How To Make Mutton Curry Masala
Mutton Curry Masala Recipe
Mutton Curry or Mutton Masala Gravy is a popular and delicious dish made from goat meat. The dish has many variations with slightly different tastes and aromas. Delicious mutton curry in Indian style made from soft and tender pieces of mutton with delicious spicy onion tomato gravy. Mutton curry is so delicious soft, tender and succulent at the restaurant, you can also make that delicious mutton curry at your home. This recipe will teach you how to make this delicious mutton curry with the basic ingredients available in your kitchen.
Mutton curry is a popular dish in Indian cuisine made with soft goat meat cooked in a flavorful gravy. You can enjoy the delicious mutton curry with rice, naan, paratha or roti.
To make mutton curry, goat meat (mutton) is first marinated in a mixture of curd and spices like ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander and garam masala. Later this marinated meat is cooked in a pan with tomatoes, onions and other spices till the meat becomes soft and tender and the gravy thickens.
You can make mutton curry in a variety of styles, such as with hot spicy curry or mild spicy and creamy curry. it can also be made with bone-in or boneless mutton.
Mutton curry is a rich and flavorful dish that is perfect for family dinners any special occasions. It is loved by all non-vegetarians for its juicy and tender texture and delicious and flavorful gravy with nice aroma.
Overall, mutton curry is a delicious and hearty dish that is a staple food of Indian cuisine. It is a great lunch and dinner option to be enjoyed with rice, roti, paratha or butter naan.
- Preparation Time :
- 4 Hour 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
mutton curry Ingredients
|Mutton||300 Gram Boneless or 500 Gram With Bone||Curd||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic Paste||3/4 Teaspoon||Ginger Paste||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder||3/4 Teaspoon|
For Mutton Curry
|Ghee||2 Tablespoon||Green Cardamom||2|
|Cinnamon||Small Piece About 1 Inch||Onion, Finely Chopped||1 Cup|
|Tomato Paste||1/2 Cup||Green Chillies, Slit Lengthwise||1 - 2|
|Meat Masala||2 Teaspoon||Water||As Needed|
|Salt||If Required As Per Taste||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Bay Leaf||1||Coriander Leaves||2 Tablespoon For Garnish|
Direction To Make
Let's start the delicious mutton curry masala recipe.
- Wash the mutton pieces in a large bowl. Add ingredients to marinate such as curd, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder and Kashmiri red chilli powder and mix well so that the mutton will coat well with curd and spices.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and keep the mutton in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or you can keep it overnight because the longer the time you give the marination, the more soft and tender mutton you will get.
- Take the mutton out of the refrigerator and keep it at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cooking.
Curry For Mutton
- Make the paste from tomatoes by grinding them in grinder.
- Heat the ghee in a large pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot, add bay leaves, cinnamon and green cardamom and stir well. Cook it for about 2 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add onion and green chillies and cook on medium heat until the onion becomes translucent while stirring.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add marinated mutton and fry it for about 5 - 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook it for about 10 minutes until moisture comes out of it, stirring occasionally to avoid burning. Add meat masala and chaat masala and saute for 2-3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add tomato paste to it and fry it till the raw aroma of tomato is gone. This process will take about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium. If you like cooking in a pressure cooker, transfer the mutton with the spices to the pressure cooker or you can cook in the same pan. Add water and mix well, as much as the curry you like.
- Cook it till the mutton becomes soft and soft, add more water if needed. If you are cooking mutton in a pressure cooker, cook it for 4 whistles and allow the cooker to release all the pressure automatically.
- Boil it with an open lid to the thickness of the gravy of your choice. Taste the gravy for spices add whatever salt or spice is necessary and mix well.
- Turn off the gas. Transfer the delicious mutton curry to a serving bowl. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Serve the hot mutton curry with roti or rice for your lunch or dinner.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 2.04 : 0.03 : 0.02 : 0.01 : 0.0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious mutn curryLeander Fernandes
Looks amazing and delicious
How To Make Chicken...korma recipe has a delicious gravy which is usually made with curd, dry fruits, onions and spices. Korma dish can be non-vegetarian or vegetarian, made from mutton, chicken or vegetables. This dish in...
Fish CurryFish is the most favorite seafood all over the world and fish curry is the most famous and delicious dish which is very easy to make at home. There are many fish recipe available but fish curry is a a...
Amritsari Fish FryAmritsari fried fish is one of the most popular and delicious dishes. This is a hassle free and delicious snack that you can easily make for your guest at the party, you should try to make the fried a...
Butter ChickenButter Chicken, also known as Murgh Makhani, is a delicious Indian dish made from chicken in a less spicy tomato gravy. Dish butter chicken is very famous in India and many other countries. To make is...