How to Make Pyaz Masala
Recipe of Pyaz Ki Sabzi
Pyaz ki sabzi or Whole onion masala is delicious and very popular in Rajasthan, the delicious pyaz ki sabzi is cooked in a different way. Pyaz ki sabzi is also known as stuffed onion and this sabzi tastes so much deicious. In the summer season when the food does not taste much due to the heat, you must try this Rajasthani vegetarian dish made of whole onions, which will not only protect you from the scorching heat of the summer but will also give you delicious taste. Pyaz ki sabzi is not only an easy dish, but it also has a great taste and can be served with ROTI or rice along with RAITA at lunch or dinner.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Small Medium Sized Onions||400 - 500 Grams||Green Chilli, Slit||2 - 3|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium||Ginger||1 Inch|
|Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon||Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard Seeds (Rai)||1 Teaspoon||Fenugreek seeds (Methi Dana)||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Fennel Seeds (Saunf)||1/2 Teaspoon||Salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Dry Mango Powder (Amchoor)||1 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Gram Flour (Besan)||1 Teaspoon|
|Curd||3 Tablespoon||Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi)||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Ginger Julienne|
|Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch||Water||As Required|
- Peel the onion and make a cross cut to divide it into 4 parts but do not cut it completely, the onion should be uncut from the bottom.
Note: If onions are slightly larger then make the cross cut to divide into 6 parts.
- Add roughly chopped tomatoes and ginger to the mixer grinder and grind to make a fine puree.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of ghee or oil in a wok on medium heat. When the ghee becomes hot, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds (Rai), fenugreek seeds and fennel seeds.
- When it starts crackling, add tomato puree and salt and mix well.
- Cook it on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the oil starts separating, stirring occasionally.
- When the oil starts separating, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and amchoor powder and mix well and fry for a minute.
- Add Kashmiri red chilli powder and gram flour (besan) and mix well. Fry it well on a medium flame for 2 - 3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Turn down the heat to low. Add 3 tablespoon of curd and mix well and fry for about 2-3 minutes on low flame while stirring continuously.
- Add onion and mix well. Add garam masala and kasoori methi and mix well. Add some ginger julienne and green chili and mix well. Add asafoetida and mix well.
- Add water, cover the wok and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes open the wok and mix well, check if the onions have become soft if not covered and cook for another 2 minutes.
- The delicious pyaz ki sabzi is ready to be served. Serve delicious onion masala with roti or rice at lunch or dinner.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Besan Chilla CurryChilla curry or chille ki sabzi is a very tasty curry dish made from spicy gram flour pancake or chilla, this dish is very delicious and much famous in India especially in North India. This curry dish...
Besan Chilla CurryA spicy pancakes or chilla made with gram flour is very famous in India especially in North India and a delicious curry or sabzi made from this chilla is much famous and finger licking curry dish from...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...