Suji (semolina) Dhokla is a soft, spongy and tasty suji snack and is easy to make at home. It is usually served as a morning breakfast or evening snack with pudina or tamarind chutney. You can make it easily using Eno fruit salt.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
To Prepare Batter
|Semolina (Suji)||1 Cup||Curd||1 Cup|
|Water||1/3 Cup||ENO Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ghee Or Oil (For Greasing)||2 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste|
|Ghee or Oil||1 Tablespoon||Curry Leaves||5 - 6|
|Mustard Seeds (Rai)||1/2 Teaspoon||Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame Seeds (Til)||1 Teaspoon||Green Chilli Chopped||1|
|Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped||2 Tablespoon For Garnish||Water||1/3 Cup|
In a big steamer pan, add 1 glass of water and heat it on medium heat. Grease a flat bottomed pan of 4 to 5 inches diameter (that can fit into the steamer pan) with 1 teaspoon of ghee or oil.
- In a bowl add semolina (suji), 1/3 cup water, curd, salt and mix well. Be sure to remove all lumps. Set it aside for 20 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon eno fruit salt and 1 teaspoon ghee or oil and mix well. Stir for a minute so that there is bubble formation in the batter.
- Pour batter into flat bottom greased pan. Fill pan with batter to 1/2 inch height.
- Place a stand in the steamer pan and set the pan on top with the batter in it. The water level should not be above the stand as the water can be mixed into the Dhokla in steam. Drain excess water.
- Cover the steamer pan with a lid or plate and steam it for about 10 - 12 minutes, heat it on high for the first 4 minutes and then turn the heat to medium. To check the dhokla, put a knife in it, if the batter does not stick to the knife then the dhokla is ready otherwise steam it for 2-3 minutes and check again.
- Turn off the heat, take out the dhokla and set aside to cool at room temperature. Cut the dhokla into small cubes or as per desired size.
- For tempering heat 1 tablespoons of ghee in a pan. When ghee gets hot, add asafoetida (hing) and mustard seeds (rai). When the mustard seeds starts crackle, add green chillies, cumin seeds, sesame seeds and curry leaves and fry for a while.
- Add water and let it boil over high heat. Once it boils, cook it on high heat for 1 minute. Turn off the heat, the tempering is ready.
- Pour the tempering on the dhokla pieces. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Let the dhokla cool in the fridge.
- Enjoy the delicious suji dhokla with tamarind chutney or green pudina chutney.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious appetizer. Everyone likes the mushroom Manchurian, from children to adults. Mushroom Manchurian is delicious and rich in vitamin D as mushroom is a great source of a...