How To Make Nargisi Kofta
Recipe of Nargisi Kofta | Egg Chicken Kofta
Nargisi Kofta is a rich and exotic Mughlai recipe, the dish is made with a combination of keema (minced chicken, minced mutton or minced lamb) and boiled eggs. In this nargisi kofta recipe hard boiled eggs are wrapped in marinated minced meat and fried to make kofta, then these koftas are cook with a rich and spicy curd gravy called Nargisi Kofta Curry. Delicious Nargisi Kofta can be served with Boondi Raita with Biryani, Pulao, Roti or Lachha Paratha for parties or weekend dinner or lunch.
Recipe of Nargisi Kofta is very tempting and mouth watering!!! The word Nargisi comes from 'Narcissus', a beautiful winter flowers with white petals and a yellow center. When we cut Nargisi Kofta from the middle it looks like a flower.
We are sharing with you the recipe of Nargisi Kofta which is made using boiled eggs wrapped with minced chicken and cooked in a delicious creamy gravy of tomatoes and curd. Follow this Nargisi Kofta recipe and make this delicious dish Nargisi Kofte easily at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
nargisi kofta Ingredients
|Chicken, Minced||1/2 KG||Eggs||8|
|Onion||1 Medium||Ginger Garlic Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Green Chillies||4 - 5 or As Per Taste||Coriander Leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Desi Ghee, Butter or Oil||2 Tablespoon, Melted||Roasted Cumin Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli Flakes||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Black Pepper Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Garam Masala Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Roasted Chickpeas Flour||1/3 Cup|
|Ghee or Oil||To Fry|
|Tomatoes||2 Large||Onion||2 Medium|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 Tablespoon||Fresh Curd||1/2 Cup (100 Gms)|
|Cashews||15||Green Chilli||2 - 3 or As Per Taste|
|Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Coriander Powder||2 Teaspoon||Salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1 Teaspoon||Garam Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Green Cardamom||3 - 4||Cloves||3 - 4|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Water||As Required|
Direction To Make
Let's start the recipe of Nargisi Kofta.
- Boil eggs and keep aside.
- Make flour by grinding roasted chickoeas.
- If you don't have minced chicken, you can cut the boneless chicken into small pieces and grind it.
- Make a puree by grinding 2 tomato and keep it aside to use in the gravy.
- make the paste of cashewnut and green chilli and keep it aside to use in the gravy.
- Cut onions (2+1) into thin slices and deep fry them till they become golden brown and crispy to make birista and keep aside.
Making of Kofta
- Peel the boiled eggs.
- Put in the minced chicken blending jar, add Desi Ghee, Coriander Leaves, Ginger Garlic Paste, Onion Birista (1 Onion), Green Chillies, Roasted Cumin Powder, Turmeric Powder, Black Pepper Powder, Chilli Flakes, Garam Masala, Coriander Powder, salt, chaat masala and roasted chickpea flour and grind them well.
- The soft mixture for wrapping the eggs is ready. Wet your hand a little.
- Take a large portion of the mixture in your hand and flatten it as much as possible on your hand.
- Place a boiled egg over it and wrap the egg well with the mixture, if necessary take a little more mixture and make a raw kofta.
- Keep the koftas aside in a plate. Make the remaining koftas in the same way.
- If you have some minced mixture left and there is no egg left, then you can make koftas without eggs by giving them the shape of a ball.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan on medium heat, when the ghee becomes hot enough, then carefully add the raw koftas one by one.
- Fry all the koftas until they turn golden brown from all sides.
- Put 1/2 cup ghee in a vessel and heat it. You can use the same ghee or oil that you use for frying the koftas.
- When the ghee is hot, add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute while stirring continuously.
- Add all the dry spices for the gravy like Kashmiri red chili powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt, roasted cumin powder, garam masala, green cardamom, cloves and chaat masala and some water. Fry for 3-4 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add fresh curd and tomatoes and fry them till the water dries up and oil starts coming to the surface.
- Add cashew paste, chilli paste and onion barista (you can make onion barista paste) and fry well on medium high flame.
- Now add about 1 1/2 cups of water and mix well. Add fried koftas to it and let it boil on medium high flame. Once it starts boiling, reduce the flame, cover the vessel and let it cook on low flame for about 20 minutes. While stirring occasionally.
- Nargis koftas are ready. Take the delicious Nargisi kofta out in a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve delicious Nargis Kofta with roti, biryani or pulao in your lunch or dinner.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious nargisi kofta
Fish CurryFish is the most favorite seafood all over the world and fish curry is the most famous and delicious dish which is very easy to make at home. There are many fish recipe available but fish curry is a a...
Chicken Frankie RollChicken Frankie Roll or Chicken Frankie or Chicken Roll is a stuffed roti filled with a mixture of eggs and chicken. Delicious Chicken Frankie is very famous Indian street food which is liked by as as...
Mutton Stock For Wazwan...Mutton stock is the delicious mutton bone extract that is used as the base for many soups, sauces and other recipes. Mutton stock is also known as mutton broth. Mutton Stock Recipe for Wazwan dishes....
Butter ChickenButter Chicken, also known as Murgh Makhani, is a delicious Indian dish made from chicken in a less spicy tomato gravy. Dish butter chicken is very famous in India and many other countries. To make is...
Chicken 65 RecipeChicken 65 is a hot and spicy starter dish, very popular in India especially in South India. Here is the perfect recipe of chicken 65 in the perfect restaurant style.If you like to eat chicken then 65...