Rogan Josh is a delicious dish of "Kashmir" which is a heaven on earth. Enjoy the dish at your dinner table. The recipe of rogan josh for you is from Kishmir's kitchen in which goat meat is cooked in spices and herbs until the meat is tender and aromatic. A delicious non-veg dish is the pride of dinner parties. Delicious mutton rogan josh can be served with steamed rice or roti. Follow this recipe of Mutton Rogan Josh, you can easily make delicious Rogan Josh at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 40 Minutes
- Meal Type :
rogan josh Ingredients
Ingredients of rogan josh
|Mutton||500 Grams||Curd||3/4 Cup|
|cloves||3 - 4||Green Cardamom||2|
|Saffron||Few Strands||Dry Ginger Powder (Saunth Powder)||1 Teaspoon|
|Fennel Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Asafoetida||A Pinch|
|Kashmiri Red Chili Powder||1 1/2 Tablespoon||Mutton Stock||1/4 Cup|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Ratanjot||1 - 2|
|Ghee||1/2 Cup||Mustard Oil||1/2 Cup|
- Wash and clean the mutton thoroughly and keep it aside in a sieve to remove excess water.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan on medium heat. When the oil is hot, add cloves, green cardamom and fry a bit while stirring.
- Add mutton to it and fry it well on medium flame while stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile the mutton is frying, take a bowl and add curd, saffron, dry ginger powder, fennel powder, asafoetida and kashmiri red chilli powder and mix well. Add a little mutton stock and mix well again.
- Stir the mutton thoroughly and add the curd spice mixture to the mutton and mix well. Add salt and mix well. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally until oil begins to form on the surface.
- Add some mutton stock to it and mix well. Cover it with a lid and continue to cook until the mutton becomes soft and tender.
- Take Ratanjot in another pan, add 1/2 cup ghee to it and heat it on medium flame while constantly tossing the pan. Ratanjot will leave its red color in ghee and make it blood-red.
- Open the lid of the mutton pan and transfer the red ghee to the mutton using a sieve so that only the ghee gets transferred to the mutton and mixes well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the mutton becomes soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Rogan Josh is ready. Transfer the delicious Rogan Josh to the serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Enjoy delicious rogan Josh with rice or roti in your lunch or dinner.
To get the video for the recipe: click here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Chicken AfghaniAfghani Chicken is a delicious super creamy chicken dish, is cooked in a different way with a thick curd gravy. Afghani Chicken is not only delicious but also very easy to make at home, neither tomato...
Chicken LababdarChicken Lababdar or Murgh Lababdar is a delicious dish of chicken, which can be made quickly and easily at home. Chicken lababdar is dilicious dish very much similar to Butter Chicken. Chicken is so a...
Chicken Frankie RollChicken Frankie Roll or Chicken Roll or Chicken Frankie is nothing but a stuffed roti filled with the mixture of chicken and egg. Chicken Frankie is so delicious that everyone loves it, from children...
Butter ChickenMurgh Makhani or Butter Chicken is a delicious chicken dish, made with less spicy smooth tomato gravy and is very popular in India. Butter Chicken dish is not only famous in India but it is very in is...
Mutton CurryMutton Masala Gravy or Mutton Curry is a spicy and delicious mutton dish in the Indian style made of tender and soft pieces of goat meat or lamb meat with delicious spicy onion gravy. Mutton curry is...