Vegetable Biryani is a delicious dish with a good aroma, which is made from rice and mix vegetables, herbs and spices. Traditionally biryani is made by the process of dum cooking with basmati rice, meat (Chicken or mutton) and spices. Vegetarian biryani is much simpler and easier than non-vegetarian biryani as vegetables are used to make biryani which does not require marination. This is a good aromatic vegetarian biryani or vegetable biryani recipe which includes healthy and delicious vegetables. Everyone loves vegetable biryani, so you can also pack delicious vegetable biryani in the lunchbox. The delicious biryani takes very little time to prepare.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 35 Minutes
- Meal Type :
For Vegetable Marination
|Carrot, Cut Into Large Pieces||2||Cauliflower Florets||1 Small|
|French Beans, Cut Into Large Pieces||15 - 16||Green Peas||1/2 Cup|
|Curd||1 Cup||Ginger Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic Paste||1 Tablespoon||Ghee||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Cumin Seeds||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Saffron||A Pinch||Mace (Javitri) Powder||A Pinch|
|Green Cardamom Powder||A Pinch||Mint Leaves||3 - 4|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Fried Onion (Birista)||1/4 Cup|
|Basmati Rice||2 Cup||Black Cardamom||1|
|Black Peppercorn||3 - 4||Salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Bay Leaf||3||Water||As Needed|
|Ghee||1 1/4 Cup||Onion, Sliced||3 Medium|
|Cumin Seed||1/2 Teaspoon||Water||1/4 Cup|
For Making Jhol
|Saffron||A Pinch||Green Chillies, Slit||2|
|Ghee, Melted||1 Tablespoon||Milk||1 Cup|
|Oil, Onion Flavored||1 Tablespoon||Kewra Water||1 Tablespoon|
|Rose Water||1/2 Tablespoon||Mint Leaves||Few|
|Fried Onion (Birista)||Few|
- Wash and clean the vegetables and cut them into large pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee with 1/4 cup of oil in a pan over medium heat. When it gets hot, add chopped onion and fry it. Fry them till they turn golden brown and crispy, stirring occasionally.
- When the onions are well fried, strain them using a sieve and keep the onions aside. The birista is ready. Keep aside the onion flavored oil for further use.
- Wash and clean the rice twice and soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- To cook rice take water in a large pan. Add bay leaf, black cardamom, mace, cloves, black pepper and allow the water to boil.
- When the water starts boiling, add rice and allow it to boil for 2 to 3 minutes on high flame. Reduce heat and cook them on low heat until cooked to 70%.
- Strain the rice using strainer and keep them aside.
- Transfer all the vegetables to a large mixing bowl. add curd, ginger paste, garlic paste, ghee, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, coriander powder, saffron, salt, mint leaves, javitri powder, few birista and green cardamom powder and mix well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon onion flavored oil in a pan with thick bottom. When it gets hot, add mace, cloves and cumin and fry it for a few seconds. When the seed cracks add marinated vegetables and mix well. Add 1 tablespoon of water, stirring occasionally and cook them about 70%.
- When the vegetables are almost 70% cooked, take out half the vegetables in a bowl. Put a layer of rice on top of the vegetables in the cooking pan.
- To make jhol, add saffron, 2 green chillies, ghee, milk, salt, onion flavored oil, kewda water, rose water and mix well in another pan.
- Pour half of the batter on the rice in the cooking pan. Add mint leaves, birista and a layer of vegetables again. Then add a layer of rice, jhol, birista and mint on top of it.
- Take some dough to seal the pan. Apply a thick layer of dough on the edge of the pan and place a lid on the dough and press it slightly. Seal the pan and cook the biryani over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the gas. Delicious vegetable biryani is ready. Serve hot with Raita.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious dish that can be served appetizers. It is so delicious that no one denies the taste of mushroom Manchurian. Mushroom Manchurian is not only delicious, but also The D...