How To Make Onion Rava Dosa
Onion Rava Dosa Recipe
Rava Dosa is a thin and crispy crepe made with rava and rice flour, one of the easiest and delicious dosa to cook at home. Unlike other rice dosa, Rava Dosa does not require a batter to ferment overnight and the batter can be prepared immediately for Rava Dosa in just 20 minutes. Mix all the ingredients of rava dosa and let the mixture rest for 20 minutes. This onion rava dosa recipe explains in detail how to prepare batter and make dosa. The recipe also describes how you can prevent the dosa from sticking.
Rava dosa is a delicious and popular Indian dish, especially in South India, made from a mixture of semolina, refined flour and rice flour. It is a thin and crispy crape that is served with coconut chutney or sambar. Rava Dosa is a delicious and great option for breakfast, not only that but it is also very easy to make and very nutritious too.
Rava dosa is very easy to make at home as its recipe is simple too. The batter for the dosa is prepared by mixing rava, maida, rice flour, cumin, green chillies, onions and green coriander in a responsible manner. Then gradually add water and mix to prepare a thick batter. The batter should not have lumps and should be of a pourable consistency. keep it for rest for about 20 minutes so that rava soaks the water properly.
To make rava dosa, heat a non-stick griddle. When the griddle is hot, pour a ladleful of batter onto the griddle by moves in circular motion from outer side of griddle towards the center. Dosa is fried on a tawa till it becomes crisp and golden brown. Rava dosa can be served with coconut chutney, mint chutney or served with sambar.
- Preparation Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
rava dosa Ingredients
|Semolina (Suji or Rava)
|Refined Flour (Maida)
|Green Chilli Finely Chopped
|Curry Leaves Finely Chopped
|4 - 5
|Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped
|Onion Finely Chopped
|1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste
|Ghee Or Oil
|As Required to Roast
Direction To Make
- Take a clean big bowl and add semolina (suji), rice flour and refined flour (maida). Add salt and mix well. Add about 2 cups of water little by little and mix well using a wire whisk or hand beater. Batter should not contain any lumps of flour.
- Add cumin, ginger, green chillies, coriander leaves, curry leaves and finely chopped onions and mix well.
- Check the consistency of pouring of the batter. If the pouring consistency is low, add a little water and mix to get the consistency of the pouring well.
- Cover the bowl with a plate and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, re-check the consistency of the batter again as the rava absorbs the water and the batter may thicken. Add some water and mix well if the batter becomes thick.
- Heat a non-stick tawa (griddle) or dosa tawa on medium heat. Check if the tawa is hot for cooking the dosa, sprinkle some water over it, if the water evaporates, it means the tawa is hot and ready for the dosa.
- Take the ladleful batter and pour on a hot tawa. Spread the thin layer of batter in a circular motion by putting it from edge to center. pour batter until it covers the tawa.
- Pour 1/2 teaspoon of ghee or oil arround dosa edges and cook it for about 2 minutes until it turns golden brown and crispy.
- Flip the dosa to cook from the other side and cook for a minute until turn slightly crispy and golden brown.
- Fold the dosa and transfer it to a plate. Similarly, cook all the remaining dosa.
- Dosa is ready to be served.
- Serve hot dosa with coconut chutney or sambar.
To read the recipe in Hindi: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious rava dosa
Dahi Ke Kebab | Dahi ke...Dahi kebab are a soft, delicious and popular snack that you can enjoy with your family and friends at any special occasions like kitty party, birthday or other parties at your home. The kebab is so ke...
Dahi Ke Kebab | Dahi ke...Dahi ke Kabab also known as Dahi ke Sholey, is a soft and delicious snack popular in North India that you can make for your family or friends on a birthday, kitty party or any special occasion at your...
Chole BhatureChole Bhature is the most favorite food of North India.Bhature: A classic puffed Indian bread made of maida. Bhatura is a fluffy deep-fried bread made from a leavened dough of maida, yeast, and served...
Sweet Potato SandwichSweet potato is a starchy root sweet vegetable, which is grown worldwide. Sweet potato is delicious, healthy and rich in antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and fiber. Usually sandwiches are made with a...