How To Make Vegetarian Biryani
Vegetarian Biryani Recipe
Vegetarian Biryani is a delicious dish with a good aroma, which is made from rice and mix vegetables, herbs and spices. Traditionally biryani is made by the process of dum cooking with basmati rice, meat (Chicken or mutton) and spices. Vegetarian biryani is much simpler and easier than non-vegetarian biryani as vegetables are used to make biryani which does not require marination. This is a good aromatic vegetarian biryani or vegetable biryani recipe which includes healthy and delicious vegetables. Everyone loves vegetable biryani, so you can also pack delicious vegetable biryani in the lunchbox. The delicious biryani takes very little time to prepare. Follow our Vegetarian Biryani recipe and make delicious Veg Biryani at your home.
Veg Biryani is a delicious and aromatic dish that is popular in India as well as across the world. It is a one pot meal made from rice, vegetables and aromatic spices. The dish is usually served with curd raita.
The recipe of vegetarian biryani starts with cooking rice separately till it is about 80% done. Meanwhile, vegetables are fried with some aromatic spices including cumin, coriander, turmeric and garam masala. The vegetables are then layered on top of the rice, and the whole pot is covered and cooked on low flame until the rice is completely cooked with vegetables.
Some popular vegetables used in biryani include potatoes, peas, carrots and capsicum. However, you can use any vegetables of your choice.
Vegetarian Biryani is a nutritious and delicious dish that is perfect for a family dinner or any special occasion. This is a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet while still enjoying a delicious and satisfying meal.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 35 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
vegetarian biryani Ingredients
For Vegetable Marination
|Carrot, Cut Into Large Pieces||2||Cauliflower Florets||1 Small|
|French Beans, Cut Into Large Pieces||15 - 16||Green Peas||1/2 Cup|
|Curd||1 Cup||Ginger Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic Paste||1 Tablespoon||Ghee||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Cumin Seeds||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Saffron||A Pinch||Mace (Javitri) Powder||A Pinch|
|Green Cardamom Powder||A Pinch||Mint Leaves||3 - 4|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Fried Onion (Birista)||1/4 Cup|
|Basmati Rice||2 Cup||Black Cardamom||1|
|Black Peppercorn||3 - 4||Salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Bay Leaf||3||Water||As Needed|
|Ghee||1 1/4 Cup||Onion, Sliced||3 Medium|
|Cumin Seed||1/2 Teaspoon||Water||1/4 Cup|
For Making Jhol
|Saffron||A Pinch||Green Chillies, Slit||2|
|Ghee, Melted||1 Tablespoon||Milk||1 Cup|
|Oil, Onion Flavored||1 Tablespoon||Kewra Water||1 Tablespoon|
|Rose Water||1/2 Tablespoon||Mint Leaves||Few|
|Fried Onion (Birista)||Few|
Direction To Make
Let's Start the recipe of Vegetarian Biryani.
- Wash and clean the vegetables and cut them into large pieces.
- Transfer all the vegetables to a large mixing bowl. add curd, ginger paste, garlic paste, ghee, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, coriander powder, saffron, salt, mint leaves, javitri powder, few birista and green cardamom powder and mix well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee with 1/4 cup of oil in a pan over medium heat. When it gets hot, add chopped onion and fry it. Fry them till they turn golden brown and crispy, stirring occasionally.
- When the onions are well fried, strain them using a sieve and keep the onions aside. The birista is ready. Keep aside the onion flavored oil for further use.
- Wash and clean the rice twice and soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- To cook rice take water in a large pan. Add bay leaf, black cardamom, mace, cloves, black pepper and allow the water to boil.
- When the water starts boiling, add rice and allow it to boil for 2 to 3 minutes on high flame. Reduce heat and cook them on low heat until cooked to 70%.
- Strain the rice using strainer and keep them aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon onion flavored oil in a pan with thick bottom. When it gets hot, add mace, cloves and cumin and fry it for a few seconds. When the seed cracks add marinated vegetables and mix well. Add 1 tablespoon of water, stirring occasionally and cook them about 70%.
- When the vegetables are almost 70% cooked, take out half the vegetables in a bowl. Put a layer of rice on top of the vegetables in the cooking pan.
- To make jhol, add saffron, 2 green chillies, ghee, milk, salt, onion flavored oil, kewda water, rose water and mix well in another pan.
- Pour half of the batter on the rice in the cooking pan. Add mint leaves, birista and a layer of vegetables again. Then add a layer of rice, jhol, birista and mint on top of it.
- Take some dough to seal the pan. Apply a thick layer of dough on the edge of the pan and place a lid on the dough and press it slightly. Seal the pan and cook the biryani over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the gas. Delicious vegetable biryani is ready. Serve hot with Raita.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsLeander Fernandes
DeliciousBeautiful coloursPawan Batra
Delicious vegetarian biryani
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. This snack "Paneer Cutlets" are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. is...
Kashmiri Dum AlooKashmiri Dum Aloo is a delicious dish made from Baby Potato. It is a delicious potato curry dish from earth's paradise "Jammu and Kashmir" and is the most popular potato curry dish in India. To make a...
Crispy Paper Dosa With...Dosa is a thin crispy and healthy South Indian dish made of rice and urad dhuli dal (black lentils without husk), usually served with coconut chutney and vegetable sambar. This favorite dish is not to...
Masala Dosa With BatterMasala Dosa is a thin crispy South Indian spicy and healthy dish made with rice and lentil batter, which is now a favorite dish across India. Delicious Masala Dosa is filled with aromatic stuffing of...
Sweet Corn Delicious...Sweet Corn Soup is a thick and creamy soup made with fresh corn kernels, corn cream and a bit of carrot and cabbage to enhance the flavor. White pepper powder complements the deliciousness the corn. a...