Vegetable Biryani is a delicious dish with a good aroma, which is made from rice and mix vegetables, herbs and spices. Traditionally biryani is made by the process of dum cooking with basmati rice, meat (Chicken or mutton) and spices. Vegetarian biryani is much simpler and easier than non-vegetarian biryani as vegetables are used to make biryani which does not require marination. This is a good aromatic vegetarian biryani or vegetable biryani recipe which includes healthy and delicious vegetables. Everyone loves vegetable biryani, so you can also pack delicious vegetable biryani in the lunchbox. The delicious biryani takes very little time to prepare.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 35 Minutes
- Meal Type :
vegetable biryani Ingredients
Ingredients of vegetable biryani
For Vegetable Marination
|Carrot, Cut Into Large Pieces||2||Cauliflower Florets||1 Small|
|French Beans, Cut Into Large Pieces||15 - 16||Green Peas||1/2 Cup|
|Curd||1 Cup||Ginger Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic Paste||1 Tablespoon||Ghee||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Cumin Seeds||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Saffron||A Pinch||Mace (Javitri) Powder||A Pinch|
|Green Cardamom Powder||A Pinch||Mint Leaves||3 - 4|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Fried Onion (Birista)||1/4 Cup|
|Basmati Rice||2 Cup||Black Cardamom||1|
|Black Peppercorn||3 - 4||Salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Bay Leaf||3||Water||As Needed|
|Ghee||1 1/4 Cup||Onion, Sliced||3 Medium|
|Cumin Seed||1/2 Teaspoon||Water||1/4 Cup|
For Making Jhol
|Saffron||A Pinch||Green Chillies, Slit||2|
|Ghee, Melted||1 Tablespoon||Milk||1 Cup|
|Oil, Onion Flavored||1 Tablespoon||Kewra Water||1 Tablespoon|
|Rose Water||1/2 Tablespoon||Mint Leaves||Few|
|Fried Onion (Birista)||Few|
- Wash and clean the vegetables and cut them into large pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee with 1/4 cup of oil in a pan over medium heat. When it gets hot, add chopped onion and fry it. Fry them till they turn golden brown and crispy, stirring occasionally.
- When the onions are well fried, strain them using a sieve and keep the onions aside. The birista is ready. Keep aside the onion flavored oil for further use.
- Wash and clean the rice twice and soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- To cook rice take water in a large pan. Add bay leaf, black cardamom, mace, cloves, black pepper and allow the water to boil.
- When the water starts boiling, add rice and allow it to boil for 2 to 3 minutes on high flame. Reduce heat and cook them on low heat until cooked to 70%.
- Strain the rice using strainer and keep them aside.
- Transfer all the vegetables to a large mixing bowl. add curd, ginger paste, garlic paste, ghee, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, coriander powder, saffron, salt, mint leaves, javitri powder, few birista and green cardamom powder and mix well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon onion flavored oil in a pan with thick bottom. When it gets hot, add mace, cloves and cumin and fry it for a few seconds. When the seed cracks add marinated vegetables and mix well. Add 1 tablespoon of water, stirring occasionally and cook them about 70%.
- When the vegetables are almost 70% cooked, take out half the vegetables in a bowl. Put a layer of rice on top of the vegetables in the cooking pan.
- To make jhol, add saffron, 2 green chillies, ghee, milk, salt, onion flavored oil, kewda water, rose water and mix well in another pan.
- Pour half of the batter on the rice in the cooking pan. Add mint leaves, birista and a layer of vegetables again. Then add a layer of rice, jhol, birista and mint on top of it.
- Take some dough to seal the pan. Apply a thick layer of dough on the edge of the pan and place a lid on the dough and press it slightly. Seal the pan and cook the biryani over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the gas. Delicious vegetable biryani is ready. Serve hot with Raita.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious vegetable biryani
Paneer Do PyazaPaneer do Pyaja is a delicious curry dish from India made from paneer. It is a delicious dish and this dish has a good amount of onion with paneer as the main ingredient. To make delicious paneer do...
Moong Rice KhichdiDelicious rice and whole moong (whole green gram) khichdi is a healthy and light food that is cooked in a pressure cooker or rice cooker. If you like to eat something healthy and light in your lunch a...
Suji DhoklaSuji (semolina) Dhokla is a soft, spongy and tasty suji snack and is easy to make at home. It is usually served as a morning breakfast or evening snack with pudina or tamarind chutney. You can make it...
PizzaPizza is a delicious Italian dish, usually consisting of a round and flat base made of whole wheat flour or refined flour, which is baked with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and some other various such a...
Butter NaanButter Naan, a soft bread cooked in a tandoor (clay oven), most favorite punjabi's dinner enjoyed with shahi paneer or dal makhni. This recipe of Butter Garlic Naan makes Naan even better with thin do...