How To Make Rajma Masala Curry
Rajma Masala Curry Recipe
Rajma curry, also known as red kidney bean curry, is a popular dish in North India. It is made with red kidney beans, also known as Rajma, which are slow-cooked in a flavorful tomato-based sauce with a blend of Indian spices. Learn how to make Rajma Masala Curry recipe now and enjoy the delicious taste of this classic Indian dish!
To make the dish, the kidney beans are first soaked overnight to soften them before being cooked with onions, ginger, garlic, and a variety of spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, and garam masala. Tomatoes are added to create a thick, gravy-like consistency. The curry is usually served with rice, but can also be served with roti or naan.
One of the key ingredients in Rajma curry is the garam masala, which is a blend of ground spices such as cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, cumin and coriander. This spice blend gives the curry its unique flavor and aroma. Other traditional ingredients include bay leaves, which are added for their aromatic flavor, and asafoetida, which is a strong-smelling spice that is often used as a flavor enhancer in Indian cuisine.
Rajma or kidney beans are rich in protein, Rajma curry is a delicious and very popular dish in India. If you like to enjoy the dish in the best way possible, enjoy it with steamed rice, a food combination famous as "Rajma Chawal" for lunch or dinner. By following this recipe of Rajma Curry, anyone can easily make this delicious curry dish at home, even if you are a novice. To make Rajma curry, kidney beans are soaked in water for overnight and then cooked with some readily available spices in all Indian kitchens. Follow the recipe of rajma masala curry and make the delicious rajma curry at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 8 Hour
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
rajma curry Ingredients
|Kidney Beans (Rajma)||1 Cup||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Onion, Finely Chopped||3 - 4 Medium||Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Garam Masala||1/4 Teaspoon||Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Kashmiri Chilli Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Rosted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Kitchen King Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Tomato, Finely Chopped||2 Medium|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Ginger, Grated||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic, Grated||1/2 Teaspoon||Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch|
|Water||As Needed||Coriander Leaves, Finely Chopped||To Garnish|
Direction To Make
- Wash the kidney beans (rajma) and soak them for about 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain the excess water and transfer the Rajma to a pressure cooker. Add 2 1/2 water and add 1/4 teaspoon salt to it. Close the pressure cooker lid and boil it on high heat till a whistle comes. Reduce heat after one whistle and allow it to boil on medium heat until 4 to 5 whistles come.
- Turn off the gas and allow the pressure to release on its own. Check kidney beans for tenderness. Boil for 2 more whistles if not soft.
- Take a frying pan, add 2 tablespoons of ghee or oil and heat it on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot, add grated ginger and garlic and fry for one minute while stirring continuously. Add finely chopped onion and fry it, stirring continuously until it turns golden brown. You need 2 - 3 minutes to fry the onion.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook on medium heat till the tomatoes are soft, stirring continuously.
- Add dried spices like 1/4 teaspoon salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, Kashmir chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder, kitchen king masala and chaat masala and mix well. Fry them for one minute while stirring continuously.
- Add the fried onion tomato masala to the boiled rajma in the pressure cooker and mix well. Close the lid and boil again for 1 whistle over high heat. Turn off the gas and allow the cooker to release all the pressure automatically.
- When the whole pressure of the pressure cooker releases, open it and add some chopped coriander leaves in it and mix well. Transfer the delicious Rajma to a serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Delicious Rajma is ready. Serve hot rajma with steamed rice, roti or butter naan in your lunch or dinner.
To get the video for the recipe: click here
To read the recipe in Hindi: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious rajma curryLeander Fernandes
It's delicious. Fantastic
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious dish that can be served appetizers. It is so delicious that no one denies the taste of mushroom Manchurian. Mushroom Manchurian is not only delicious, but also The D...
Soy MilkSoy milk and soy foods are rich sources of carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins, proteins and other nutrients. This soy milk can be consumed in place of dairy milk, although soy milk does not have the as...
Chole BhatureChole Bhature is the most favorite food of North India.Bhature: A classic puffed Indian bread made of maida. Bhatura is a fluffy deep-fried bread made from a leavened dough of maida, yeast, and served...
Delicious Pineapple...Pineapple Raita is a sour, sweet, salty and refreshing dish that is a delightful addition to any plate. Creamy curd, sweet pineapple and tart pomegranate seeds are very beneficial in the summer All a...
Sweet Corn Delicious...Sweet Corn Soup is a thick and creamy soup made with fresh corn kernels, corn cream and a bit of carrot and cabbage to enhance the flavor. White pepper powder complements the deliciousness the corn. a...