How To Make Suji / Rava Dhokla
Suji / Rava Dhokla Recipe
Suji Dhokla or Rava Dhokla is a very soft and fluffy, steamed salty cake made from suji (rava or semolina) topped with white sesame seeds, coconut and coriander leaves. Fruit salt (ENO) is used to leaven the dhokla batter. Recipe of delicious suji dhokla or rava dhokla is easy to make at home and usually served as a morning breakfast or evening snack with pudina or tamarind chutney. You can make rava dhokla easily using Eno fruit salt. Follow our recipe and make delicious Rava or Suji Dhokla at your home and enjoy.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
suji dhokla Ingredients
To Prepare Batter
|Semolina (Suji)||1 Cup||Curd||1 Cup|
|Water||1/3 Cup||ENO Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ghee Or Oil (For Greasing)||2 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste|
|Ghee or Oil||1 Tablespoon||Curry Leaves||5 - 6|
|Mustard Seeds (Rai)||1/2 Teaspoon||Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame Seeds (Til)||1 Teaspoon||Green Chilli Chopped||1|
|Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped||2 Tablespoon For Garnish||Water||1/3 Cup|
Direction To Make
In a big steamer pan, add 1 glass of water and heat it on medium heat. Grease a flat bottomed pan of 4 to 5 inches diameter (that can fit into the steamer pan) with 1 teaspoon of ghee or oil.
- In a bowl add semolina (suji), 1/3 cup water, curd, salt and mix well. Be sure to remove all lumps. Set it aside for 20 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon eno fruit salt and 1 teaspoon ghee or oil and mix well. Stir for a minute so that there is bubble formation in the batter.
- Pour batter into flat bottom greased pan. Fill pan with batter to 1/2 inch height.
- Place a stand in the steamer pan and set the pan on top with the batter in it. The water level should not be above the stand as the water can be mixed into the Dhokla in steam. Drain excess water.
- Cover the steamer pan with a lid or plate and steam it for about 10 - 12 minutes, heat it on high for the first 4 minutes and then turn the heat to medium. To check the dhokla, put a knife in it, if the batter does not stick to the knife then the dhokla is ready otherwise steam it for 2-3 minutes and check again.
- Turn off the heat, take out the dhokla and set aside to cool at room temperature. Cut the dhokla into small cubes or as per desired size.
- For tempering heat 1 tablespoons of ghee in a pan. When ghee gets hot, add asafoetida (hing) and mustard seeds (rai). When the mustard seeds starts crackle, add green chillies, cumin seeds, sesame seeds and curry leaves and fry for a while.
- Add water and let it boil over high heat. Once it boils, cook it on high heat for 1 minute. Turn off the heat, the tempering is ready.
- Pour the tempering on the dhokla pieces. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Let the dhokla cool in the fridge.
- Enjoy the delicious suji dhokla / rava dhokla with tamarind chutney or green pudina chutney.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious suji dhoklaLeander Fernandes
Vegetarian Hot DogA vegetarian hot dog is a hot dog made from pure vegetarian products and does not use any type of meat. Hot dog stuffing is usually made with soy chunks, onions, peas, potatoes, cheese, or some other...
Aloo TikkiAloo Tikki is a crispy, delicious and popular street food in India made from boiled potatoes and some Indian spices. Indian Aloo Tikki is so crunchy, tasty and delicious because a good amount of are...
Coconut ChutneyChutney is a sweet and sour captivating condiment which is originated in India. This is made from different kind of ingredients such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, lentils, herbs etc. Different types a...
Plain DosaDosa is a thin and crispy South Indian delicious and healthy dish made of rice and urad dhuli dal (black lentil without husk), which is usually served with vegetable sambar and coconut chutney. This &...
Hot And Sour Vegetable...Hot and Sour Soup - A delicious but easy soup to make that is known for its spicy and sour taste. It is served as fast food or as an appetizer or starter just before a meal. It is a popular soup in it...