Ragda pattice is a delicious street food in India and is very popular in the states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. Ragda pattice is similar to another street food "tikki chole" which is very popular in North India. This dish is such a delicious and popular street food that everyone likes it, in the form of Ragda Pattis in Gujarat and Maharashtra and Tikki Chole in North India. This dish has two parts, one is ragda which is white peas with thick gravy and the other is pattice which is aloo tikki. Pattice are fried mashed potatoes only with salt, while tikkis from North India are also fried potatoes but contain spices. To serve, the pattice are placed in a plate on the ragda with green chutney and tamarind chutney, then garnished with finely chopped tomatoes, onions, some coriander leaves and sev.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
|Potatoes, Boiled and Grated||3 Medium||Salt||As Per Taste|
|Garlic Paste||1/2 Teaspoon||Green Chilli Paste||1/2 Teaspoon|
|White Bread, Without Edges||3||Ghee Or Oil||To Shallow Fry|
|White Peas||2 Cup||Water||As Required|
|Green Chutney||4 Tablespoon||Tamarind Chutney||4 Tablespoon|
|Degi Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Onion, Finely Chopped||1/2 Cup|
|Tomatoes, Finely Chopped||1/4 Cup||Fresh Green Chilli, Chopped||1|
|Coriander Leaves, Chopped||1 Tablespoon||Sev||2 Tablespoon|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Pomegranate Seeds||1/4 Cup|
- Boil the potatoes and allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Boil white peas with turmeric powder and salt. Keep them aside for further use.
- Peel and grate the potatoes in a bowl. Add salt, green chilli paste, garlic paste and white bread and mix well.
- Keep it aside for 10 - 15 minutes, so that the bread absorbs the water and mixes with the potatoes.
- Mix well the potatoes once again. Take a small portion of the potato mixture and shape it into a tikki.
- Heat a 1 - 2 tablespoon ghee in a non stick pan over medium heat. When the ghee becomes medium hot, place the 2 - 3 tikkis for shallow frying.
- Fry them till they are golden brown from bottom, flip them to fry from the other side. Fry the pattice till golden brown from both the sides.
- Transfer them to a plate and fry all the remaining tikkis in this way.
- Heat some water in a pan, add boiled white peas. Do not add water if there is already water in white peas. Do not add too much water, the ragda should not be too thick nor too thin.
- To make a thick gravy, allow it to boil while boiling mash some white peas with laddle to mix them in gray.
- Ragda is ready, turn off the gas and set it aside for further use.
- Put a laddleful ragda on a service plate, put green chutney and tamarind chutney on it.
- Place a pattice, sprinkle some degi red chilli powder, some chopped onions, chopped tomatoes and some green chilies.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves, sev and pomegranate seeds. Sprinkle some roasted cumin powder and chaat masala.
- The delicious Ragda Pattice or Tikki Chole is ready to eat, serve it immediately and enjoy.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious dish that can be served appetizers. It is so delicious that no one denies the taste of mushroom Manchurian. Mushroom Manchurian is not only delicious, but also The D...