Suji (semolina) upma is a popular dish that is tasty, healthy and is preferred as a morning breakfast. To make the upma, suji is first roasted and then cooked with fried vegetables, spices and water. It is decorated with fried cashew nuts. Follow this easy recipe and make delicious upma at your home. It does not take long to make upma and can be done in 20-25 minutes.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Suji (Semolina)||1 Cup||Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch|
|Curry Leaves||1 - 2 Twigs||Onion (Finely Chopped)||1 Medium|
|Ginger Finely Grated||1 Teaspoon||Green Chilies||2 Finely Chopped|
|Carrot Finely Sliced||4 Tablespoon||Peas||3 Tablespoon|
|Capsicum Finely Chopped||3 Tablespoon||Tomato Finely Chopped||1 Medium|
|Fried Cashew Nut||8 - 10 Pc Chopped||Corriander Leaves Finely Chopped||2 Tablespoon|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Salt||1/4 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/4 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste||Ghee Or Oil||3 - 4 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 3/4 Cup|
- Heat 2 tablespoon of ghee in a wok or heavy base pan on medium heat.
- When the ghee melts, add Suji (semolina) and fry it on a low flame while stirring continuously. Fry it for about 4-5 minutes or until the suji turns golden brown (the time depends on the thickness of the pan).
- Take out the suji in a plate and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons again in a pan. When the ghee becomes hot, add asafetida (asafoetida), curry leaves, finely chopped onions, green chillies and ginger. Fry it for about 2-3 minutes or till the onion becomes translucent.
- Add all the vegetables (finely chopped carrots, peas, capsicum and tomatoes). Add salt, chaat masala and red chilli powder to it and fry it again for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and allow the mixture to boil. When the water starts boiling, add roasted suji and mix well. Stir continuously for 1 minute to avoid lumps.
- Cover the pan and cook the upma on low heat for about 3-4 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Turn off the heat, remove the cover and allow the upma to set for 10 minutes. Add fried cashew nuts and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Delicious upma is ready to be served. Enjoy this delicious and healthy upma at your breakfast.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 04 : 13 : 02 : 01 : 0
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious appetizer. Everyone likes the mushroom Manchurian, from children to adults. Mushroom Manchurian is delicious and rich in vitamin D as mushroom is a great source of a...