How To Make Vermicelli (Sevaiyan) Kheer
Vermicelli or Sevaiyan Kheer Recipe
Vermicelli kheer also known as Sevaiyan kheer, is a delicious dessert, which is very famous for festivals in India. Sevaiyan or Vermicelli kheer is not only easy and quick recipe to make but it is also very delicious. This delicious kheer does not take much time to cook, Sevaiyan kheer can be made in 30 minutes. Usually Sevaiyan Kheer is made only with the flavor of cardamom powder. But we use chironji, pistachio, almonds, saffron etc. to make vermicelli kheer more delicious and special. This is a good idea to make the vermicelli kheer with lots of nuts and dates. We are sharing here the delicious sevaiyan or Vermicelli kheer recipe with lots of nuts and dates, follow this easy recipe and enjoy cooking the Vermicelli kheer at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
vermicelli kheer Ingredients
|5 - 7
Direction To Make
- Cut dates and remove seeds, chop all nuts such as almonds, pistachios and walnuts.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoon ghee in a pan on low heat, when the ghee melts add chironji, almonds, pistachios, walnuts and dates. Stir continuously and fry a bit.
- Add full fat milk, green cardamom, saffron and sugar and mix well. Cook it till the milk remains half of its original quantity.
- While cooking, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of ghee in another pan, when the ghee melts, break the vermicelli and fry it on a medium flame for 3 - 4 minutes, while stirring gently.
- Add milk with nuts to it. Cook it on medium heat for 8 - 10 minutes, while stirring occassionally.
- Do not thicken the kheer much, as it will thicken when cooled.
- Delicious Vermicelli kheer is ready. Transfer the kheer to the serving bowl. Garnish it with dry fruits.
- Serve hot or cold as per your choice.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Wow such a mouth- licking sweet delicacy The toasting of dry fruits in kheer enhances it's flavour and aroma.love this kheer.
Vermicelli kheerVermicelli kheer or sevaiyan kheer, is a dessert, which is very tasty and famous in India, that is made on many festivals. The vermicelli kheer is not only delicious but it is also very easy to make....
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa or Carrot halwa is a delicious halwa, pudding or dessert that is cooked by simmering grated carrots in full fat milk. This delicious dessert is so tasty and popular in India and well as...
FaloodaFalooda or Faluda Looks like Noodles, is a cold dessert from India and is a very popular dessert in the summer season as it is eaten mostly with ice cream. Falooda is invented from a persian dish cold...
Kesar Pista KulfiKulfi is the "traditional Indian ice cream" which is a frozen dessert of India. Kulfi is made in India since 16th century. This is very delicious and famous frozen dessert of India. Kulfi is also in a...
Homemade Vanilla Ice...Vanilla is the most preferred flavor for ice cream, it is a time to enjoy cool and delicious ice cream, which also outperforms the scorching heat. Ice cream is the most demanding dessert and if it is...