Different flavors like cardamom powder, saffron can also be added to this suji ka halwa recipe. We are sharing here the Simple and easy recipe of Suji Ka Halwa.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
suji ka halwa Ingredients
Ingredients of suji ka halwa
|Semolina (Suji)||1/2 Cup||Clarified Butter (Ghee)||1/3 Cup|
|Water||1 1/2 Cup||Sugar||1/2 Cup|
|Almond (Finely Sliced)||5 - 7||Cashew Nut (Finely Chopped)||5 - 7|
|Raisins||25 - 30||Cardamom Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
- Take a deep pan and boil water over medium heat. Add sugar to it and allow the water to boil until the sugar dissolves completely. Mix well. Keep it aside.
- Melt ghee in a heavy base pan on medium heat. Add suji (semolina) and fry it till it turns golden brown. Stir constantly.
- The suji will turn golden brown and give you a nice and pleasant fragrance. This will take about 5 - 6 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, add boiled water and sugar syrup and mix well. Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes or absorb all the water and it will become semi solid. Add cardamom powder, finely sliced almonds, finely chopped cashew nut and raisins to it and mix well.
- Delicious suji halwa is ready to be served.
You can also add 2 to 5 saffron dissolved in small amount (2 - 3 teaspoons) of milk and add while roasting suji.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
I loved it
Moong Dal HalwaMoong Dal Halwa is an popular and mouthwatering dessert in North India that is eaten specially in winter season. This is an rich dessert made of lots of ghee and moong dal and is believed that it your...
Lauki Ki BarfiBarfi made from lauki / ghiya (bottle gourd) is a delicious dessert and is very popular in India especially on the occasion of Indian festivals like Diwali, Janmashtami etc. Lauki ki barfi can also be...
RabdiRabdi is the most popular delicious and creamy dessert with a nice aroma of saffron (kesar) And cardamom (elaichi) is also known as Shahi Rabdi. This detailed recipe of the thickest and the best rabdi...
Kesar ShrikhandShrikhand is a delicious dessert that is a western Indian dish, but it is very popular all over India. Shrikhand is made from fresh curd and does not require cooking. It is an easy home made dessert a...