How To Make Vegetarian Biryani
Vegetarian Biryani Recipe
Vegetarian Biryani is a delicious dish with a good aroma, which is made from rice and mix vegetables, herbs and spices. Traditionally biryani is made by the process of dum cooking with basmati rice, meat (Chicken or mutton) and spices. Vegetarian biryani is much simpler and easier than non-vegetarian biryani as vegetables are used to make biryani which does not require marination. This is a good aromatic vegetarian biryani or vegetable biryani recipe which includes healthy and delicious vegetables. Everyone loves vegetable biryani, so you can also pack delicious vegetable biryani in the lunchbox. The delicious biryani takes very little time to prepare. Follow our Vegetarian Biryani recipe and make delicious Veg Biryani at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 35 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 1 Like
vegetarian biryani Ingredients
For Vegetable Marination
|Carrot, Cut Into Large Pieces||2||Cauliflower Florets||1 Small|
|French Beans, Cut Into Large Pieces||15 - 16||Green Peas||1/2 Cup|
|Curd||1 Cup||Ginger Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic Paste||1 Tablespoon||Ghee||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Cumin Seeds||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Saffron||A Pinch||Mace (Javitri) Powder||A Pinch|
|Green Cardamom Powder||A Pinch||Mint Leaves||3 - 4|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Fried Onion (Birista)||1/4 Cup|
|Basmati Rice||2 Cup||Black Cardamom||1|
|Black Peppercorn||3 - 4||Salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Bay Leaf||3||Water||As Needed|
|Ghee||1 1/4 Cup||Onion, Sliced||3 Medium|
|Cumin Seed||1/2 Teaspoon||Water||1/4 Cup|
For Making Jhol
|Saffron||A Pinch||Green Chillies, Slit||2|
|Ghee, Melted||1 Tablespoon||Milk||1 Cup|
|Oil, Onion Flavored||1 Tablespoon||Kewra Water||1 Tablespoon|
|Rose Water||1/2 Tablespoon||Mint Leaves||Few|
|Fried Onion (Birista)||Few|
Direction To Make
Let's Start the recipe of Vegetarian Biryani.
- Wash and clean the vegetables and cut them into large pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee with 1/4 cup of oil in a pan over medium heat. When it gets hot, add chopped onion and fry it. Fry them till they turn golden brown and crispy, stirring occasionally.
- When the onions are well fried, strain them using a sieve and keep the onions aside. The birista is ready. Keep aside the onion flavored oil for further use.
- Wash and clean the rice twice and soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- To cook rice take water in a large pan. Add bay leaf, black cardamom, mace, cloves, black pepper and allow the water to boil.
- When the water starts boiling, add rice and allow it to boil for 2 to 3 minutes on high flame. Reduce heat and cook them on low heat until cooked to 70%.
- Strain the rice using strainer and keep them aside.
- Transfer all the vegetables to a large mixing bowl. add curd, ginger paste, garlic paste, ghee, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, coriander powder, saffron, salt, mint leaves, javitri powder, few birista and green cardamom powder and mix well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon onion flavored oil in a pan with thick bottom. When it gets hot, add mace, cloves and cumin and fry it for a few seconds. When the seed cracks add marinated vegetables and mix well. Add 1 tablespoon of water, stirring occasionally and cook them about 70%.
- When the vegetables are almost 70% cooked, take out half the vegetables in a bowl. Put a layer of rice on top of the vegetables in the cooking pan.
- To make jhol, add saffron, 2 green chillies, ghee, milk, salt, onion flavored oil, kewda water, rose water and mix well in another pan.
- Pour half of the batter on the rice in the cooking pan. Add mint leaves, birista and a layer of vegetables again. Then add a layer of rice, jhol, birista and mint on top of it.
- Take some dough to seal the pan. Apply a thick layer of dough on the edge of the pan and place a lid on the dough and press it slightly. Seal the pan and cook the biryani over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the gas. Delicious vegetable biryani is ready. Serve hot with Raita.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsLeander Fernandes
DeliciousBeautiful coloursPawan Batra
Delicious vegetarian biryani
Aam PapadAam Papad or Mango Papad is a delicious dish also known as Amawat which is sweet and sour in taste and is very popular in India. We have been eating aam papad since childhood and love the taste of aam...
Bharwa Shimla MirchPotato capsicum is a delicious and most popular vegetable in India and if the capsicum is stuffed with potato, the taste doubles. Bharwa Shimla Mirch or stuffed capsicum is the most delicious dish of...
Kadhi PakodaKadhi Pakoda is the most famous dish of India especially in North India. You can find the dish in every dhaba or any restaurant. The delicious dish Kadhi Pakoda is mostly served with rice famous as To...
Kadhi PakodaKadhi Pakoda is a delicious dish and is served mostly with rice. It is one of the most popular dishes of North India. Deep fried fritters called pakoras made of besan (gram flour) are dipped in thick...
Veg Manchurian GravyThe vegetarian gravy Manchurian is a deep-fried mix vegetable balls poured into a sweet-sour and spicy sauce. This gravy Manchurian is very tasty to eat with plain rice, fried rice, steamed rice and...