Suji (semolina) upma is a popular dish that is tasty, healthy and is preferred as a morning breakfast. To make the upma, suji is first roasted and then cooked with fried vegetables, spices and water. It is decorated with fried cashew nuts. Follow this easy recipe and make delicious upma at your home. It does not take long to make upma and can be done in 20-25 minutes.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Meal Type :
suji upma Ingredients
Ingredients of suji upma
|Suji (Semolina)||1 Cup||Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch|
|Curry Leaves||1 - 2 Twigs||Onion (Finely Chopped)||1 Medium|
|Ginger Finely Grated||1 Teaspoon||Green Chilies||2 Finely Chopped|
|Carrot Finely Sliced||4 Tablespoon||Peas||3 Tablespoon|
|Capsicum Finely Chopped||3 Tablespoon||Tomato Finely Chopped||1 Medium|
|Fried Cashew Nut||8 - 10 Pc Chopped||Corriander Leaves Finely Chopped||2 Tablespoon|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Salt||1/4 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/4 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste||Ghee Or Oil||3 - 4 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 3/4 Cup|
- Heat 2 tablespoon of ghee in a wok or heavy base pan on medium heat.
- When the ghee melts, add Suji (semolina) and fry it on a low flame while stirring continuously. Fry it for about 4-5 minutes or until the suji turns golden brown (the time depends on the thickness of the pan).
- Take out the suji in a plate and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons again in a pan. When the ghee becomes hot, add asafetida (asafoetida), curry leaves, finely chopped onions, green chillies and ginger. Fry it for about 2-3 minutes or till the onion becomes translucent.
- Add all the vegetables (finely chopped carrots, peas, capsicum and tomatoes). Add salt, chaat masala and red chilli powder to it and fry it again for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and allow the mixture to boil. When the water starts boiling, add roasted suji and mix well. Stir continuously for 1 minute to avoid lumps.
- Cover the pan and cook the upma on low heat for about 3-4 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Turn off the heat, remove the cover and allow the upma to set for 10 minutes. Add fried cashew nuts and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Delicious upma is ready to be served. Enjoy this delicious and healthy upma at your breakfast.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 04 : 13 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious suji upma
Aloo ParathaAloo Paratha is a shallow fried Indian bread filled with boiled potatoes and very delicious and very popular all over India. Though it is a famous Punjabi dish, it is famous all over India and likes...
Kadai PaneerKadai Paneer - is a delicious and famous vegetable made from paneer and capsicum with traditional spices from India, Cooked in butter or ghee. Kadai Paneer is one of the most popular paneer vegetable...
KhichdiSimple whole moong (whole green gram) rice khichdi is a light and healthy food made by cooking rice and sabut moong in a pressure cooker. If you want to eat something light but healthy in your lunch a...
Delicious Pineapple...Curd, pineapple and pomegranate are very beneficial during summer season. If you have made raita from them then this is the best raita for summer. Here is a delicious pineapple raita recipe for you.
SamosaSamosa is made from refined flour. The samosa shell has some filling ingredients, usually mashed boiled potatoes, cheese, finely chopped onions, green peas, green chilies, or a mixture of lentils with...