Punjabi Dum Aloo
Punjabi Dum Aloo
Dum Aloo is one of the delicious and most favorite potato dishes of India. punjabi dum aloo is the most preferred dum aloo in punjabi style in North Indian. This delicious dish is very easy to make at home, especially when you have some sudden guests at home and you do not have much time and vegetables to cook. To make delicious Punjabi Dum Aloo as its main ingredient, only baby potatoes and curd are required, which is always available in Indian kitchens. Following this easy and detailed recipe of Dum Aloo, you can easily make mouthwatering Dum Aloo in Punjabi style with Baby Potato in curd Gravy at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 35 Minutes
- Meal Type :
punjabi dum aloo Ingredients
Ingredients of punjabi dum aloo
|Baby Potatoes||12 - 15||Sliced Onion||1 large|
|Beaten Curd||1 1/2 Cup||Bay Leaf||1|
|Black Cardamom||2||Cinnamon||1 Small Stick|
|Cumin||2 Teaspoon||Ginger, Grated||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Cashew Nut Paste||4 Tablespoon||Garlic, Crushed||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Green Cardamom||4||Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi)||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Green Chilli, Finely Chopped||1||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Ghee or Oil||To Deep Fry + 3 Tablespoon||Water||As needed|
|sugar||1/2 Teaspoon||Fresh Cream||1 Tablespoon|
- Peel the baby potatoes and wash them to clean. prick the peeled potatoes using a fork.
- Heat the ghee or oil in a pan to deep fry the potatoes. When the ghee becomes hot, add the peeled potatoes to it for frying. Fry them over medium heat till the potatoes turn golden brown.
- Take them out of the ghee and transfer to a plate on kitchen tissue paper to absorb excess ghee.
- Put 3 tablespoons of ghee in the pan and heat it on medium heat. When it gets hot, add bay leaf, black cardamom, green cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, cumin, chopped onion and mix well. Fry it till the onion turns brown, stir continuously.
- Add grated ginger, crushed garlic and small amounts of water (about 1-2 tablespoons) and mix well. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder and chopped green chillies and mix well. Increase the heat and add the beaten curd and let it boil while stirring continuously.
- When it boils, add salt and mix well. When the ghee comes out on the surface, it means that the masala has been cooked. Turn off the gas.
- Discard the bay leaf from it. Transfer it to the grinder and grind it to make a smooth puree. Add some water (about 1 cup) and sieve with a sieve the puree. You will get a nice smooth puree from the sieve.
- Boil it again on high heat, stirring occasionally. Add cashew paste to it (if the paste is too thick add some water to the cashew paste, otherwise the lump will form) and mix well.
- Keep boiling on high heat. When the gravy starts boiling add fried baby potatoes and mix well. Reduce heat and cook it on medium heat. Add fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi), sugar and fresh cream and mix well. Cook it for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Punjabi Dum Aloo is ready. Transfer it to the serving bowl. Serve hot Punjabi Dum Aloo in your lunch or dinner.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Dahi Ke Kebab | Dahi ke...Dahi kebabs are a soft, delicious and popular snack that you can enjoy with your family and friends at any special occasions like kitty party, birthday or other parties at your home. The kebab is so a...
Vegetarian Hot DogA vegetarian hot dog is a hot dog made from pure vegetarian products and does not use any type of meat. Hot dog stuffing is usually made with soy chunks, onions, peas, potatoes, cheese, or some other...
Paneer Do PyazaPaneer do Pyaja is a delicious curry dish from India made from paneer. It is a delicious dish and this dish has a good amount of onion with paneer as the main ingredient. To make delicious paneer do...
Veg Seekh KababSeekh kebabs are a delicious dish but famous as a non-veg dish made from minced meat (mutton or chicken) and cooked in a barbecue, tandoor or oven. Vegetarian kebabs made with different varieties and...
Chole BhatureChole Bhature is the most favorite food of North India.Bhature: Bhature is a puffed classic Indian bread that is always served with chole (chickpea). Bhature is deep fried bread and is made with flour...