Rajma or kidney beans are rich in protein, Rajma curry is a delicious and very popular dish in India. If you like to enjoy the dish in the best way possible, enjoy it with steamed rice, a food combination famous as "Rajma Chawal" for lunch or dinner. By following this recipe of Rajma Curry, anyone can easily make this delicious curry dish at home, even if you are a novice. To make Rajma curry, kidney beans are soaked in water for overnight and then cooked with some readily available spices in all Indian kitchens.
- Preparation Time :
- 8 Hour
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
rajma curry Ingredients
Ingredients of rajma curry
|Kidney Beans (Rajma)||1 Cup||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Onion, Finely Chopped||3 - 4 Medium||Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Garam Masala||1/4 Teaspoon||Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Kashmiri Chilli Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Rosted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Kitchen King Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Tomato, Finely Chopped||2 Medium|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Ginger, Grated||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic, Grated||1/2 Teaspoon||Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch|
|Water||As Needed||Coriander Leaves, Finely Chopped||To Garnish|
- Wash the kidney beans (rajma) and soak them for about 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain the excess water and transfer the Rajma to a pressure cooker. Add 2 1/2 water and add 1/4 teaspoon salt to it. Close the pressure cooker lid and boil it on high heat till a whistle comes. Reduce heat after one whistle and allow it to boil on medium heat until 4 to 5 whistles come.
- Turn off the gas and allow the pressure to release on its own. Check kidney beans for tenderness. Boil for 2 whistles if not soft.
- Take a frying pan, add 2 tablespoons of ghee or oil and heat it on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot, add grated ginger and garlic and fry for one minute while stirring continuously. Add finely chopped onion and fry it, stirring continuously until it turns golden brown. You need 2 - 3 minutes to fry the onion.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook on medium heat till the tomatoes are soft, stirring continuously.
- Add dried spices like 1/4 teaspoon salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, Kashmir chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder, kitchen king masala and chaat masala and mix well. Fry them for one minute while stirring continuously.
- Add the fried onion tomato masala to the boiled rajma in the pressure cooker and mix well. Close the lid and boil again for 1 whistle over high heat. Turn off the gas and allow the cooker to release all the pressure automatically.
- When the whole pressure of the pressure cooker releases, open it and add some chopped coriander leaves in it and mix well. Transfer the delicious Rajma to a serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Delicious Rajma is ready. Serve hot rajma with steamed rice, roti or butter naan in your lunch or dinner.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious rajma curry
Navratan PulaoNavratan Pulao is made with basmati rice, fresh vegetables and dry fruits, which is not just only very delicious Pulao, but also so tempting. This is the best dish for a party or any special must have...
Shahi PaneerShahi Paneer - is an Indian vegetable that is so tasty, creamy and rich, made from paneer. Shahi paneer is so delicious that everyone in India loves it. Shahi stands for Royal. The dish shahi paneer a...
Bread PizzaBread Pizza is a delicious pizza snack that is easily made at home using bread as a pizza base. This simple video recipe will show how you can make Bread Pizza on Tawa on Gas. Bread pizza can be as an...
Crispy Paper Dosa With...Dosa - A thin crispy and healthy South Indian dish made of rice and urad dhuli dal (black lentils without husk), usually served with coconut chutney and vegetable sambar. This favorite dish is not to...
DhoklaDhokla is a popular delicious Gujarati snack. With this easy video recipe, you can easily make soft and spongy Dhokla at home in 20 minutes. This is a quick dhokla recipe, this recipe does not require...