Suji Ka Halwa
Suji Ka Halwa
Suji (semolina) Halwa is a very popular sweetdish throughout India and is also made as a Prasad (offered to God) on many religious occasions. After the god's Prayer, suji halwa is served as the blessing of the God to all devotees. Suji Halwa is also known as Sheera and Rava Kesari. The cooking method is more than equal. A soft and sweet suji halwa filled with almonds, raisins and cashews prepared without milk is a popular and delicious sweet for any occasion, which can give a strong competition to any of the best desserts. Different flavors like cardamom powder, saffron can also be added to this suji halwa recipe.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
|Semolina (Suji)||1/2 Cup||Clarified Butter (Ghee)||1/3 Cup|
|Water||1 1/2 Cup||Sugar||1/2 Cup|
|Almond (Finely Sliced)||5 - 7||Cashew Nut (Finely Chopped)||5 - 7|
|Raisins||25 - 30||Cardamom Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
- Take a deep pan and boil water over medium heat. Add sugar to it and allow the water to boil until the sugar dissolves completely. Mix well. Keep it aside.
- Melt ghee in a heavy base pan on medium heat. Add suji (semolina) and fry it till it turns golden brown. Stir constantly.
- The suji will turn golden brown and give you a nice and pleasant fragrance. This will take about 5 - 6 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, add boiled water and sugar syrup and mix well. Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes or absorb all the water and it will become semi solid. Add cardamom powder, finely sliced almonds, finely chopped cashew nut and raisins to it and mix well.
- Delicious suji halwa is ready to be served.
You can also add 2 to 5 saffron dissolved in small amount (2 - 3 teaspoons) of milk and add while roasting suji.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
I loved it
Vermicelli kheerVermicelli kheer also known as Sevaiyan kheer, is a delicious dessert, which is very famous for festivals in India. Vermicelli kheer is not only easy and quick to make but it is also very delicious. a...
Vermicelli kheervermicelli kheer or sevaiyan kheer, is a dessert, which is very tasty and famous in India, that is made on many festivals. The vermicelli kheer is not only delicious but it is also very easy to make....
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa is also known as gajarela or carrot halwa, is a delicious pudding, halwa or dessert. Delicious Gajar ka halwa is made by boiling carrots in milk. Gajar ka halwa is easy to make and so a...
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa or Carrot halwa is a delicious halwa, pudding or dessert that is cooked by simmering grated carrots in full fat milk. Gajar ka halwa is so delicious and popular in India and well known...
Malai Khoya RollMalai Khoya Roll or Bread Roll Malai is a soft and delicious dessert made from milk and bread. The dessert is so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy the taste, Malai Khoya Roll is very famous in...