Rabdi is the most popular delicious and creamy dessert with a nice aroma of saffron (kesar) And cardamom (elaichi) is also known as Shahi Rabdi. This detailed recipe of the thickest and the best rabdi with consisting of delicious small solid milk cream pieces and aroma of elaichi and kesar. Every spoonful of delicious rabdi, pistachios and almonds fill your mouth with taste and a nice aroma of saffron.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
Ingredients of rabdi
|Milk (Full Cream)||1 1/2 Liter||Sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Green Cardamom Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Almonds (Finely Sliced)||8 - 10|
|Pistachio (Finely Chopped)||8 - 10||Saffron (Kesar)||8 - 10 Strands|
- Boil milk in a heavy base-wide pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When the milk starts boiling, reduce the heat to medium. Boil the milk carefully so that the milk does not come out of the pan. Boil the milk, stirring occasionally until it reduces to 3/4 of its original size, the milk also becomes thick.
- Stir occasionally, you will see that a layer of cream appears on the surface of the milk. When the cream layer appears, move it towards the wall of pan using ladle and keep boiling.
- Move the next layer of cream again to the wall of the pan. Continue the same process, boiling the milk and moving the cream layer to the wall until the milk has reduced to 1/3 of the original.
- Add sugar and mix well until it dissolves completely. Add green cardamom powder, finely sliced almonds, pistachios and kesar and mix well.
- Cool the rabdi at room temperature.
- Scrape all the pieces of milk cream from the wall of the pan and mix in the remaining milk. Boil it for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Let the rabdi cool down at room temperature for some time and transfer to the refrigerator to cool. Let it cool for atleast 2 hours in the refrigerator. Delicious Shahi Rabdi is ready to be served. Garnish it with finely chopped almonds and pistachios.
- Enjoy the delicious rabdi with your family. You can enjoy this delicious Rabdi with Jalebi or Gulab Jamun.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Malai Khoya RollMalai Khoya Roll or Bread Roll Malai is a delicious dessert which is very famous in India. This delicious Indian dessert is easy to make with bread and milk. The Malai Khoya Roll is not only but seems...
Lauki Ki BarfiLauki ki barfi made from Lauki / ghiya / bottle gourd is a very popular and delicious dessert in India and is in great demand especially at festivals. Lauki barfi is also a famous dessert for fasting...
Gulkand GujiyaHoli festival is not only a festival of colors but also a festival of delicious food. On this festival people start making delicious Gujiya in advance. You must have eaten mava Gujiya on this but we a...
Vanilla Ice CreamVanilla ice cream is the most versatile flavour of ice cream and one of the most delicious ice cream. This easy vanilla ice cream recipe can be easily made at home. Ice cream may seem difficult to at...