How To Make Ragda Pattice
Ragda Pattice Recipe
Ragda pattice is a delicious street food in India and is very popular in the states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. Delicious Ragda pattice is similar to another street food "tikki chole" which is very popular in North India. This dish is such a delicious and popular street food that everyone likes it, in the form of Ragda Pattis in Gujarat and Maharashtra and Tikki Chole in North India. This dish has two parts, one is ragda which is white peas with thick gravy and the other is pattice which is aloo tikki. We are sharing here the best recipe of Ragda pattice.
Pattice are fried mashed potatoes only with salt, while tikkis from North India are also fried potatoes but contain spices. To serve, the pattice are placed in a plate on the ragda with green chutney and tamarind chutney, then garnished with finely chopped tomatoes, onions, some coriander leaves and sev. Follow the recipe of Ragda pattice and make the delicious Ragda pattice at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
ragda pattice Ingredients
|Potatoes, Boiled and Grated||3 Medium||Salt||As Per Taste|
|Garlic Paste||1/2 Teaspoon||Green Chilli Paste||1/2 Teaspoon|
|White Bread, Without Edges||3||Ghee Or Oil||To Shallow Fry|
|White Peas||2 Cup||Water||As Required|
|Green Chutney||4 Tablespoon||Tamarind Chutney||4 Tablespoon|
|Degi Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Onion, Finely Chopped||1/2 Cup|
|Tomatoes, Finely Chopped||1/4 Cup||Fresh Green Chilli, Chopped||1|
|Coriander Leaves, Chopped||1 Tablespoon||Sev||2 Tablespoon|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Pomegranate Seeds||1/4 Cup|
Direction To Make
- Boil the potatoes and allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Boil white peas with turmeric powder and salt. Keep them aside for further use.
- Peel and grate the potatoes in a bowl. Add salt, green chilli paste, garlic paste and white bread and mix well.
- Keep it aside for 10 - 15 minutes, so that the bread absorbs the water and mixes with the potatoes.
- Mix well the potatoes once again. Take a small portion of the potato mixture and shape it into a tikki.
- Heat a 1 - 2 tablespoon ghee in a non stick pan over medium heat. When the ghee becomes medium hot, place the 2 - 3 tikkis for shallow frying.
- Fry them till they are golden brown from bottom, flip them to fry from the other side. Fry the pattice till golden brown from both the sides.
- Transfer them to a plate and fry all the remaining tikkis in this way.
- Heat some water in a pan, add boiled white peas. Do not add water if there is already water in white peas. Do not add too much water, the ragda should not be too thick nor too thin.
- To make a thick gravy, allow it to boil while boiling mash some white peas with laddle to mix them in gray.
- Ragda is ready, turn off the gas and set it aside for further use.
- Put a laddleful ragda on a service plate, put green chutney and tamarind chutney on it.
- Place a pattice, sprinkle some degi red chilli powder, some chopped onions, chopped tomatoes and some green chilies.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves, sev and pomegranate seeds. Sprinkle some roasted cumin powder and chaat masala.
- The delicious Ragda Pattice or Tikki Chole is ready to eat, serve it immediately and enjoy.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
To read the recipe in Hindi: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious ragda pattice
Chilli Paneer DrySpicy Hot Chilli Paneer, an Indo Chinese dish that is delicious and delightful anytime anywhere. Whether it is served as snacks in the form of dry chilli paneer or as a side dish in the form of gravy...
Rava IdliRava Idli is a steamed cake made of semolina or rava, curd, spices and yeast which is a perfect combination of health and taste. Serve rava idli with coconut chutney and sambar for breakfast. Idli, a...
SamosaSamosa is made from refined flour. The samosa shell has some filling ingredients, usually mashed boiled potatoes, cheese, finely chopped onions, green peas, green chilies, or a mixture of lentils with...
Sweet Potato SandwichSweet potato is a starchy root sweet vegetable, which is grown worldwide. Sweet potato is delicious, healthy and rich in antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and fiber. Usually sandwiches are made with a...
Tomato SoupTomato soup is a delicious and most popular starter or appetizer in India. Tomato soup is a delicious soup that most people like to have as a appetizer before starting their main meal at parties or It...