How to Make Ragda Pattice
Ragda Pattice Recipe
Ragda pattice is a delicious street food in India and is very popular in the states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. Delicious Ragda pattice is similar to another street food "tikki chole" which is very popular in North India. This dish is such a delicious and popular street food that everyone likes it, in the form of Ragda Pattis in Gujarat and Maharashtra and Tikki Chole in North India. This dish has two parts, one is ragda which is white peas with thick gravy and the other is pattice which is aloo tikki. We are sharing here the best recipe of Ragda pattice.
Pattice are fried mashed potatoes only with salt, while tikkis from North India are also fried potatoes but contain spices. To serve, the pattice are placed in a plate on the ragda with green chutney and tamarind chutney, then garnished with finely chopped tomatoes, onions, some coriander leaves and sev. Follow the recipe of Ragda pattice and make the delicious Ragda pattice at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 1 Review | 1 Like
ragda pattice Ingredients
Ingredients of ragda pattice
MyDelicious Recipes-Ragda Pattice
|Potatoes, Boiled and Grated||3 Medium||Salt||As Per Taste|
|Garlic Paste||1/2 Teaspoon||Green Chilli Paste||1/2 Teaspoon|
|White Bread, Without Edges||3||Ghee Or Oil||To Shallow Fry|
|White Peas||2 Cup||Water||As Required|
|Green Chutney||4 Tablespoon||Tamarind Chutney||4 Tablespoon|
|Degi Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Onion, Finely Chopped||1/2 Cup|
|Tomatoes, Finely Chopped||1/4 Cup||Fresh Green Chilli, Chopped||1|
|Coriander Leaves, Chopped||1 Tablespoon||Sev||2 Tablespoon|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Pomegranate Seeds||1/4 Cup|
Direction To Make
- Boil the potatoes and allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Boil white peas with turmeric powder and salt. Keep them aside for further use.
- Peel and grate the potatoes in a bowl. Add salt, green chilli paste, garlic paste and white bread and mix well.
- Keep it aside for 10 - 15 minutes, so that the bread absorbs the water and mixes with the potatoes.
- Mix well the potatoes once again. Take a small portion of the potato mixture and shape it into a tikki.
- Heat a 1 - 2 tablespoon ghee in a non stick pan over medium heat. When the ghee becomes medium hot, place the 2 - 3 tikkis for shallow frying.
- Fry them till they are golden brown from bottom, flip them to fry from the other side. Fry the pattice till golden brown from both the sides.
- Transfer them to a plate and fry all the remaining tikkis in this way.
- Heat some water in a pan, add boiled white peas. Do not add water if there is already water in white peas. Do not add too much water, the ragda should not be too thick nor too thin.
- To make a thick gravy, allow it to boil while boiling mash some white peas with laddle to mix them in gray.
- Ragda is ready, turn off the gas and set it aside for further use.
- Put a laddleful ragda on a service plate, put green chutney and tamarind chutney on it.
- Place a pattice, sprinkle some degi red chilli powder, some chopped onions, chopped tomatoes and some green chilies.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves, sev and pomegranate seeds. Sprinkle some roasted cumin powder and chaat masala.
- The delicious Ragda Pattice or Tikki Chole is ready to eat, serve it immediately and enjoy.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious ragda pattice
Kurkure PaneerKurkure Paneer is a delicious and chrunchy snack that is an ideal starter for parties and a perfect snack. Crunchy and delicious kurkure paneer are made with paneer, corn flakes, maida, corn flour and...
French FriesPotatoes are liked by everyone and many delicious snacks are made from it, and French Fries are a delicious and most favorite snack among all potato snacks. French Fries is a mouth-watering and snack...
Paneer TikkaPaneer tikka is very famous and most demanding starter in restaurants made of paneer. There are many types of paneer tikkas that have different tastes and cooking methods. The most common and method a...
Veg Seekh KababSeekh kebabs are a delicious dish but famous as a non-veg dish made from minced meat (mutton or chicken) and cooked in a barbecue, tandoor or oven. Vegetarian kebabs made with different varieties and...
Cheese Potato BallsCheese Potato Balls are a delicious ball-shaped snack made with potatoes, capsicum, cheese, bread crumbs and spices. You will surely fall in love with these delicious snack “Cheese Potato Balls”, are...