How to Make Shahi Tukda | Shahi Tukra
Shahi Tukda | Shahi Tukra Recipe
Shahi Tukda or shahi tukra is a delicious soft creamy dessert made with bread, milk, sugar, ghee and nuts. Shahi tukda is a royal dessert and is very popular in India, this delicious dessert originated during the Mughal reign. The shahi tukda is so delicious that the dessert was a favorite dessert of the Mughal emperors. Nowadays this delicious dessert is a favorite for everyone.
Shahi is the synonym for Royal which is a Persian word, and tukda is a Hindi word meaning a piece. Delicious shahi tukda are the most demanding dessert in the parties or functions. Delicious Shahi Tukda is a dessert that is served after a meal. To make delicious Shahi Tukda, the bread is first fry in ghee and then dipped in thick sweet and saffron milk and rabdi and garnished with dry fruits. In the last, a good amount of Rabri is poured over the dessert which is creamy and thick saffron flavored milk and contains nuts like chopped almonds, cashews and pistachios. We are sharing an easy recipe of delicious Shahi Tukda, follow the recipe and easily make the delicious dessert at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
For Milk Syrup & Bread
|Milk||1 1/2 Cup||Sugar||1 1/2 Cup|
|Saffron Strands||4 - 5||Green Cardamom Powder||A Pinch|
|Bread Slices||8||Ghee||For Frying|
For Instant Rabdi
|Sweetned Milk||Remaining of above Milk Syrup||Condensed Milk||3/4 Cup|
|Milk||1/2 Cup||Bread slices||2 - 4|
|Green Cardamom Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Saffron||A Pinch|
|Rose Water||1 Teaspoon|
|Saffron Milk||Rose Petals|
|Mint Leaves||Chopped Pistachio|
|Chopped Almonds||Chopped Cashews|
- Take 8 bread slices and cut off the edges of the bread. Now cut the remaining pure white bread into a triangle shape and keep them aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 cups of milk in a pot on medium heat. Add 1 1/2 cup sugar, 4 - 5 saffron and mix well. Allow it to boil, stirring occasionally to avoid milk sticking to the bottom.
- Once it boils, turn off the gas and keep the milk aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium heat. After the ghee is hot, add a triangular shape of bread and deep fry it over medium heat.
- Occassionally flip the bread for frying on both sides. Fry the bread on both sides until crispy and nice golden brown.
- Take them out of the ghee and place the bread in a plate on a tissue paper to soak up the excess ghee.
- Heat the boiled milk again on medium heat,
- pour these fried bread in milk syrup. Keep the bread in the milk for a while so that the bread absorbs the milk.
- Arrange these soaked breads in a tray in two layers.
Note : Do not keep the bread in milk for a long time otherwise it will become very soft.
- Sprinkle some green cardamom powder on the bread and keep the tray aside.
- To make instant rabri, strain milk in another pan and heat it on medium heat. Add 3/4 cup condensed milk to this and mix well.
- Take 2 - 4 bread slices and cut off the edges. Now finely chop the remaining pure white bread and pour these finely chopped breads in milk and mix well.
- Add saffron, green cardamom powder and mix well. Let the milk boil on a medium flame while stirring continuously until it thickens. Add rose water and 1/2 cup milk to it and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and blend the instant rabri in a blender to make a smooth texture.
- Keep the rabdi in the refrigerator for some time to cool down.
- Spread cold rabri on top of the fried bread.
- Keep it in the refrigerator atleast for 30 - 45 minutes.
- Garnish with saffron milk, chopped almonds, cashews, pistachios, some mint leaves and rose petals.
- Delicious Shahi tukda is ready, Enjoy with your beloved.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Vermicelli kheervermicelli kheer or sevaiyan kheer, is a dessert, which is very tasty and famous in India, that is made on many festivals. The vermicelli kheer is not only delicious but it is also very easy to make....
Vermicelli kheerVermicelli kheer also known as Sevaiyan kheer, is a delicious dessert, which is very famous for festivals in India. Vermicelli kheer is not only easy and quick to make but it is also very delicious. a...
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa or Carrot halwa is a delicious halwa, pudding or dessert that is cooked by simmering grated carrots in full fat milk. Gajar ka halwa is so delicious and popular in India and well known...
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa is also known as gajarela or carrot halwa, is a delicious pudding, halwa or dessert. Delicious Gajar ka halwa is made by boiling carrots in milk. Gajar ka halwa is easy to make and so a...
Malai Khoya RollMalai Khoya Roll or Bread Roll Malai is a soft and delicious dessert made from milk and bread. The dessert is so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy the taste, Malai Khoya Roll is very famous in...