Sabudana Khichdi is a delicious vegetarian pulao made from sago and peanuts. This gluten-free vegetarian dish, which is a delicious and extremely popular Indian dish especially during the fast of Navratri. However it is so delicious that the dish does not require any occasion to cook and enjoy. Navratri special Sabudana khichdi dish is easy to make but still so delicious. The dish is served hot with curd. Sabudana khichdi is usually made on fasting days in India and is flavored with green chilies and peanuts. We are sharing the recipe of Navratri special delicious sabudana khichdi, by following this recipe, you can easily make delicious khichdi at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 2 Hour 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Meal Type :
sabudana khichadi Ingredients
Ingredients of sabudana khichadi
|Sago / Sabudana||1 Cup||Peanut||1/4 Cup|
|Green Chilli, Chopped||2 - 3 As Per Taste||Tomatoes, Finely Chopped||2 Medium|
|Ginger, Finely Chopped||1/2 Inch||Coriander Leaves, Chopped||For Garnish|
|Boiled Potatoes, Peeled and Diced||2 Medium||Desi Ghee||2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon||Black Pepper Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Rock Salt (Sendha Namak)||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Lemon Juice of 1 Lemon|
- Take sabudana in the bowl, wash it well 2-3 times and drain the entire water.
- Add about 1 - 2 tablespoons and soak it for about 2 hours.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of ghee in a non-stick pan on high heat. When the ghee gets hot, add peanuts to it and fry it over high heat until it starts crackles, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the fried peanuts to a bowl, leaving the ghee in the pan.
- Add cumin, chopped ginger, green chillies to the hot ghee and fry on a high flame for about 2 minutes until the cumin starts crackling.
- Add chopped tomatoes, fry on high heat for about 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. Add boiled potatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes on high heat, while stirring continuously.
- Add sabudana, black pepper powder and rock salt and mix well. Cook it for one minute while stirring. Add fried peanuts, lemon juice and sugar and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes on high flame while stirring continuously.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Turn off the heat. Delicious sabudana khichdi is ready to be served.
- Serve hot sabudana khichdi and enjoy.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious sabudana khichadi
Soya Keema MatarSoya Keema matar is a healthy and delicious vegetarian keema dish made with soya chunks or soya granules with green peas and some Indian traditional spices. Easy to make delicious but healthy soya can...
TofuTofu, also called bean curd, is a vegetarian food, which is made by coagulating and pressing soy milk resulting makes tofu. Tofu has a good taste, it can be used to make many delicious dishes. Tofu a...
Uttapam PizzaUttapam Pizza is a healthy and tasty, an alternative to pizza. It is a fusion dish of uttapam with pizza, uttapam which is made with semolina (suji) is used as a pizza base and your favorite vegetable...
Suji DhoklaSuji or Rava (semolina) Dhokla is a spongy, soft and delicious suji snack and is easily made at home. Usually served at morning breakfast or evening snacks with pudina chutney. This video recipe you...
Tomato SoupTomato soup is a delicious and most popular starter or appetizer in India. Tomato soup is a delicious soup that most people like to have as a appetizer before starting their main meal at parties or It...