Tofu, also called bean curd, is a vegetarian food, which is made by coagulating and pressing soy milk resulting makes tofu. Tofu has a good taste, it can be used to make many delicious dishes. Tofu has a spongy texture and absorbs the flavor of the spices used to make the dish. It is vegetarian but is often considered as a meat substitute. Tofu is a rich source of protein but contains fewer calories. Tofu contains a good amount of iron, it also contains calcium and magnesium which depends on the coagulants (calcium chloride, calcium sulfate or magnesium sulfate) used to make tofu. Here we are sharing the recipe of Tofu to make at home. You can make tofu at home to make delicious tofu dishes.
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Soy Milk||2 Liter||Lemon Juice||2 Tablespoon|
- Take 2 liters of Soy Milk in a deep large bowl and boil it on a medium flame, stirring occasionally.
- To prevent the milk from burning, dip the spoon down and stirring well. Turn off the gas when it comes to boil.
- Cut the lemon and squeeze it to collect the juice in a bowl. Add equal amount of water to it.
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon mixture to the hot milk and mix well. Add another tablespoon of lemon mixture and mix again. Repeat the process until the milk coagulant starts.
- Milk will be coagulant in 2 - 3 tablespoons of lemon mixture.
- Now we have to filter it. To filter, set a strainer with a muslin cloth inside it in a large bowl.
- Add coagulant milk to it. The tofu will remain in the cloth and water will come out in the bowl.
- Hold all the corners of the muslin cloth together so that the tofu does not come out of it and squeeze the cloth to remove all the water from it.
- Fold the cloth to cover the tofu and place some heavy stuff on it. Leave the tofu to set for about 1/2 hour and the remaining water drains.
- Tofu is ready, you can make a dish of fresh homemade tofu of your choice.
There comes a box to set the tofu to the appropriate shape, if you have a box to set the tofu then you can set the tofu in that box.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Besan Chilla CurryChilla curry or chille ki sabzi is a very tasty curry dish made from spicy gram flour pancake or chilla, this dish is very delicious and much famous in India especially in North India. This curry dish...
Besan Chilla CurryA spicy pancakes or chilla made with gram flour is very famous in India especially in North India and a delicious curry or sabzi made from this chilla is much famous and finger licking curry dish from...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...