How To Make Spanish Omelette or Tortilla
Spanish Omelette Recipe
The popular Spanish omelette also known as Spanish tortilla or tortilla de patatas, made with eggs, crispy fried potatoes and onions, is a delicious and healthy dish that originated in Spain. Eating eggs at breakfast is good for health and omelette is the most favorite dish of egg for breakfast. People who like to eat eggs know how to make omelette, there is a new egg recipe for you, Spanish omelette, which is a very healthy and delicious dish.
To make a Spanish omelette, you need potatoes, onions, eggs, salt, Black Pepper and olive oil. First of all, peel the potatoes and cut them into thin rounds and cut the onions into thin rings.
Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and add potatoes and onions. Cook them on a medium flame, while stirring occasionally, till the potatoes are soft and the onions are translucent.
In a bowl, beat the eggs with salt and pepper. When potatoes and onions are cooked, take them out of the pan. Add potatoes and onions to the eggs and mix well.
Now put this mixture into a frying pan and cook on medium flame. Fry the omelette till it turns light brown from the bottom. To finish cooking, carefully flip the omelette and cook for the other side for a minute or so until lightly browned.
You can serve the Spanish omelette hot, as an appetizer or as a main course.
Finally, a Spanish omelette is a delicious dish that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. It is a delicious and satisfying meal that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Try making Spanish Omelette at home and enjoy with your friends and family.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
spanish omelette Ingredients
|Onions||2 Medium||Black Pepper Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||For Deep Fry||Olive Oil||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
Direction To Make
- Peel the potatoes and sliced them into round shape like chips but slightly thick and finely chopped onions.
- Heat oil for deep fry in a nonstick pan on medium heat. When the oil becomes hot, add round sliced potatoes and a pinch of salt and fry it for about 10 minutes. Add chopped onion in it and fry them till light brown.
- Turn off the heat and take out the potatoes and onions from oil. Place them on the kitchen tissue to absorb excess oil.
- Break 6 eggs in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper power to it and beat it well. Add fried potatoes and onions to it and mix well.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick flat pan over medium heat. Add egg potato mixture and spread. Fry it till it turns light brown. Flip it to fry from the other side and fry till it becomes light brown.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the omelette to a plate. The Spanish Omelette is ready to enjoy. Enjoy your omelette with ketchup.
- Add 2-3 teaspoon of milk while beating the eggs, this will make more fluffy omelette.
- Beat the eggs using an electric beater, this will almost double the egg mixture and make the omelette thicker and fluffy.
To read the recipe in Hindi: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 1.04 : 0.03 : 0.02 : 0.01 : 0.0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious spanish omelette
Spanish OmeletteThe popular Spanish omelette is also known as Tortilla de Patatas or Spanish tortilla made of fried onion and crispy potatoes with eggs. This delicious dish has its origins in Spain. Eating omelets at...
Crunchy Egg FingersEgg fingers are a delicious snack made of steamed egg which are very soft from inside and much crispy from the outside. crispy, crunchy And the delicious snack Egg Fingers is easy to make at home with...