How to Make Pyaz Ki Sabzi
Recipe of Pyaz Ki Sabzi
Pyaz ki sabzi or Whole onion masala is delicious and very popular in Rajasthan, the delicious pyaz ki sabzi is cooked in a different way. Pyaz ki sabzi is also known as stuffed onion and this sabzi tastes so much deicious. In the summer season when the food does not taste much due to the heat, you must try this Rajasthani vegetarian dish made of whole onions, which will not only protect you from the scorching heat of the summer but will also give you delicious taste. Pyaz ki sabzi is not only an easy dish, but it also has a great taste and can be served with ROTI or rice along with RAITA at lunch or dinner. Follow the recipe of Pyaz Ki Sabzi and make delicious dish at your home and enjoy.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 2 Likes
pyaz ki sabzi Ingredients
|Small Medium Sized Onions||400 - 500 Grams||Green Chilli, Slit||2 - 3|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium||Ginger||1 Inch|
|Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon||Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard Seeds (Rai)||1 Teaspoon||Fenugreek seeds (Methi Dana)||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Fennel Seeds (Saunf)||1/2 Teaspoon||Salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Dry Mango Powder (Amchoor)||1 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Gram Flour (Besan)||1 Teaspoon|
|Curd||3 Tablespoon||Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi)||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Ginger Julienne|
|Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch||Water||As Required|
Direction To Make
- Peel the onion and make a cross cut to divide it into 4 parts but do not cut it completely, the onion should be uncut from the bottom.
Note: If onions are slightly larger then make the cross cut to divide into 6 parts.
- Add roughly chopped tomatoes and ginger to the mixer grinder and grind to make a fine puree.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of ghee or oil in a wok on medium heat. When the ghee becomes hot, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds (Rai), fenugreek seeds and fennel seeds.
- When it starts crackling, add tomato puree and salt and mix well.
- Cook it on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the oil starts separating, stirring occasionally.
- When the oil starts separating, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and amchoor powder and mix well and fry for a minute.
- Add Kashmiri red chilli powder and gram flour (besan) and mix well. Fry it well on a medium flame for 2 - 3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Turn down the heat to low. Add 3 tablespoon of curd and mix well and fry for about 2-3 minutes on low flame while stirring continuously.
- Add onion and mix well. Now add garam masala and kasoori methi and mix well. Add some ginger julienne and green chili and mix well. Add asafoetida and mix well.
- Then add water, cover the wok and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes open the wok and mix well, check if the onions have become soft if not covered and cook for another 2 minutes.
- The delicious pyaz ki sabzi is ready to be served. Serve delicious onion masala with roti or rice at lunch or dinner.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious pyaz ki sabzi
Delicious Paneer DosaGetting bored with regular plain dosa? Try this recipe of delicious paneer dosa!If so, I have brought one of the new recipes with a dosa combination that will be an excellent recipe for you to try. I...
Chole BhatureChole Bhature is the most favorite food of North India.Bhature: Bhature is a puffed classic Indian bread that is always served with chole (chickpea). Bhature is deep fried bread and is made with flour...
Cheese PizzaCheese Pizza is a delicious Italian dish, with a flat round base made from refined flour (maida) or whole wheat flour, which is baked with cheese and some various vegetables such as mushrooms, etc. a...
DhoklaDhokla is a pure vegetarian and delicious Gujarati snacks, which is also famous as Khaman Dhokla. Now this delicious snack is popular not only in Gujarat but also in some other states of India. Some...
Sweet Corn Delicious...Sweet Corn Soup is a thick and creamy soup made with fresh corn kernels, corn cream and a bit of carrot and cabbage to enhance the flavor. White pepper powder complements the deliciousness the corn. a...