Punjabi Dum Aloo
Punjabi Dum Aloo
Dum Aloo is one of the delicious and most favorite potato dishes of India. punjabi dum aloo is the most preferred dum aloo in punjabi style in North Indian. This delicious dish is very easy to make at home, especially when you have some sudden guests at home and you do not have much time and vegetables to cook. To make delicious Punjabi Dum Aloo as its main ingredient, only baby potatoes and curd are required, which is always available in Indian kitchens. Following this easy and detailed recipe of Dum Aloo, you can easily make mouthwatering Dum Aloo in Punjabi style with Baby Potato in curd Gravy at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 35 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Baby Potatoes||12 - 15||Sliced Onion||1 large|
|Beaten Curd||1 1/2 Cup||Bay Leaf||1|
|Black Cardamom||2||Cinnamon||1 Small Stick|
|Cumin||2 Teaspoon||Ginger, Grated||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Cashew Nut Paste||4 Tablespoon||Garlic, Crushed||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Green Cardamom||4||Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi)||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Green Chilli, Finely Chopped||1||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Ghee or Oil||To Deep Fry + 3 Tablespoon||Water||As needed|
|sugar||1/2 Teaspoon||Fresh Cream||1 Tablespoon|
- Peel the baby potatoes and wash them to clean. prick the peeled potatoes using a fork.
- Heat the ghee or oil in a pan to deep fry the potatoes. When the ghee becomes hot, add the peeled potatoes to it for frying. Fry them over medium heat till the potatoes turn golden brown.
- Take them out of the ghee and transfer to a plate on kitchen tissue paper to absorb excess ghee.
- Put 3 tablespoons of ghee in the pan and heat it on medium heat. When it gets hot, add bay leaf, black cardamom, green cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, cumin, chopped onion and mix well. Fry it till the onion turns brown, stir continuously.
- Add grated ginger, crushed garlic and small amounts of water (about 1-2 tablespoons) and mix well. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder and chopped green chillies and mix well. Increase the heat and add the beaten curd and let it boil while stirring continuously.
- When it boils, add salt and mix well. When the ghee comes out on the surface, it means that the masala has been cooked. Turn off the gas.
- Discard the bay leaf from it. Transfer it to the grinder and grind it to make a smooth puree. Add some water (about 1 cup) and sieve with a sieve the puree. You will get a nice smooth puree from the sieve.
- Boil it again on high heat, stirring occasionally. Add cashew paste to it (if the paste is too thick add some water to the cashew paste, otherwise the lump will form) and mix well.
- Keep boiling on high heat. When the gravy starts boiling add fried baby potatoes and mix well. Reduce heat and cook it on medium heat. Add fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi), sugar and fresh cream and mix well. Cook it for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Punjabi Dum Aloo is ready. Transfer it to the serving bowl. Serve hot Punjabi Dum Aloo in your lunch or dinner.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Besan Chilla CurryChilla curry or chille ki sabzi is a very tasty curry dish made from spicy gram flour pancake or chilla, this dish is very delicious and much famous in India especially in North India. This curry dish...
Besan Chilla CurryA spicy pancakes or chilla made with gram flour is very famous in India especially in North India and a delicious curry or sabzi made from this chilla is much famous and finger licking curry dish from...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...