How To Make Rajma Masala Curry
Rajma Masala Curry Recipe
Rajma or kidney beans are rich in protein, Rajma curry is a delicious and very popular dish in India. If you like to enjoy the dish in the best way possible, enjoy it with steamed rice, a food combination famous as "Rajma Chawal" for lunch or dinner. By following this recipe of Rajma Curry, anyone can easily make this delicious curry dish at home, even if you are a novice. To make Rajma curry, kidney beans are soaked in water for overnight and then cooked with some readily available spices in all Indian kitchens. Follow the recipe of rajma masala curry and make the delicious rajma curry at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 8 Hour
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 1 Like
rajma curry Ingredients
|Kidney Beans (Rajma)||1 Cup||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Onion, Finely Chopped||3 - 4 Medium||Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Garam Masala||1/4 Teaspoon||Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Kashmiri Chilli Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Rosted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Kitchen King Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Tomato, Finely Chopped||2 Medium|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Ginger, Grated||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic, Grated||1/2 Teaspoon||Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch|
|Water||As Needed||Coriander Leaves, Finely Chopped||To Garnish|
Direction To Make
- Wash the kidney beans (rajma) and soak them for about 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain the excess water and transfer the Rajma to a pressure cooker. Add 2 1/2 water and add 1/4 teaspoon salt to it. Close the pressure cooker lid and boil it on high heat till a whistle comes. Reduce heat after one whistle and allow it to boil on medium heat until 4 to 5 whistles come.
- Turn off the gas and allow the pressure to release on its own. Check kidney beans for tenderness. Boil for 2 more whistles if not soft.
- Take a frying pan, add 2 tablespoons of ghee or oil and heat it on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot, add grated ginger and garlic and fry for one minute while stirring continuously. Add finely chopped onion and fry it, stirring continuously until it turns golden brown. You need 2 - 3 minutes to fry the onion.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook on medium heat till the tomatoes are soft, stirring continuously.
- Add dried spices like 1/4 teaspoon salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, Kashmir chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder, kitchen king masala and chaat masala and mix well. Fry them for one minute while stirring continuously.
- Add the fried onion tomato masala to the boiled rajma in the pressure cooker and mix well. Close the lid and boil again for 1 whistle over high heat. Turn off the gas and allow the cooker to release all the pressure automatically.
- When the whole pressure of the pressure cooker releases, open it and add some chopped coriander leaves in it and mix well. Transfer the delicious Rajma to a serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Delicious Rajma is ready. Serve hot rajma with steamed rice, roti or butter naan in your lunch or dinner.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious rajma curryLeander Fernandes
It's delicious. Fantastic
Besan Chilla CurryChilla curry or chille ki sabzi is a very tasty curry dish made from spicy gram flour pancake or chilla, this dish is very delicious and much famous in India especially in North India. This curry dish...
Delicious Paneer DosaGetting bored with regular plain dosa? Try this recipe of delicious paneer dosa!If so, I have brought one of the new recipes with a dosa combination that will be an excellent recipe for you to try. I...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Vegetarian a...
Gobhi 65Gobhi 65 or Gobi 65 is an delicious snacks, a deep fried crispy snacks, made from cauliflower, yogurt and spices. 65 dishes such as Chicken 65, aloo 65, Paneer 65 etc. are the popular snacks in South...
Paneer Do PyazaPaneer do Pyaza is a delicious curry dish from India made from paneer. It is a delicious dish and this dish has a good amount of onion with paneer as the main ingredient. To make delicious paneer do a...