Tofu, also called bean curd, is a vegetarian food, which is made by coagulating and pressing soy milk resulting makes tofu. Tofu has a good taste, it can be used to make many delicious dishes. Tofu has a spongy texture and absorbs the flavor of the spices used to make the dish. It is vegetarian but is often considered as a meat substitute. Tofu is a rich source of protein but contains fewer calories. Tofu contains a good amount of iron, it also contains calcium and magnesium which depends on the coagulants (calcium chloride, calcium sulfate or magnesium sulfate) used to make tofu. Here we are sharing the recipe of Tofu to make at home. You can make tofu at home to make delicious tofu dishes.
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Soy Milk||2 Liter||Lemon Juice||2 Tablespoon|
- Take 2 liters of Soy Milk in a deep large bowl and boil it on a medium flame, stirring occasionally.
- To prevent the milk from burning, dip the spoon down and stirring well. Turn off the gas when it comes to boil.
- Cut the lemon and squeeze it to collect the juice in a bowl. Add equal amount of water to it.
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon mixture to the hot milk and mix well. Add another tablespoon of lemon mixture and mix again. Repeat the process until the milk coagulant starts.
- Milk will be coagulant in 2 - 3 tablespoons of lemon mixture.
- Now we have to filter it. To filter, set a strainer with a muslin cloth inside it in a large bowl.
- Add coagulant milk to it. The tofu will remain in the cloth and water will come out in the bowl.
- Hold all the corners of the muslin cloth together so that the tofu does not come out of it and squeeze the cloth to remove all the water from it.
- Fold the cloth to cover the tofu and place some heavy stuff on it. Leave the tofu to set for about 1/2 hour and the remaining water drains.
- Tofu is ready, you can make a dish of fresh homemade tofu of your choice.
There comes a box to set the tofu to the appropriate shape, if you have a box to set the tofu then you can set the tofu in that box.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious dish that can be served appetizers. It is so delicious that no one denies the taste of mushroom Manchurian. Mushroom Manchurian is not only delicious, but also The D...