How To Make Vermicelli (Sevaiyan) Kheer
Vermicelli or Sevaiyan Kheer Recipe
Vermicelli kheer also known as Sevaiyan kheer, is a delicious dessert, which is very famous for festivals in India. Sevaiyan or Vermicelli kheer is not only easy and quick recipe to make but it is also very delicious. This delicious kheer does not take much time to cook, Sevaiyan kheer can be made in 30 minutes. Usually Sevaiyan Kheer is made only with the flavor of cardamom powder. But we use chironji, pistachio, almonds, saffron etc. to make vermicelli kheer more delicious and special. This is a good idea to make the vermicelli kheer with lots of nuts and dates. We are sharing here the delicious sevaiyan or Vermicelli kheer recipe with lots of nuts and dates, follow this easy recipe and enjoy cooking the Vermicelli kheer at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 1 Review | 2 Likes
vermicelli kheer Ingredients
|Vermicelli (Sevaiyan)||40 Grams||Milk||1 Liter|
|Desi Ghee||3 Tablespoon||Chironji||1 Tablespoon|
|Pistachio (Chopped)||1 Tablespoon||Almonds (Chopped)||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts (Chopped)||1 Tablespoon||Dates||5 - 7|
|Saffron||A Pinch||Cardamom Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
Direction To Make
- Cut dates and remove seeds, chop all nuts such as almonds, pistachios and walnuts.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoon ghee in a pan on low heat, when the ghee melts add chironji, almonds, pistachios, walnuts and dates. Stir continuously and fry a bit.
- Add full fat milk, green cardamom, saffron and sugar and mix well. Cook it till the milk remains half of its original quantity.
- While cooking, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of ghee in another pan, when the ghee melts, break the vermicelli and fry it on a medium flame for 3 - 4 minutes, while stirring gently.
- Add milk with nuts to it. Cook it on medium heat for 8 - 10 minutes, while stirring occassionally.
- Do not thicken the kheer much, as it will thicken when cooled.
- Delicious Vermicelli kheer is ready. Transfer the kheer to the serving bowl. Garnish it with dry fruits.
- Serve hot or cold as per your choice.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Kesar Pista KulfiKulfi is a frozen dessert of India since the 16th century, also known as "traditional Indian ice cream". Kulfi is a delicious and popular frozen dessert of India also popular in Sri Lanka, Nepal, and...
Delicious CustardA healthy and amazingly delicious dessert made from milk, sugar and mix fruits, "Mixed Fruit Custard" is a delicious and ideal dessert that you can easily make at home with little effort and less is a...
RabdiRabdi is the most popular delicious and creamy dessert with a nice aroma of saffron (kesar) And cardamom (elaichi) is also known as Shahi Rabdi. This detailed recipe of the thickest and the best rabdi...
JalebiJalebi is an Indian crispy and crunchy spiral shaped sugar dipped dessert made by refined flour or all purpose flour (maida). It is the most popular crispy sweet specially prepared on Dussehra, Diwali...
Gulkand GujiyaHoli festival is not only a festival of colors but also a festival of delicious food. On this festival people start making delicious Gujiya in advance. You must have eaten mava Gujiya on this but we a...