Bhindi Do Pyaza
Bhindi Do Pyaza
The bhindi, okra or ladyfinger is liked by all and if bhindi is cooked with onion it has a divine taste. Bhindi Do Pyaza is a delicious spicy recipe made of fried ladyfinger and onion. The onions used in this recipe are more than the usual dish, with some of them being diced and the rest finely chopped. More onions, spices and tomatoes make the bhindi more tasty and the best bhindi dish. If you are fond of eating dishes with lots of onions, then you will definitely like this dish and if you have not made bhindi do pyaza, then you must try once. By following this recipe, you can easily make delicious Bhindi do Pyaza at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Bhindi / Okra / Ladyfinger||300 Gram||Onions||3 Medium|
|Tomato Puree||1/4 Cup||Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Black Cardamom||1||Fenugreek Seeds||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||About 1 Inch||Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon||Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Green Chilli||1||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 Teaspoon||Ghee or Oil||5 Tablespoon|
- Cut 2 onions into large pieces and separate the layers and 1 onion is finely chopped and set them aside.
- Wash the ladyfinger (bhindi or okra) and dry them completely. Wipe them with a clean cloth and remove the tail and top.
- Cut the Bhindi into about 1 inch long pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee or oil in a pan on medium heat. When the ghee is hot, add bhindi to it and fry it on medium flame for about 4-5 minutes and stir gently occasionally.
- Do not over-cook the bhindi and transfer the bindi to a plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in the same pan and add layers of onion and fry for a minute on medium heat while constantly stirring. Transfer fried onions to a plate.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of ghee again in the same pan. When the ghee becomes hot, add black cardamom, cinnamon, cumin and fenugreek seeds and stir well. When the seeds start crackling, cut the green chilli into 2 - 3 pieces and add to it and fry a little while stirring continuously.
- Add 1 finely chopped onion and fry for 3-4 minutes on low medium flame till the onion turns light brown, stirring occasionally. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 30 - 40 seconds on low heat, stirring continuously.
- Add 1/4 cup tomato puree and mix well. If you do not have tomato puree, you can take 1 fresh tomato and grind it to make puree. Fry it for about 30 seconds while stirring continuously. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt and mix well. Cover the pan with lid and on low flame for one minute.
- Open the pan and mix well. Add fried onions and bhindi to it and mix gently. When it mixes well with the spices, cover the pan with a lid and cook it on low heat for about 8 - 10 minutes until the bhindi is cooked well and becomes soft.
- Open the pan after 8 minutes and mix well. Add garam masala and chaat masala and mix well. Cover the pan again and cook it on low heat for about 1-2 minutes. Open the pan and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and add transfer delicious bhindi do pyaza to the serving bowl.
- Delicious bhindi do pyaza is ready. Enjoy delicious dish with roti at lunch.
To get the video for the recipe: click here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious dish that can be served appetizers. It is so delicious that no one denies the taste of mushroom Manchurian. Mushroom Manchurian is not only delicious, but also The D...