Authentic Shahi Khurchan Rabdi
Shahi Khurchan Rabdi Recipe
Rabdi is the most popular delicious and creamy dessert with a nice aroma of saffron (kesar) And cardamom (elaichi) is also known as Shahi Rabdi. This detailed recipe of the thickest and the best rabdi with consisting of delicious small solid milk cream pieces and aroma of elaichi and kesar. Every spoonful of delicious creamy dessert, pistachios and almonds fill your mouth with taste and a nice aroma of saffron. The best variety of rabdi is Khurchan rabdi or Khruchan wali rabdi in which some solid milk cream pieces are made and the rest is thick rabdi. The pieces of solid milk cream are called khurchan that fill your mouth with the real royal taste. We are sharing here the detailed recipe of Khurchan Rabdi. Follow this recipe and make the best Khurchan Rabdi at your home.
Khurchan is a Hindi word that means scraped or crumbled. To make khurchan, the top layer of the rabdi is scraped and crumbled, creating a delicate texture that adds to the overall richness of the dessert. Rabdi, on the other hand, is a sweetened condensed milk that is slow-cooked until it thickens and reduces in volume.
To make Shahi Khurchan Rabdi, start by preparing the rabdi. In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat milk and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer until the milk has reduced to about one-third of its original volume. Add sugar, cardamom powder, and chopped nuts, and stir well. Cook the mixture for another 5-10 minutes until it become thickens. Shahi Khurchan Rabdi is best served chilled, and it is a perfect dessert for special occasions.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
|Milk (Full Cream)||1 1/2 Liter||Sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Green Cardamom Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Almonds (Finely Sliced)||8 - 10|
|Pistachio (Finely Chopped)||8 - 10||Saffron (Kesar)||8 - 10 Strands|
Direction To Make
- Boil milk in a heavy base-wide pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When the milk starts boiling, reduce the heat to low. Boil the milk carefully so that the milk does not come out of the pan. Boil the milk, stirring occasionally until it reduces to 3/4 of its original size, the milk also becomes thick.
- Stir occasionally, you will see that a layer of cream appears on the surface of the milk. When the cream layer appears, move it towards the wall of pan using ladle and keep boiling.
- Move the next layer of cream again to the wall of the pan. Continue the same process, boiling the milk and moving the cream layer to the wall until the milk has reduced to 1/3 of the original.
- Add sugar and mix well until it dissolves completely. Add green cardamom powder, finely sliced almonds, pistachios and kesar and mix well.
- Cool the rabdi at room temperature.
- Scrape all the pieces of milk cream from the wall of the pan and mix in the remaining milk. Boil it for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Let the rabdi cool down at room temperature for some time and transfer to the refrigerator to cool. Let it cool for atleast 2 hours in the refrigerator. Delicious Shahi Rabdi is ready to be served. Garnish it with finely chopped almonds and pistachios.
- Enjoy the delicious rabdi with your family. You can enjoy this delicious Rabdi with Jalebi or Gulab Jamun.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 2.04 : 0.03 : 0.02 : 0.01 : 0.0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious rabdiLeander Fernandes
Shahi TukdaShahi Tukda or shahi tukra is a delicious soft creamy dessert made with bread, milk, sugar, ghee and nuts. Royal Dessert Shahi tukda is very popular in India. This delicious dessert originated during...
FaloodaFalooda or Faluda Looks like Noodles, is a cold dessert from India and is a very popular dessert in the summer season as it is eaten mostly with ice cream. Falooda is invented from a persian dish cold...
Kesar Rice KheerKheer is a traditional dessert from India cuisine which is a delicious dessert made of rice, milk and sugar. Traditionally, made from rice, but can also be made from sago and vermicelli, even you can...
Boondi Ke LadooBoondi ke ladoo are the most popular sweets of India for the occasion of festivals such as Diwali, Holi etc., weddings or especially for pujas. Boondi is fried droplets made of besan (gram flour) and...
Mango Mastani IceCreamMango Mastani is a perfect combination of delicious mango milkshake and ice cream that satisfies you as a dessert. Your mind will be blown away by knowing how simple and easy a recipe is to make this...