Sabudana Khichdi is a delicious vegetarian pulao made from sago and peanuts. This gluten-free vegetarian dish, which is a delicious and extremely popular Indian dish especially during the fast of Navratri. However it is so delicious that the dish does not require any occasion to cook and enjoy. Navratri special Sabudana khichdi dish is easy to make but still so delicious. The dish is served hot with curd. Sabudana khichdi is usually made on fasting days in India and is flavored with green chilies and peanuts. We are sharing the recipe of Navratri special delicious sabudana khichdi, by following this recipe, you can easily make delicious khichdi at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 2 Hour 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Sago / Sabudana||1 Cup||Peanut||1/4 Cup|
|Green Chilli, Chopped||2 - 3 As Per Taste||Tomatoes, Finely Chopped||2 Medium|
|Ginger, Finely Chopped||1/2 Inch||Coriander Leaves, Chopped||For Garnish|
|Boiled Potatoes, Peeled and Diced||2 Medium||Desi Ghee||2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon||Black Pepper Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Rock Salt (Sendha Namak)||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Lemon Juice of 1 Lemon|
- Take sabudana in the bowl, wash it well 2-3 times and drain the entire water.
- Add about 1 - 2 tablespoons and soak it for about 2 hours.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of ghee in a non-stick pan on high heat. When the ghee gets hot, add peanuts to it and fry it over high heat until it starts crackles, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the fried peanuts to a bowl, leaving the ghee in the pan.
- Add cumin, chopped ginger, green chillies to the hot ghee and fry on a high flame for about 2 minutes until the cumin starts crackling.
- Add chopped tomatoes, fry on high heat for about 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. Add boiled potatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes on high heat, while stirring continuously.
- Add sabudana, black pepper powder and rock salt and mix well. Cook it for one minute while stirring. Add fried peanuts, lemon juice and sugar and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes on high flame while stirring continuously.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Turn off the heat. Delicious sabudana khichdi is ready to be served.
- Serve hot sabudana khichdi and enjoy.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious dish that can be served appetizers. It is so delicious that no one denies the taste of mushroom Manchurian. Mushroom Manchurian is not only delicious, but also The D...