Uttapam or Uttappa or Oothappam, is a healthy breakfast made in South India with slightly thicker DOSA BATTER, rice and urad dal batter. However, dosa is a very thin food, on the contrary, uttapam is thick and garnished by topping it with vegetables like tomatoes, onions, green chilies, capsicum, carrots, sweet corn etc. Vegetables make uttapam even more delicious and healthy. Like idli, dosa batter, rice and urad dal batter for uttapam is also prepared in advance and stored for days and is used to make delicious uttapam easily and in just 20 minutes for a delicious breakfast. This detailed uttapam recipe explains in detail about the cooking process. You can make delicious uttapam at home with your favorite vegetables. You can also make uttapam like pizza by garnishing it with vegetables and grated mozzarella cheese.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Dosa Batter||2 Cups||Tomato Finely Chopped||1 large|
|Onion Finely Chopped||1 medium||Capsicum Finely Chopped||1/2 Cup|
|Green Chilli Finely Chopped||3 - 4||Coriander Leaves Chopped||1/2 Cup|
|Ghee or Oil||For Shallow Fry||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
- Prepare the batter for uttapam by the procedure described in the dosa recipe, but make the batter for uttapam is slightly thicker than the dosa batter. Add salt and mix well to the batter as per taste.
- Heat a normal cast iron griddle (tawa), dosa tava or a non-stick tava over medium heat. We recommend use a non-stick tava to prevent the uttapam sticking on tava. Pour a few drops of ghee or oil over the tava and spread it. When the tava gets hot, pour a ladle-full batter over it and spread the batter by turning the back of ladle in a clockwise direction over the batter.
- Mix all the chopped vegetables like onion, tomato, capsicum and green chilli, coriander leaves in a bowl.
- Spread mix chopped vegetables on top of it and press it slightly using a spatula.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of ghee on the edges of uttapam. Cook it for about 2-3 minutes, if you like the thicker base of uttapam then you should cover it with a lid while cooking or the thicker base needs more time to cook.
- Flip the uttapam to cook from the other side. Flip over and cook until both sides are well cooked.
- Cook the remaining batter like wise. Uttapam is ready to be served. Serve hot uttapam with coconut chutney.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious dish that can be served appetizers. It is so delicious that no one denies the taste of mushroom Manchurian. Mushroom Manchurian is not only delicious, but also The D...