How To Make Veg Manchurian Gravy
Veg Manchurian Gravy Recipe
The vegetarian gravy Manchurian is a deep-fried mix vegetable balls poured into a sweet-sour and spicy sauce. This gravy Manchurian is very tasty to eat with plain rice, fried rice, steamed rice and even chapati or roti. Delicious vegetarian Manchurian recipe with a sweet-sour and spicy gravy from the Indian Chinese cuisine divided in to 2 steps. The first step is to make Manchurian balls and the second is to make its gravy. Follow the recipe of Veg Manchurian Gravy and make delicious Manchurian at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 3 Likes
veg manchurian gravy Ingredients
|Carrot Finely Grated||1/2 Cup||Cabbage Finely Grated||1/2 Cup|
|Capsicum Finely Chopped||1/4 Cup||Green Onion||1/4 Cup|
|Black Pepper Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Refined Flour (Maida)||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn Flour||2 Tablespoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Red Chilli Powder||A Pinch or As Per Taste||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ghee or Oil||As Required for Deep Frying|
|Corn Flour||1 Tablespoon||Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion or Green Onion(White Chunk) Finely Chopped||1/4 Cup||Ginger Finely Chopped||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic Finely Chopped||1 Tablespoon||Green Chillies Finely Chopped||2|
|Celery||1 Tablespoon||Soy Sauce||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato Ketchup||1 Tablespoon||Red Chilli Sauce||2 - 3 Tablespoon|
|White Vinegar||1 Teaspoon||Water||1 1/4 Cup|
|Black Pepper Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Sugar||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Leaves||For Garnish|
Direction To Make
Making Vegetarian Balls
- In a large bowl mix all veggies (finely grated carrots, cabbage, capsicum, green onions) and dry ingredients black pepper powder, corn flour, salt, red chilli powder and chaat masala.
- Mix and knead them well so that the vegetables release water and you will get the dough. Add some ghee and mix well. Do not add extra water as water from the veggies is sufficient to form balls. If you find it difficult to make balls, then add some water and mix well.
- Make small balls with this veggie mixture and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee for frying the balls in a pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot enough to fry, fry 4 - 5 balls until the balls turns crispy and golden brown.
- When fried, take the balls out of the ghee and keep them on a paper napkin for some time to soak up the excess ghee. Fry all the balls in this way.
- Take a bowl and add all three sauces (tomato ketchup, soy sauce and red chilli sauce) and mix them well.
- Take another bowl and add 1 tablespoon corn flour and 2 tablespoons water to it and mix them well to remove all the lumps.
- Put 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan and heat it on medium heat. When ghee is hot enough add chopped green onions, finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies and fry them while stirring continuously.
- Add sauce mixture and mix well. Add 1 1/4 cup of water and allow it to boil. Then add the corn floor mixture and mix well.
- Stir continuously while cooking the Manchurian gravy. Boil the gravy and sauce until thickened. Taste the gravy so that the cornflour does not have a raw taste. The gravy is ready in about 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat. If the gravy is too thick, add some water and if it is too thin add some cornflour, mix well and boil for a minute.
- Mix pepper powder and a little salt, as soy sauce, tomato ketchup and chilli sauce already have salt. So add salt as per your choice. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add fried Manchurian balls and 1 teaspoon vinegar. Stir gently and coat the balls with gravy.
- Switch off the heat. Manchurian gravy is ready. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and serve hot with plain rice, fried rice or chappati.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious veg manchurian gravy
Plum JamA delicious sweet and sour plum (aloo bukhara) jam for plum fruit lovers. The jam is very delicious especially when it is homemade. This is an easy recipe to make jam at home from Aloo Bukhara. Aloo a...
Shahi PaneerShahi Paneer is an Indian vegetable that is so tasty, creamy and rich, made from paneer. Shahi paneer is so delicious that everyone in India loves it. The word Shahi stands for Royal and the dish has...
UttapamUttapam or Uttappa or Oothappam, is a healthy breakfast made in South India with slightly thicker DOSA BATTER, rice and urad dal batter. However, dosa is a very thin food, on the contrary, uttapam is...
Gulkand GujiyaHoli festival is not only a festival of colors but also a festival of delicious food. On this festival people start making delicious Gujiya in advance. You must have eaten mava Gujiya on this but we a...
DhoklaDhokla is a pure vegetarian dish from the state of Gujarat, India also known as Khaman Dhokla. Now this dish is very popular in other states also. For those who suspect that dhokla is not good for it...