How To Make Kashmiri Mutton Rogan Josh
Kashmiri Mutton Rogan Josh Recipe
Rogan Josh is a delicious dish of "Kashmir" which is a heaven on earth. Enjoy the dish at your dinner table. The recipe of rogan josh for you is from Kashmir's kitchen in which goat meat is cooked in spices and herbs until the meat is tender and aromatic. A delicious non-veg dish is the pride of dinner parties. Delicious mutton rogan josh can be served with steamed rice or roti. Follow this recipe of Mutton Rogan Josh, you can easily make delicious Rogan Josh at home.
Rogan josh is a aromatic classic dish from the Kashmiri cuisine of India. It is a slow-cooked curry traditionally made with tender pieces of lamb meat in a rich and flavorful gravy. The name "Rogan Josh" refers to the vibrant red color of the curry.
To make Rogan Josh, lamb or goat meat is cooked in curd and a mixture of spices like ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and Kashmiri red chili powder with a mixture of additional spices until it becomes tender and the flavors meld together. Ratanjot and mutton stock are also added to the dish which gives the special red color and flavor to the dish. The slow cooking process allows the spices to be absorbed into the meat, resulting in a rich and flavorful dish.
Rogan josh is known for its strong flavor, perfect balance of spices. The dish is garnished with fresh coriander leaves and served with rice or naan.
It is a famous dish that showcases the distinctive flavor of Kashmiri cuisine. Whether enjoyed on a special occasion or a cozy family dinner, Rogan Josh is a favorite amongst mutton lovers and makes for a truly delightful culinary experience.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 40 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
rogan josh Ingredients
|Mutton||500 Grams||Curd||3/4 Cup|
|cloves||3 - 4||Green Cardamom||2|
|Saffron||Few Strands||Dry Ginger Powder (Saunth Powder)||1 Teaspoon|
|Fennel Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Asafoetida||A Pinch|
|Kashmiri Red Chili Powder||1 1/2 Tablespoon||Mutton Stock||1/4 Cup|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Ratanjot||1 - 2|
|Ghee||1/2 Cup||Mustard Oil||1/2 Cup|
Direction To Make
- Wash and clean the mutton thoroughly and keep it aside in a sieve to remove excess water.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan on medium heat. When the oil is hot, add cloves, green cardamom and fry a bit while stirring.
- Add mutton to it and fry it well on medium flame while stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile the mutton is frying, take a bowl and add curd, saffron, dry ginger powder, fennel powder, asafoetida and kashmiri red chilli powder and mix well. Add a little mutton stock and mix well again.
- Stir the mutton thoroughly and add the curd spice mixture to the mutton and mix well. Add salt and mix well. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally until oil begins to form on the surface.
- Add some mutton stock to it and mix well. Cover it with a lid and continue to cook until the mutton becomes soft and tender.
- Take Ratanjot in another pan, add 1/2 cup ghee to it and heat it on medium flame while constantly tossing the pan. Ratanjot will leave its red color in ghee and make it blood-red.
- Open the lid of the mutton pan and transfer the red ghee to the mutton using a sieve so that only the ghee gets transferred to the mutton and mixes well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the mutton becomes soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Rogan Josh is ready. Transfer the delicious Rogan Josh to the serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Enjoy delicious rogan Josh with rice or roti in your lunch or dinner.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsLeander Fernandes
Delicious rogan josh
Nargisi KoftaNargis Kofta is a rich Mughlai dish made of boiled eggs which is wrapped with minced meat in creamy tomato curd gravy. Minced meat can be of chicken, mutton or lamb. To make the koftas first boiled in...
Chicken Ghee RoastChicken Ghee Roast is a delicious dish from Mangalore in India. This dish is an ideal combination of chicken with spices which is roasted in desi ghee (clarified butter). It is a spicy and delicious a...
Chicken TikkaChicken Tikka is a roasted chicken dish and most famous tandoori non veg appetizers or starter of chicken in India. The dish is such a delicious starter of roasted chicken that it is very popular all...
Mutton CurryMutton Curry or Mutton Masala Gravy is a popular and delicious dish made from goat meat. The dish has many variations with slightly different tastes and aromas. Delicious mutton curry in Indian style...