How To Make Suji / Rava Dhokla
Suji / Rava Dhokla Recipe
Suji Dhokla or Rava Dhokla is a very soft and fluffy, steamed salty cake made from suji (rava or semolina) topped with white sesame seeds, coconut and coriander leaves. Fruit salt (ENO) is used to leaven the dhokla batter. Recipe of delicious suji dhokla or rava dhokla is easy to make at home and usually served as a morning breakfast or evening snack with pudina or tamarind chutney. You can make rava dhokla easily using Eno fruit salt. Follow our recipe and make delicious Rava or Suji Dhokla at your home and enjoy.
Suji Dhokla, also known as semolina Dhokla, is a delicious and popular snack from the Indian state of Gujarat that is loved by people all over India. It is made from suji, also known as semolina, is a healthy snack that can be eaten at any time of the day.
To make Suji Dhokla, a thick batter is prepared by mixing semolina, curd and water. This batter is then left for about 20 minutes, after 20 minutes add eno fruit salt, which helps to make the dhokla light and fluffy. Once the batter is ready, pour it into a greased plate or dhokla steamer. Dhokla is then steamed for 15-20 minutes till it is well cooked.
When dhokla is cooked, garnished with coriander leaves and grated coconut. Cut the dhokla into pieces and served with green chutney or tamarind chutney. Suji Dhokla is a healthy snack rich in protein, fiber and carbohydrates. Low fat snacks, which makes it an ideal snack for people trying to lose weight. Suji Dhokla is a great snack to enjoy with evening tea or as a light snack.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
suji dhokla Ingredients
To Prepare Batter
|Semolina (Suji)||1 Cup||Curd||1 Cup|
|Water||1/3 Cup||ENO Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ghee Or Oil (For Greasing)||2 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste|
|Ghee or Oil||1 Tablespoon||Curry Leaves||5 - 6|
|Mustard Seeds (Rai)||1/2 Teaspoon||Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame Seeds (Til)||1 Teaspoon||Green Chilli Chopped||1|
|Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped||2 Tablespoon For Garnish||Water||1/3 Cup|
Direction To Make
In a big steamer pan, add 1 glass of water and heat it on medium heat. Grease a flat bottomed pan of 4 to 5 inches diameter (that can fit into the steamer pan) with 1 teaspoon of ghee or oil.
- In a bowl add semolina (suji), 1/3 cup water, curd, salt and mix well. Be sure to remove all lumps. Set it aside for 20 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon eno fruit salt and 1 teaspoon ghee or oil and mix well. Stir for a minute so that there is bubble formation in the batter.
- Pour batter into flat bottom greased pan. Fill pan with batter to 1/2 inch height.
- Place a stand in the steamer pan and set the pan on top with the batter in it. The water level should not be above the stand as the water can be mixed into the Dhokla in steam. Drain excess water.
- Cover the steamer pan with a lid or plate and steam it for about 10 - 12 minutes, heat it on high for the first 4 minutes and then turn the heat to medium. To check the dhokla, put a knife in it, if the batter does not stick to the knife then the dhokla is ready otherwise steam it for 2-3 minutes and check again.
- Turn off the heat, take out the dhokla and set aside to cool at room temperature. Cut the dhokla into small cubes or as per desired size.
- For tempering heat 1 tablespoons of ghee in a pan. When ghee gets hot, add asafoetida (hing) and mustard seeds (rai). When the mustard seeds starts crackle, add green chillies, cumin seeds, sesame seeds and curry leaves and fry for a while.
- Add water and let it boil over high heat. Once it boils, cook it on high heat for 1 minute. Turn off the heat, the tempering is ready.
- Pour the tempering on the dhokla pieces. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Let the dhokla cool in the fridge.
- Enjoy the delicious suji dhokla / rava dhokla with tamarind chutney or green pudina chutney.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious suji dhoklaLeander Fernandes
Dahi Ke Kebab | Dahi ke...Dahi ke Kabab also known as Dahi ke Sholay, is a soft and delicious snack popular in North India that you can make for your family or friends on a birthday, kitty party or any special occasion at your...
Aloo Paratha QuesadillaQuesadilla is a Mexican street food that is so delicious that Mexicans love it very much. This is a dish in which either various vegetables, meat or chicken along with the cheese are stuffed into or a...
Mango SalsaMango Salsa is a delicious Mexican dish, people also eat it as a salad. Mango Salsa is not only delicious but a very popular Mexican dish. Mexicans love the dish so much that during the mango season,...
Paneer Manchurian DryPaneer Manchurian is a spicy Manchurian made from paneer (cottage cheese), capsicum, onions and variety of sauces and spices is the most delicious and best Indo Chinese dish. It is one of the most as...
Dry Veg ManchurianDry veg Manchurian is a Indo Chinese dish, a delicious recipe made with delicious vegetables and served as a starter. Though it is made like gravy Manchurian but it has a little gravy, which is almost...