How To Make Special Mutton Korma
Mutton Korma Recipe
Korma is a delicious and famous Mughlai Indian dish in which mutton is slowly cooked with a gravy of fresh curd with spices. In North India, this delicious mutton korma is made using ingredients like fresh curd, desi ghee (refined butter), onions and spices, resulting in mutton korma with a thick and delicious gravy. Fried onions also known as birista gives a special flavor to mutton korma with curd gravy. Easy Mutton Korma Recipe made with thick curd. It is a slow-cooked Indian delicious mutton korma curry consisting of soft and juicy pieces of meat. You can serve this delicious mutton korma with chapati, naan, paratha or basmati rice.
- Preparation Time :
- 2 Hour 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 45 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
mutton korma Ingredients
|Fresh Mutton||500 Gms||Green Cardamoms (Elaichi)||6 Pc|
|Cinnamon (Dalchini)||Approx 10 Gm or 2 Inch||Cloves (Laung)||4 - 6 Pc|
|Black Cardamoms (Badi Elaichi)||2||Green Chilli Paste||1 - 2|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon or Acc. to Taste||Coriander (Daniya) Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric (Haldi) Powder - optional||1/4 Teaspoon||Black Pepper Lightly Crushed||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1/4 Teaspoon or Acc, to Taste||Ginger Garlic Fresh Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Thick Curd||1 Cup|
|Onion Finely Sliced||3 Medium||Oil or Ghee||To Fry|
|Ghee Or Oil||3 Tablespoon||Strand Mace (Javithri)||1|
|Nutmeg (Jaiphal) Powder||A Pinch||Water||2 Cup and More if needed|
|Kewra Water (optional)||1 Teaspoon||Green Cardamom powder||1/4 Teaspoon (If Kewra not available)|
Direction To Make
Let's start Mutton Korma Recipe.
- Wash and clean the mutton thoroughly. Take large bowls and put the mutton in bowl for marination. Add cinnamon, Green cardamom, black cardamom, black pepper and cloves to the mutton. Add all other spice powders - coriander powder, red chilli powder, green chilli paste, turmeric, salt with thick curd.
- Mix all the spices with the mutton and cover. Keep it in the fridge overnight or for at least 2 hours. Longer time to marinate mutton is better. Usually leave it for marinate in the fridge for entire night for better results.
Cooking Mutton Korma
- Take out the mutton from fridge and put ghee over the marinated mutton and mix it. Start frying on medium heat for approx 10 minutes in a big wok. By this time, the marinated mutton flows as the curd and mutton drain the water. cover the wok and cook it on medium heat for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry the sliced onions in the oil with continuously stirring until they become golden and crisp. Take out the fried onions and keep them on the tissue paper to cool. Cool them completely and put in a blender. Blend it to make coarse powder, do not blend much as they begin to release oil.
- After cooking the mutton for about 30 minutes, add this coarse powder of fried onion. Add 2 cups of water in it. Cover the wok and cook until the mutton becomes slightly soft, stir occasionally. It may take about an hour or more to become mutton soft.
- At this stage when the mutton becomes soft add strand mace and nutmeg. Continue cooking until the mutton becomes soft and juicy and falls easily from the bone. At this stage add kewra water or green cardamom powder. Mix it well and turn off the heat. Cover the mutton korma and allow it to rest for at least an hour so that the mutton will soak up the flavors.
- Delicious Mutton Korma is ready. Serve it with chappti, roti, naan, paratha or basmati rice.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 1.04 : 0.03 : 0.02 : 0.01 : 0.0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious mutn korma
Fish CurryFish is the most favorite seafood all over the world and fish curry is the most famous and delicious dish which is very easy to make at home. There are many fish recipe available but fish curry is a a...
Chicken Ghee RoastChicken Ghee Roast is a delicious and most popular Mangalorean Chicken dish. The dish is a spicy delicious chicken dish in which the chicken is roasted in desi ghee (clarified butter) with spices. is...
Chicken BiryaniBiryani is a wonderful royal dish made of rice, which is a delicious dish, this delicious dish is introduced by the Mughals to the Indians. Vegetarian Biryani can be made with rice and soy chunks and...
Mutton Stock For Wazwan...Mutton stock is the delicious mutton bone extract that is used as the base for many soups, sauces and other recipes. Mutton stock is also known as mutton broth. Mutton Stock Recipe for Wazwan dishes....
Chicken 65Chicken 65 is a deep fried and spicy chicken starter dish, which is very popular in India especially in South India. Perfect Chicken 65 Recipe in Restaurant Style. If you are fond of eating chicken 65...