How To Make Onion Rava Dosa
Onion Rava Dosa Recipe
Rava Dosa is a thin and crispy crepe made with rava and rice flour, one of the easiest and delicious dosa to cook at home. Unlike other rice dosa, Rava Dosa does not require a batter to ferment overnight and the batter can be prepared immediately for Rava Dosa in just 20 minutes. Mix all the ingredients of rava dosa and let the mixture rest for 20 minutes. This onion rava dosa recipe explains in detail how to prepare batter and make dosa. The recipe also describes how you can prevent the dosa from sticking.
- Preparation Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
rava dosa Ingredients
|Semolina (Suji or Rava)||1/2 Cup||Rice Flour||1/2 Cup|
|Refined Flour (Maida)||1/4 Cup||Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Green Chilli Finely Chopped||1||Ginger Grated||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Curry Leaves Finely Chopped||4 - 5||Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion Finely Chopped||1 Large||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Ghee Or Oil||As Required to Roast||Water||As Required|
Direction To Make
- Take a clean big bowl and add semolina (suji), rice flour and refined flour (maida). Add salt and mix well. Add about 2 cups of water little by little and mix well using a wire whisk or hand beater. Batter should not contain any lumps of flour.
- Add cumin, ginger, green chillies, coriander leaves, curry leaves and finely chopped onions and mix well.
- Check the consistency of pouring of the batter. If the pouring consistency is low, add a little water and mix to get the consistency of the pouring well.
- Cover the bowl with a plate and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, re-check the consistency of the batter again as the rava absorbs the water and the batter may thicken. Add some water and mix well if the batter becomes thick.
- Heat a non-stick tawa (griddle) or dosa tawa on medium heat. Check if the tawa is hot for cooking the dosa, sprinkle some water over it, if the water evaporates, it means the tawa is hot and ready for the dosa.
- Take the ladleful batter and pour on a hot tawa. Spread the thin layer of batter in a circular motion by putting it from edge to center. pour batter until it covers the tawa.
- Pour 1/2 teaspoon of ghee or oil arround dosa edges and cook it for about 2 minutes until it turns golden brown and crispy.
- Flip the dosa to cook from the other side and cook for a minute until turn slightly crispy and golden brown.
- Fold the dosa and transfer it to a plate. Similarly, cook all the remaining dosa.
- Dosa is ready to be served.
- Serve hot dosa with coconut chutney or sambar.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious rava dosa
Dahi Ke Kebab | Dahi ke...Dahi kebab are a soft, delicious and popular snack that you can enjoy with your family and friends at any special occasions like kitty party, birthday or other parties at your home. The kebab is so ke...
Aloo Paratha QuesadillaQuesadilla is a Mexican delicious and most popular street food in which tortilla (corn or wheat flour tortilla) is filled with either meat, chicken, different vegetables along with cheese. The is in a...
Paneer Manchurian DryPaneer Manchurian is one of the finest and most delicious Indo Chinese dish which is a spicy Manchurian with almost dry gravy and is made from soft paneer. This Indo Chinese Paneer Manchurian is a and...
White Sauce PastaPasta with silky smooth and aromatic sauce made from milk, butter and refined flour (maida) guarantees that white sauce pasta gives you the best taste. White sauce pasta is also very easy to make at a...
White Sauce PastaWith silky smooth and aromatic chutney made from milk, butter and refined flour, it is guaranteed that white sauce pasta gives you the best taste. Like other pasta, white sauce pasta is also very easy...