How To Make Pav Bhaji
Pav Bhaji Recipe
Pav Bhaji is a delicious and popular street food that is easy to make. In this dish, vegetables are cooked with various spices known as bhaji. Bhaji is cooked in butter to make delicious spicy vegetables (bhaji). Pav Bhaji Masala gives a unique taste and consistency while the varieties of vegetables makes it healthy. It is a delicious snack served at a party because you can make it in advance and it is the favorite snack of all specially children and also you can make it easily at home. You can easily make delicious pav bhaji at home for your guests and family using this simple recipe.
Pav Bhaji is a popular street food dish from Maharashtra, India, that consists of a spicy and flavorful vegetable curry (bhaji) served with soft buttered buns (pav). It is a delicious and satisfying dish enjoyed by people of all ages.
To make pav bhaji, mix vegetables like potatoes, tomatoes, peas, capsicum and cauliflower is cooked till it becomes soft. The vegetables are mashed and then spices like turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala and pav bhaji masala are added. The bhaji is cooked on a tawa or flat pan with butter, which gives it a rich and delicious flavor.
The pav, which are soft buns, are slit open and toasted on a tawa with butter till golden and crisp. Pav is served with bhaji, allowing people to enjoy their meal by dipping the bread into the delicious curry.
Pav Bhaji is a popular street food and is often enjoyed as a hearty meal. It's perfect for casual gatherings, picnics, or as a quick and tasty snack. The combination of buttery pav and spicy, tangy vegetable curry makes pav bhaji a true culinary delight.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
pav bhaji Ingredients
|Potatoes (Finely Chopped)||2 Medium||Green Peas||1/2 Cup|
|Cauliflower (Finely Chopped)||3/4 Cup||Carrot (finely Chopped)||1/2 Cup|
|Onion (finely Chopped)||2 Small||Ginger Paste||Small Piece|
|Garlic Crushed||3 - 4 Clove||Tomato (Finely Chopped)||2 Medium|
|Capsicum Finely Chopped||1/2 Cup||Red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Cumin Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon||Pav Bhaji Masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Chaat Masala||1 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste|
|Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon||Butter||2 Tablespoon + For Serving|
|Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped||For Garnish||Pav Buns||8 Pc|
Direction To Make
- Wash and finely chopped all the vegetables mentioned in the above list.
- Pour the chopped vegetables (potatoes, green peas, cauliflower and carrots) to the pressure cooker. Add a 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 cup water to it.
- switch on the gas and set the heat to medium. Close the lid of the cooker and allow it to cook under pressure for 2 whistles. Turn off the gas and allow it to cool for about 5-7 minutes. So that all the pressure goes away on its own.
- Open the lid of the pressure cooker and thoroughly mash all the boiled vegetables. You can use vegetables according to your choice. The texture of bhaji will depend on how well you mash the vegetables.
- Take a pan and add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons ghee or oil to it. Heat it on medium heat. When the butter will melt and the mixture becomes hot enough. Add chopped onion, ginger paste and crushed garlic to it. Fry it till the onion turn translucent.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, capsicum and 1/4 teaspoon salt to it. Fry it till the tomatoes and capsicum become soft.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, chaat masala and pav bhaji masala.
- Fry it for one minute while stirring continuously. Add 3/4 cup water and mix well. Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled mashed vegetables to it and mix well. Cook it for 4-5 minutes. Bhaji is ready, taste bhaji for salt and other spices, add salt or spices if required according to your taste and mix well. Turn off the heat and garnish the bhaji with coriander leaves. Bhaji is ready to be served.
Roasting Pav and Assemble
- Cut the bread buns in the middle so that they are connected to the other side. Pour 1 tablespoon of butter over the griddle and roast the pav on top of it until it turns light brown from both sides. Place the roasted pav in a plate and fry the remaining pav in the similar manner.
- Serve the hot pav with delicious bhaji.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious pav bhaji
Crispy Veg NuggetsCrispy Veg Nuggets is a delicious vegetarian nuggets made with vegetable mixes with potatoes coated with breadcrumbs or crushed poha and deep-fried until crispy. Nuggets are mainly known as Chicken is...
Bread RollBread roll is a delicious and popular snack in India, the delicious snack is easy to make at home, if you already boil potatoes you can prepare the delicious snack in about 25 minutes. The process of...
Gravy Veg ManchurianVegetarian gravy Manchurian is deep-fried balls made from mixed vegetable poured into a sweet, sour and spicy gravy. This gravy Manchurian is very tasty to eat with plain rice, boiled rice, fried rice...
Masala MacaroniMasala macaroni is a delicious and mouth watering pasta recipe, cooked in Indian style with spices. Macaroni can be eaten at any time of the day, whether it is a light brunch, lunch, or even a quick a...
DhoklaDhokla is a pure vegetarian dish from the state of Gujarat, India also known as Khaman Dhokla. Now this dish is very popular in other states also. For those who suspect that dhokla is not good for it...