Rabdi is the most popular delicious and creamy dessert with a nice aroma of saffron (kesar) And cardamom (elaichi) is also known as Shahi Rabdi. This detailed recipe of the thickest and the best rabdi with consisting of delicious small solid milk cream pieces and aroma of elaichi and kesar. Every spoonful of delicious rabdi, pistachios and almonds fill your mouth with taste and a nice aroma of saffron.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
Ingredients of rabdi
|Milk (Full Cream)||1 1/2 Liter||Sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Green Cardamom Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Almonds (Finely Sliced)||8 - 10|
|Pistachio (Finely Chopped)||8 - 10||Saffron (Kesar)||8 - 10 Strands|
- Boil milk in a heavy base-wide pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When the milk starts boiling, reduce the heat to medium. Boil the milk carefully so that the milk does not come out of the pan. Boil the milk, stirring occasionally until it reduces to 3/4 of its original size, the milk also becomes thick.
- Stir occasionally, you will see that a layer of cream appears on the surface of the milk. When the cream layer appears, move it towards the wall of pan using ladle and keep boiling.
- Move the next layer of cream again to the wall of the pan. Continue the same process, boiling the milk and moving the cream layer to the wall until the milk has reduced to 1/3 of the original.
- Add sugar and mix well until it dissolves completely. Add green cardamom powder, finely sliced almonds, pistachios and kesar and mix well.
- Cool the rabdi at room temperature.
- Scrape all the pieces of milk cream from the wall of the pan and mix in the remaining milk. Boil it for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Let the rabdi cool down at room temperature for some time and transfer to the refrigerator to cool. Let it cool for atleast 2 hours in the refrigerator. Delicious Shahi Rabdi is ready to be served. Garnish it with finely chopped almonds and pistachios.
- Enjoy the delicious rabdi with your family. You can enjoy this delicious Rabdi with Jalebi or Gulab Jamun.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Mawa ModakModak is a traditional dessert and mawa or khoya modak is a delicious dessert made with or milk powder solid milk. Modak sweets are usually offered to Lord Ganesha on the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi...
Mango PhirniPhirni is a popular dessert from North Indian cuisine. Phirni is a sweet and delicious pudding made with milk, sugar, rice and different flavors. Phirni, the delicious pudding is made with different a...
Kesar Pista KulfiKulfi is a frozen dessert of India since the 16th century, also known as "traditional Indian ice cream". Kulfi is a delicious and popular frozen dessert of India also popular in Sri Lanka, Nepal, and...
Apple PieApple pie is a delicious pie filled with sliced or chopped apple. Apple pie is like a cake with sliced or chopped apple stuffing. It tastes delicious like a cake. It is also a healthy dish. This...
Suji Ka HalwaSuji (semolina) Halwa is a very popular sweetdish throughout India and is also made as a Prasad (offered to God) on many religious occasions. After the god's Prayer, suji ka halwa is served as the of...