Recipe of Suji Ka Halwa
Suji Ka Halwa
Suji (semolina) Halwa is a very popular sweetdish throughout India and is also made as a Prasad (offered to God) on many religious occasions. After the god's Prayer, suji ka halwa is served as the blessing of the God to all devotees. Suji Halwa is also known as Sheera and Rava Kesari. The cooking method is more than equal. A soft and sweet suji ka halwa filled with almonds, raisins and cashews prepared without milk is a popular and delicious sweet for any occasion, which can give a strong competition to any of the best desserts. Different flavors like cardamom powder, saffron can also be added to this suji ka halwa recipe. We are sharing here the Simple and easy recipe of Suji Ka Halwa.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 1 Review | 2 Likes
suji ka halwa Ingredients
Ingredients of suji ka halwa
MyDelicious Recipes-Suji Ka Halwa Soojee Ka Halwa Sooji Ka Halwa Recipe
|Semolina (Suji)||1/2 Cup||Clarified Butter (Ghee)||1/3 Cup|
|Water||1 1/2 Cup||Sugar||1/2 Cup|
|Almond (Finely Sliced)||5 - 7||Cashew Nut (Finely Chopped)||5 - 7|
|Raisins||25 - 30||Cardamom Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
Direction To Make
- Take a deep pan and boil water over medium heat. Add sugar to it and allow the water to boil until the sugar dissolves completely. Mix well. Keep it aside.
- Melt ghee in a heavy base pan on medium heat. Add suji (semolina) and fry it till it turns golden brown. Stir constantly.
- The suji will turn golden brown and give you a nice and pleasant fragrance. This will take about 5 - 6 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, add boiled water and sugar syrup and mix well. Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes or absorb all the water and it will become semi solid. Add cardamom powder, finely sliced almonds, finely chopped cashew nut and raisins to it and mix well.
- Delicious suji halwa is ready to be served.
You can also add 2 to 5 saffron dissolved in small amount (2 - 3 teaspoons) of milk and add while roasting suji.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
I loved it
Malai Khoya RollMalai Khoya Roll or Bread Roll Malai is a delicious dessert which is very famous in India. This delicious Indian dessert is easy to make with bread and milk. The Malai Khoya Roll is not only but seems...
Shahi TukdaShahi Tukda or shahi tukra is a delicious soft creamy dessert made with bread, milk, sugar, ghee and nuts. Royal Dessert Shahi tukda is very popular in India. This delicious dessert originated during...
Moong Dal HalwaMoong Dal Halwa is a delicious dessert that is eaten during the winter season in North India, as it is a rich dessert and is believed that it keep your body warm and protect it from the effects of The...
Apple PieApple-filled pie is a delicious pie known as apple pie. This delicious pie is often eaten with ice cream, whipped cream or cheddar cheese. It is usually double-crusted, with pastry on either side (top...
Delicious CustardCustard is a delicious creamy dessert made with milk, custard powder and sugar. Custard can be made in two ways. One is simple custard and the other is with seasonal fruits i.e. fruit custard. Custard...