Mutton Curry or Mutton Masala Gravy. Delicious mutton curry in Indian style made from soft and tender pieces of mutton with delicious spicy onion tomato gravy. Mutton curry is so delicious soft, tender and succulent at the restaurant, you can also make that delicious mutton curry at your home. This recipe will teach you how to make this delicious mutton curry with the basic ingredients available in your kitchen.
- Preparation Time :
- 4 Hour 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
|Mutton||300 Gram Boneless or 500 Gram With Bone||Curd||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic Paste||3/4 Teaspoon||Ginger Paste||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder||3/4 Teaspoon|
For Mutton Curry
|Ghee||2 Tablespoon||Green Cardamom||2|
|Cinnamon||Small Piece About 1 Inch||Onion, Finely Chopped||1 Cup|
|Tomato Paste||1/2 Cup||Green Chillies, Slit Lengthwise||1 - 2|
|Meat Masala||2 Teaspoon||Water||As Needed|
|Salt||If Required As Per Taste||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Bay Leaf||1||Coriander Leaves||2 Tablespoon For Garnish|
- Wash the mutton pieces in a large bowl. Add ingredients to marinate such as curd, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder and Kashmiri red chilli powder and mix well so that the mutton will coat well with curd and spices.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and keep the mutton in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or you can keep it overnight because the longer the time you give the marination, the more soft and tender mutton you will get.
- Take the mutton out of the refrigerator and keep it at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cooking.
Curry For Mutton
- Make the paste from tomatoes by grinding them in grinder.
- Heat the ghee in a large pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot, add bay leaves, cinnamon and green cardamom and stir well. Cook it for about 2 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add onion and green chillies and cook on medium heat until the onion becomes translucent while stirring.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add marinated mutton and fry it for about 5 - 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook it for about 10 minutes until moisture comes out of it, stirring occasionally to avoid burning. Add meat masala and chaat masala and saute for 2-3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add tomato paste to it and fry it till the raw aroma of tomato is gone. This process will take about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium. If you like cooking in a pressure cooker, transfer the mutton with the spices to the pressure cooker or you can cook in the same pan. Add water and mix well, as much as the curry you like.
- Cook it till the mutton becomes soft and soft, add more water if needed. If you are cooking mutton in a pressure cooker, cook it for 4 whistles and allow the cooker to release all the pressure automatically.
- Boil it with an open lid to the thickness of the gravy of your choice. Taste the gravy for spices add whatever salt or spice is necessary and mix well.
- Turn off the gas. Transfer the delicious mutton curry to a serving bowl. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Serve the hot mutton curry with roti or rice for your lunch or dinner.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
How to Make Chicken...Korma dishes are Mughlai dishes consisting of a delicious creamy gravy filled with curd, dry fruits, onions and spices. Korma dish can be vegetarian or non-vegetarian, non-vegetarian korma dish is of...
How to Make Chicken...korma recipe has a delicious gravy which is usually made with curd, dry fruits, onions and spices. Korma dish can be non-vegetarian or vegetarian, made from mutton, chicken or vegetables. This dish in...
Nargisi KoftaNargisi Kofta is a rich and exotic Mughlai recipe, the dish is made with a combination of keema (minced chicken, minced mutton or minced lamb) and boiled eggs. Hard boiled eggs are wrapped in minced a...
Nargisi KoftaNargisi Kofta is a rich Mughlai dish made of boiled eggs wrapped with minced meat (chicken, mutton or lamb) in creamy tomato curd gravy. To make koftas first boiled eggs are wrapped with spicy minced...
Fish CurryFish is one of the healthiest and most preferred seafood and fish curry is one of the delicious and most famous fish dish which can be easily made at home. Fish curry is not only an easy recipe but to...