Mutton Curry or Mutton Masala Gravy. Delicious mutton curry in Indian style made from soft and tender pieces of mutton with delicious spicy onion tomato gravy. Mutton curry is so delicious soft, tender and succulent at the restaurant, you can also make that delicious mutton curry at your home. This recipe will teach you how to make this delicious mutton curry with the basic ingredients available in your kitchen.
- Preparation Time :
- 4 Hour 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
|Mutton||300 Gram Boneless or 500 Gram With Bone||Curd||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic Paste||3/4 Teaspoon||Ginger Paste||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder||3/4 Teaspoon|
For Mutton Curry
|Ghee||2 Tablespoon||Green Cardamom||2|
|Cinnamon||Small Piece About 1 Inch||Onion, Finely Chopped||1 Cup|
|Tomato Paste||1/2 Cup||Green Chillies, Slit Lengthwise||1 - 2|
|Meat Masala||2 Teaspoon||Water||As Needed|
|Salt||If Required As Per Taste||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Bay Leaf||1||Coriander Leaves||2 Tablespoon For Garnish|
- Wash the mutton pieces in a large bowl. Add ingredients to marinate such as curd, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder and Kashmiri red chilli powder and mix well so that the mutton will coat well with curd and spices.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and keep the mutton in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or you can keep it overnight because the longer the time you give the marination, the more soft and tender mutton you will get.
- Take the mutton out of the refrigerator and keep it at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cooking.
Curry For Mutton
- Make the paste from tomatoes by grinding them in grinder.
- Heat the ghee in a large pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot, add bay leaves, cinnamon and green cardamom and stir well. Cook it for about 2 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add onion and green chillies and cook on medium heat until the onion becomes translucent while stirring.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add marinated mutton and fry it for about 5 - 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook it for about 10 minutes until moisture comes out of it, stirring occasionally to avoid burning. Add meat masala and chaat masala and saute for 2-3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add tomato paste to it and fry it till the raw aroma of tomato is gone. This process will take about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium. If you like cooking in a pressure cooker, transfer the mutton with the spices to the pressure cooker or you can cook in the same pan. Add water and mix well, as much as the curry you like.
- Cook it till the mutton becomes soft and soft, add more water if needed. If you are cooking mutton in a pressure cooker, cook it for 4 whistles and allow the cooker to release all the pressure automatically.
- Boil it with an open lid to the thickness of the gravy of your choice. Taste the gravy for spices add whatever salt or spice is necessary and mix well.
- Turn off the gas. Transfer the delicious mutton curry to a serving bowl. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Serve the hot mutton curry with roti or rice for your lunch or dinner.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Fried ChickenFried chicken is a delicious chicken snacks, in which the chicken pieces are coated with refined flour, then dipped in egg batter and again coated with refined flour and finely deep fried until it is...
Fried ChickenFried chicken is a crispy and delicious snack made by deep fried the seasoned chicken, to make delicious fried chicken, first the chicken pieces are marinated in buttermilk, then coat with refined and...
Amritsari Fish FryAmritsari fried fish is one of the most popular and delicious dishes. This is a hassle free and delicious snack that you can easily make for your guest at the party, you should try to make the fried ....
Amritsari Fish FryAmritsari fried fish is a delicious seafood. If you are looking for a delicious and hassle-free snack for the party, then you should try everyone's favorite Amritsari fried fish, which you can offer a...
Chicken Ghee RoastChicken Ghee Roast is a delicious dish from Mangalore in India. This dish is an ideal combination of chicken with spices which is roasted in desi ghee (clarified butter). It is a spicy and delicious a...