How to Make Pyaz Masala
Recipe of Pyaz Ki Sabzi
Pyaz ki sabzi or Whole onion masala is delicious and very popular in Rajasthan, the delicious pyaz ki sabzi is cooked in a different way. Pyaz ki sabzi is also known as stuffed onion and this sabzi tastes so much deicious. In the summer season when the food does not taste much due to the heat, you must try this Rajasthani vegetarian dish made of whole onions, which will not only protect you from the scorching heat of the summer but will also give you delicious taste. Pyaz ki sabzi is not only an easy dish, but it also has a great taste and can be served with ROTI or rice along with RAITA at lunch or dinner.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
pyaz ki sabzi Ingredients
Ingredients of pyaz ki sabzi
|Small Medium Sized Onions||400 - 500 Grams||Green Chilli, Slit||2 - 3|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium||Ginger||1 Inch|
|Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon||Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard Seeds (Rai)||1 Teaspoon||Fenugreek seeds (Methi Dana)||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Fennel Seeds (Saunf)||1/2 Teaspoon||Salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Dry Mango Powder (Amchoor)||1 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Gram Flour (Besan)||1 Teaspoon|
|Curd||3 Tablespoon||Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi)||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Ginger Julienne|
|Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch||Water||As Required|
- Peel the onion and make a cross cut to divide it into 4 parts but do not cut it completely, the onion should be uncut from the bottom.
Note: If onions are slightly larger then make the cross cut to divide into 6 parts.
- Add roughly chopped tomatoes and ginger to the mixer grinder and grind to make a fine puree.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of ghee or oil in a wok on medium heat. When the ghee becomes hot, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds (Rai), fenugreek seeds and fennel seeds.
- When it starts crackling, add tomato puree and salt and mix well.
- Cook it on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the oil starts separating, stirring occasionally.
- When the oil starts separating, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and amchoor powder and mix well and fry for a minute.
- Add Kashmiri red chilli powder and gram flour (besan) and mix well. Fry it well on a medium flame for 2 - 3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Turn down the heat to low. Add 3 tablespoon of curd and mix well and fry for about 2-3 minutes on low flame while stirring continuously.
- Add onion and mix well. Add garam masala and kasoori methi and mix well. Add some ginger julienne and green chili and mix well. Add asafoetida and mix well.
- Add water, cover the wok and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes open the wok and mix well, check if the onions have become soft if not covered and cook for another 2 minutes.
- The delicious pyaz ki sabzi is ready to be served. Serve delicious onion masala with roti or rice at lunch or dinner.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious pyaz ki sabzi
Cheese Potato BallsCheese Potato Balls are a delicious and easiest starter for your home party that you can prepare in advance and only need to deep fry them at the time of serving, so that you can serve them hot and to...
Kadhi PakodaKadhi Pakora is a delicious dish and is served mostly with rice. It is one of the most popular dishes of North India. Deep fried fritters called pakoras made of besan (gram flour) are dipped in thick...
Chilli Paneer GravySpicy and hot chilli paneer gravy is a delicious and very popular Indo Chinese paneer dish usually served as a main course with fried rice. There are 2 different types of chilli paneer that you can is...
Moong Rice KhichdiDelicious rice and whole moong (whole green gram) khichdi is a healthy and light food that is cooked in a pressure cooker or rice cooker. If you like to eat something healthy and light in your lunch a...
Veg Manchurian GravyThe vegetarian gravy Manchurian is a deep-fried mix vegetable balls poured into a sweet-sour and spicy sauce. This gravy Manchurian is very tasty to eat with plain rice, fried rice, steamed rice and...