Rava idli (semolina idli) is one of the simple, tasty and healthy dishes of South India that combines the goodness of many lentils and spices. It is not only easy to make at home, but also healthy and delicious too. There are now ready made rava idli mixtures available in the market nowadays which require a little water to mix and steaming. But, that did not beat the taste of soft, fluffy and preservative-free homemade idli.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 40 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
|Semolina (Suji or Rava)||1 Cup||Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Asafoetida (Hing)||Less Than a Pinch||Gram Lentils (Channa Dal)||1 Teaspoon|
|Black Split Lentils without Husk(Urad Dhuli Dal)||1 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cashew Nut (Cut Into Small Pieces)||7 - 8||Curd||1/3 Cup|
|Carrot Grated||1/2 Cup||Green Chillies Finely Chopped||2|
|Ginger Grated||1 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped||2 Tablespoon||Eno Fruit Salt||1 Pouch|
|Ghee or Oil||2 1/2 Tablespoon||Salt||1/3 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Water||1 Cup + Little More|
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a pan on medium heat.
- Add cumin powder, asafoetida, gram lentils (chana dal) and black split lentils(urad dhuli dal). Fry the lentils till they turn light brown. Add red chilli and chopped cashews and fry for 30-40 seconds.
- Add semolina (suji) to it and mix well. Fry it on medium flame till it becomes light brown, stirring occasionally. Do not fry so much that it burns. Remove it from heat and transfer it to a vessel and keep it aside to be cool. Let it cool at room temperature for 7-8 minutes.
- Add curd, chopped green chillies, ginger and salt to another bowl and mix well. Add fried suji and 1 cup of water + little more (2 Tablespoon) to it. Mix it well Be sure to remove all lumps.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and grated carrots and mix well. Batter is ready, keep the batter aside for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Add 2 glasses of water to the idli steamer and heat it on medium heat. Grease the idli molds with ghee. After 10 - 15 minutes for the batter to rest, add eno fruit salt to the batter and mix well.
- As soon as you mix the eno in the batter, pour the batter into the molds. Place the filled molds in the steamer and steam it on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- After steaming for 15 minutes, turn off the heat and remove the mold from the steamer. Let it cool to room temperature, remove the idli from the molds.
- Rava idli is ready to be served. Enjoy delicious idli with coconut chutney or sambar.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious dish that can be served appetizers. It is so delicious that no one denies the taste of mushroom Manchurian. Mushroom Manchurian is not only delicious, but also The D...