How to Make Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Roasted Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Pumpkin soup is a delicious creamy and spicy smooth soup. It is so healthy and delicious that you will love this soup. Roasted Pumpkin Vegetarian Soup is made with a pumpkin, onion, garlic, cinnamon and cashew and some spices. We are making pumpkin soup with roasted pumpkin that will make the soup more delicious than the boiled pumpkin's soup. If you are crazy for soup, and love to make soup on the weekends, try this recipe of roasted pumpkin soup, you will definitely love the idea. Soups can be stored in the fridge for 3 - 4 days, make soup on weekends and you can enjoy the soup on weekdays.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 2 Hour 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack
- 2 Reviews | 1 Like
roasted pumpkin soup Ingredients
|Pumpkin||1 Kg||Olive Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Pepper Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Onion, Chopped||1 Large||Garlic, Finely Chopped||3 Cloves|
|Cinnamon Powder||1 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Coriander powder||1 Tablespoon, To Garnish||Vegetable Stock||2 - 3 Cups|
|Fresh Cream||To Garnish||Cashew||8 - 10|
Direction To Make
- Preheat the oven to 1800 C.
- Remove the seeds from the pumpkin and clean it. Cut the pumpkin into 3 - 4 slices.
- Put the pumpkin slices in a roasting tray and pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper powder over it. Place the tray in a preheated oven for about 1 - 2 hours until the pumpkin becomes soft and caramelized from the edges.
Note: You can remove the skin before roasting the pumpkin and make small slices to roast the pumpkin quickly, but removing the skin is easy after roasting as it becomes soft.
Making Pumpkin Soup
- Set aside the roasted pumpkin to cool slightly at room temperature meanwhile you can prepare other ingredients.
- Take a pan and heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in it on a medium flame. When the oil is medium hot, add chopped onion, cashews and finely chopped garlic and fry it for about 5 - 7 minutes until the onion becomes translucent and soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile onions and garlic are cooking, remove skin from roasted pumpkin, if not removed before roasting.
- Add coriander powder, cinnamon powder and red chilli powder to the onion and garlic, cook and stir continuously until it you will get a nice aromatic smell. Add 2 cups vegetable stock to it and let it boil, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the gas when the mixture boils. Pour this boiled stock mixture and pumpkin into a blender and blend it to make a smooth and fine puree, be sure there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Sieve this mixed soup using a soup sieve, this will give you a really fine soup.
- If you want a slightly more thin soup, you can add 1 more cup of vegetable stock.
- Boil the soup it again.
- Healthy and delicious pumpkin soup is ready. Transfer soup to serving bowl. Garnish the soup with fresh cream and coriander leaves.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious roasted pumpkin soupLeander Fernandes
Fried ChickenFried chicken is a crispy and delicious snack made by deep fried the seasoned chicken, to make delicious fried chicken, first the chicken pieces are marinated in buttermilk, then coat with refined and...
Khasta Kachorikhasta kachori is spicy, delicious deep fried street food made with stuffing of urad dal, moong dal with aromatic spices. Many varieties of delicious kachori can be made such as dry kachori, mawa raj...
Delicious Poha RecipePoha is a well known dish in India, in English poha is known as beaten or flattened rice. You can find flat dried rice flakes in the market easily in the name of poha. Poha is a tasty and quick made a...
White Sauce PastaPasta with silky smooth and aromatic sauce made from milk, butter and refined flour (maida) guarantees that white sauce pasta gives you the best taste. White sauce pasta is also very easy to make at a...
Coconut ChutneyChutney is a sweet and sour captivating condiment which is originated in India. This is made from different kind of ingredients such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, lentils, herbs etc. Different types a...