Suji (semolina) Dhokla is a soft, spongy and tasty suji snack and is easy to make at home. It is usually served as a morning breakfast or evening snack with pudina or tamarind chutney. You can make it easily using Eno fruit salt.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
suji dhokla Ingredients
Ingredients of suji dhokla
To Prepare Batter
|Semolina (Suji)||1 Cup||Curd||1 Cup|
|Water||1/3 Cup||ENO Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ghee Or Oil (For Greasing)||2 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste|
|Ghee or Oil||1 Tablespoon||Curry Leaves||5 - 6|
|Mustard Seeds (Rai)||1/2 Teaspoon||Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame Seeds (Til)||1 Teaspoon||Green Chilli Chopped||1|
|Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped||2 Tablespoon For Garnish||Water||1/3 Cup|
In a big steamer pan, add 1 glass of water and heat it on medium heat. Grease a flat bottomed pan of 4 to 5 inches diameter (that can fit into the steamer pan) with 1 teaspoon of ghee or oil.
- In a bowl add semolina (suji), 1/3 cup water, curd, salt and mix well. Be sure to remove all lumps. Set it aside for 20 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon eno fruit salt and 1 teaspoon ghee or oil and mix well. Stir for a minute so that there is bubble formation in the batter.
- Pour batter into flat bottom greased pan. Fill pan with batter to 1/2 inch height.
- Place a stand in the steamer pan and set the pan on top with the batter in it. The water level should not be above the stand as the water can be mixed into the Dhokla in steam. Drain excess water.
- Cover the steamer pan with a lid or plate and steam it for about 10 - 12 minutes, heat it on high for the first 4 minutes and then turn the heat to medium. To check the dhokla, put a knife in it, if the batter does not stick to the knife then the dhokla is ready otherwise steam it for 2-3 minutes and check again.
- Turn off the heat, take out the dhokla and set aside to cool at room temperature. Cut the dhokla into small cubes or as per desired size.
- For tempering heat 1 tablespoons of ghee in a pan. When ghee gets hot, add asafoetida (hing) and mustard seeds (rai). When the mustard seeds starts crackle, add green chillies, cumin seeds, sesame seeds and curry leaves and fry for a while.
- Add water and let it boil over high heat. Once it boils, cook it on high heat for 1 minute. Turn off the heat, the tempering is ready.
- Pour the tempering on the dhokla pieces. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Let the dhokla cool in the fridge.
- Enjoy the delicious suji dhokla with tamarind chutney or green pudina chutney.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious suji dhokla
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious dish that can be served appetizers. It is so delicious that no one denies the taste of mushroom Manchurian. Mushroom Manchurian is not only delicious, but also The D...
Kurkure PaneerKurkure Paneer is a perfect snack and an ideal starter for the parties. The delicious and crunchy starter is made by paneer, corn flour, corn flakes, maida and spices. It is very easy to make deicious...
Mango SalsaMango Salsa is a delicious Mexican dish, people also eat it as a salad. Mango Salsa is not only delicious but a very popular Mexican dish. Mexicans love the dish so much that during the mango season,...
Bread PizzaBread pizza is a delicious snack, bread is used as a base for bread pizza. This easy and detailed recipe will teach you how to make bread pizza at home on Tawa. You can enjoy bread pizza over an snack...
Rava DosaRava Dosa is a thin and crispy dosa made of rice flour and rava, one of the easiest, delicious and healthy dosa to cook at home. Unlike other rice dosa, the delicious Rava Dosa does not require the to...