How to Make Paneer Pasanda
Paneer Pasanda Recipe
A Delicious Paneer Recipe Paneer Pasanda is a priceless pearl in the crown of the paneer recipes. Paneer pasanda is the most delicious recipe of fried stuffed paneer sandwich, cooked in less spicy, creamy, rich and smooth tomato gravy. This easy recipe of paneer, first make paneer stuffed sandwiches and shallow fry the paneer sandwiches and make rich and creamy gravy from tomatoes with fresh cream and then cook the paneer sandwiches in that gravy. Serve hot paneer pasanda with roti, aloo paratha, butter naan or plain rice or pulao.
Paneer Pasanda is a rich, healthy and delicious vegetarian dish from North India. The dish is made with paneer (cottage cheese), stuffed with a mixture of spiced nuts and paneer and cooked in a creamy and aromatic tomato-based gravy. The dish is popular for its rich and aromatic flavors which are derived from the spices, cream and fresh herbs used to make it.
To make paneer pasanda, paneer slices are first stuffed with a mixture of chopped nuts, crushed paneer and spices and then shallow fried until golden brown. A thick and flavourful gravy is made from a mixture of tomatoes, onions, ginger, garlic and spices in a pan. The paneer slices are simmered in the gravy for a few minutes till they are well coated and the flavors meld well.
Paneer pasanda can be served with naan, roti or rice. It is a delicious and flavourful dish which is perfect for any special occasion, a perfect treat for your taste buds. The combination of crunchy nuts, creamy paneer and aromatic spices makes paneer pasanda a true delight for anyone who loves Indian cuisine.
- Preparation Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
paneer pasanda Ingredients
|Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
|Corn Flour / Arrarot
|Mixture of Cashew Nut, Almonds and Pistachio, Finely Chopped
|Ghee or Oil
|1 Cup (200 Grams)
|Ghee or Oil
|2 - 3 Tablespoon
|Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi)
|Red Chilli Powder
|1/3 Teaspoon or As Per Taste
|1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste
Direction To Make
- Cut the paneer into 1/2 inch thick and about 1 1/2 * 1 1/2 inch square. Cut these paneer pieces again diagonally into triangle shapes.
- Now you have paneer triangles and some small paneer pieces may be leftover from cutting. Keep these small pieces of paneer to use for stuffing.
- Finely chop cashews, almonds and pistachios.
- To make the stuffing, take the leftover pieces in a bowl and mashed it. Add chopped cashews, almonds, pistachios, grated ginger, salt, raisins and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Stuffing is ready.
- Gradually add water to make a thick paste of arrarot or corn flour. Add a pinch of salt and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps in the paste.
- Cut the triangular pieces of paneer in such a way that the corner of the piece remains uncut and the rest is like 2 triangular slices. Now fill the stuffing completely and press it slightly.
- In this way make all the remaining paneer sandwiches.
- Heat a little ghee or oil to fry them. When the ghee gets hot enough. Coat well the stuffed paneer sandwiches in corn flour and place in hot ghee to fry gently. Fry them till they are light brown from the bottom, flip them to fry from the other side till light brown.
- Likewise fry all the paneer sandwiches. Set them aside for later use.
Make Gravy & Paneer Pasanda
- Cut green chillies, tomatoes and remaining stuffing into a grinder and grind them to make fine and smooth puree.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee or oil in a pan. When the ghee gets hot, add cumin seeds, dry fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi), asafetida (hing), coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and ginger paste and fry a little while stirring.
- Add tomato puree, mix well and fry on a medium flame while stirring continuously until ghee comes to the surface.
- Add fresh cream and mix well. Cook on medium heat and allow it to boil while stirring continuously. The boiling process will take about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water to it and mix well. Add garam masala, salt and coriander leaves and mix well. Let it boil again, stirring continuously.
- When the gravy boils, add the fried paneer sandwich and mix gently. Turn off the gas, cover the pan and let the paneer sandwich rest in the gravy for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, pour the paneer pasanda into the serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Paneer pasanda is ready. Enjoy delicious paneer pasanda with roti, aloo paratha, butter naan or plain rice or pulao at your lunch or dinner.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious paneer pasanda
Dahi Bhalla (Dahi Vada)Dahi Bhalla or Dahi Vada is a delicious Indian street food especially in North India. The dish is so popular that it does not require any introduction and is so soft and delicious that no one will to...
Soy MilkSoy foods and soy milk has a good source of minerals, carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and other nutrients. One can consume soy milk instead of dairy milk, although soy milk is equivalent to dairy it...
Matar Paneer PulaoRice is a favorite and staple food for lunch or dinner in many places in India and a variety of delicious dishes of rice are made. Pulao is a delicious and favorite dish made of rice in India. There a...
Gulkand GujiyaHoli festival is not only a festival of colors but also a festival of delicious food. On this festival people start making delicious Gujiya in advance. You must have eaten mava Gujiya on this but we a...
Apple PieA delicious pie filled with sliced or chopped apple as a main filling ingredient is famous as Apple pie. This delicious dish is like a cake with sliced or chopped apple stuffing. It tastes like a...