Rasmalai is an Indian classic delicious dessert made with milk chena, dipped in thick fragrant saffron milk or rabri. It is a delicious dessert which is very popular all over India and everybody likes this dessert. Rasmalai is a soft rasgulla dipped in saffron milk. The recipe of Rasmalai is bit similar to the Rasgulla recipe, both dishes can be made easily, but the recipe is a bit tricky to make the dessert perfectly soft and succulent. To make the dessert rasmalai, first curdling milk to make paneer or chena, then make the disc using this chena and boil them in sugar syrup, and in the last boil the milk to make thicken and mix kesar for nice aroma and add chena disc in kesar milk. This delicious fragrant kesar rasmalai is garnished with chopped nuts. This recipe will tell you how to make soft and delicious rasmalai at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 2 Hour
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
ras malai Ingredients
Ingredients of ras malai
For Chena (Paneer)
|Toned Milk||1 Liter||Vinegar||2 Teaspoon Approx|
|Ice Cold Water||As Required|
|Toned Milk||1/2 Liter||Saffron (Kesar)||A Pinch|
|Green Cardamom Powder (Elaichi Powder)||1/2 Teaspoon||Almonds Chopped||5 - 7|
|Pistachio Chopped||5 - 7||Food Color (Optional)||Less Than A Pinch|
|Sugar||50 Gram Approx Or As per Taste|
For Making Rasgulla
|Chena / Paneer||Sugar||2 Cup|
|Water||6 - 7 Cup||Corn Flour (Optional)||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ice Cubes||12 - 15|
- Boil 1 liter of toned milk in a large pan over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Take 2 teaspoons of vinegar in the bowl and add approximately equal amount of water to it and mix well.
- When the milk starts boiling, reduce the heat and while stirring continuously, add vinegar water gradually and little by little. Do not add vinegar at once.
- Milk will ejaculation and Paneer will come out of milk. Immediately add ice cold water to it.
- To sieve the chena / paneer, take a large bowl and place a sieve over it with a muslin cloth inside it.
- Put all the chena / paneer inside this muslin cloth, wash the paneer with water so that the vinegar comes out completely. Squeeze the muslin cloth to remove excess water from it and also make the paneer dry. Set this paneer aside for later use.
Make Rabri for Rasmalai.
- Boil 1/2 liter milk in a pan on high heat.
- When the milk is hot, add a pinch of saffron, green cardamom powder, chopped almonds, chopped pistachios and a pinch of food coloring and mix well.
- When the milk is boiled, reduce the heat to medium. Boil milk on medium heat while stirring continuously. Add sugar to it and boil again by stirring continuously.
- Do not thicken the rabri too much because if the rabri is too thick then rasgulla will not absorb the rabri.
- Take the paneer out of the muslin cloth and transfer it to a plate. Knead the paneer thoroughly with your palm until it becomes smooth. Add the corn floor to it and kneed it again until it becomes smooth and the corn floor mixes well.
- Divide the paneer dough into 10 - 12 equal portions and make a ball from a portion and press it between of your palms to make a small disc. Similarly create the remaining disc and keep them aside.
Put 2 cups of sugar and 6 - 7 cups of water in a large pan and boil it on high heat while stirring continuously.
When the water starts boiling, reduce the heat to medium. Add paneer disc to it and cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
After 10 - 12 minutes you will see that the disc size will increase to almost double. Flip them using a perforated spoon. Turn off the heat after 15 minutes and let it cool on the room temperature for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes take a large bowl and put 12 - 15 pieces of ice in it. Add sugar syrup to which the discs are resting. Transfer all the discs in it. Let them rest for 30 minutes in cold sugar syrup.
After 30 minutes, take rasgulla from it and press it gently between the fingers of both hands so that all the syrup comes out of it. After removing the sugar syrup from the rasgulla, pour all the rasgullas one by one into the rabri.
Allow the rasmalai to rest for at least 4 hours in fridge so that the rasgulla will soak the rabri properly.
Delicious Rasamalai is ready. Serve cold rasmalai and enjoy.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious ras malai
Shahi TukdaShahi Tukda or shahi tukra is a delicious creamy soft Indian dessert made with bread, milk, ghee, sugar and dry fruits. Shahi tukda is a dessert that symbolizes royal sweets and the dessert is very in...
Mawa ModakMawa modak or khoya modak is a traditional dessert made with solid milk. It is a delicious solid-milk based dessert that is usually made during the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi and is offered to Lord...
FaloodaFalooda or Faluda Looks like Noodles, is a cold dessert from India and is a very popular dessert in the summer season as it is eaten mostly with ice cream. Falooda is invented from a persian dish cold...
Moong Dal HalwaMoong Dal Halwa is an popular and mouthwatering dessert in North India that is eaten specially in winter season. This is an rich dessert made of lots of ghee and moong dal and is believed that it your...
Gulkand GujiyaHoli festival is not only a festival of colors but also a festival of delicious food. On this festival people start making delicious Gujiya in advance. You must have eaten mava Gujiya on this but we a...