How To Make Plain Dosa or Paper Dosa
Recipe of Plain or Paper Dosa
Dosa is a thin and crispy South Indian delicious and healthy dish made of rice and urad dhuli dal (black lentil without husk), which is usually served with vegetable sambar and coconut chutney. This popular & healthy dish is not just only easy to prepare, but also healthy. A well-prepared batter for dosa is the main key for the better taste of crispy and tasty dosa. Dosa batter is very easy to prepare - first the rice and lentils are grinded separately to make a smooth batter and then it is mixed and the mixture is allowed to ferment overnight. This easy and detailed recipe of plain dosa or paper dosa from scratch teaches you how to cook plain dosa at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 14 Hour
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
plain dosa Ingredients
|Parboiled Rice (Idli Dosa Rice)||3/4 Cup||Regular Rice||3/4 Cup|
|Black Split Lentils without husk (Urad dhuli Dal)||1/2 Cup||Fenugreek Seeds (methi dana)||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Gram Lentils (Channa Dal)||1/2 Tablespoon||Salt||1/4 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste|
|Ghee Or Oil||For Shallow Fry||Water||As Required|
Direction To Make
let's start the recipe of delicious plain or paper dosa.
Prepare Dosa Batter
- Soak both rice (regular rice and regular rice) together for about 3 - 4 hours in 2 - 3 cups of water. Then rub the rice between your palm to wash the rice and drain the water completely. Rub and wash the rice 2-3 times and drain water completely.
- Soak both the lentils (urad dal and chana dal) and fenugreak seeds in 1 cup of water after mixing them for about 4-5 hours. Drain all the water completely.
- Pour both the soaked lentils and fenugreek seeds into the grinder and grind to make a smooth and fluffy mixture. Add some water if necessary. Do not add too much water because excess water can make the batter too watery. Transfer the smooth batter of lentils to a bowl.
- Similarly, grind both the rice together and make a smooth solution. Add some water if necessary. Rice solution is not as smooth as lentils, it is slightly grainy.
- Transfer the rice batter to the same bowl that contains the lentils batter.
- Add salt to the batter and mix well. You can use an electric beater to mix them well. Dosa batter should not be too thick nor too much watery. If you find that the batter is too thick, add 1 - 2 tablespoon of water.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and leave it to fermentation in a warm place overnight or for about 12 hours.
- The amount of batter will increase during fermentation. Some bubbles are on the surface when you shake it with a spoon. If you find the batter too thick, add a few tablespoons of water to it, and mix well until the batter is smooth.
- Heat the non-stick tawa (griddle) or dosa tawa on medium heat. When the tawa is hot enough, sprinkle few water over it with your hand and wipe it with clean & wet cloth. Spraying the water on tawa prevents your dosa from sticking to the surface of the dosa tawa. Pour 1/2 teaspoon of ghee or oil over the dosa tawa.
- Take a ladleful batter and put it in the center of the dosa tava, spread the batter in a thin layer by turning the ladle back clockwise over the batter and make a circle of about 8 inches in diameter.
- Apply ghee on the dosa using a brush over the tawa. Cook it for about 2 minutes or until it becomes light brown and edges begin to rise from the tawa.
- To make the roll, gently fold the crispy dosa from one edge. Transfer the crispy dosa to the plate.
- Crispy and delicious plain dosa is ready to be served. Serve delicious and healthy dosa with sambar and coconut chutney.
- Likewise make all the dosa.
Get the video recipe of Crispy Paper Dosa With Batter.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious plain dosa
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Vegetarian a...
Ragda PatticeRagda pattice is a delicious street food in India and is very popular in the states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. Delicious Ragda pattice is similar to another street food "tikki chole" which is very in...
Papdi ChaatPapdi Chaat is a delicious street food, which is very popular in India, especially in North India. There are many delicious varieties of sweet, sour and spicy chaat in Indian street food, which have...
Paneer PakoraPaneer Pakora is a delicious and crispy deep-fried snack made of gram flour and soft paneer and very popular in North India. Coat a thick batter of gram flour on top of the paneer chunks and deep fry...
Sweet Corn SoupA thick sweet corn soup created with corn cream, fresh corn kernels and little bit of cabbage and carrot to add more flavor. White chilli powder complements the corn's delicious sweetness. This Sweet...