How To Make Moong Dal Halwa
Recipe of Moong Dal Halwa
Moong Dal Halwa is a delicious dessert that is eaten during the winter season in North India, as it is a rich dessert and is believed that it keep your body warm and protect it from the effects of cold. The delicious dessert is considered auspicious, and is often made during festivals and weddings. Delicious Moong Dal Halwa is made from lots of ghee and yellow moong dal.
Moong Dal Halwa requires a lot of effort to make, but when it is ready you will get the real worth of your effort and the dessert is so soft and tasty that it melts in your mouth and your mouth fills with flavor and aroma. The halwa takes a lot of patience and long time to fry moong dal and make delicious halwa and also contains extra ghee in it. Follow the recipe and make delicious moong dal halwa at your home and enjoy.
- Preparation Time :
- 6 Hour 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
moong dal halwa Ingredients
|Ghee||1/4 Cup + 3 Tablespoon||Moong Dal||1 1/2 Cup|
|Milk||1 Cup||Saffron Water||2 Tablespoon|
|Green Cardamom Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Water||1 Cup|
|Sugar||1 Cup||Pistachio||For Garnish|
|Cashews||For Garnish||Almonds||For Garnish|
Direction To Make
- Soak moong dal for at least 6 hours or overnight. Then drain all the water and make a fine paste from the soaked moong dal in mixer grinder.
- Heat 1/4 cup ghee in a non-stick pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot, add moong dal paste to it and stir continuously otherwise lumps will form.
- Note : The main effort in this dessert is stirring continuously while frying the dal.
- Fry the dal till you get a good aroma of fried dal while stirring continuously.
- Add 2 tablespoons water and a pinch of saffron in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat water in another pan.
- Add 1 cup of milk in fry moong dal and mix well. Add saffron water to it and mix well. Fry it till the milk dries, while stirring continuous. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Increase the heat, add 1 cup of hot water and fry till the water dries, stirring continuously. Add 3 tablespoons ghee again and mix well.
- Fry for a few minutes and add sugar to it and mix well. Fry it till the ghee starts separate, while stirring continuously.
- Turn off the gas.
- Finely chop cashews, almonds and pistachios and mix some of them in the halwa.
- Transfer the halwa to a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining dry fruits.
To get the video for the recipe: click here
To read the recipe in Hindi: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious moong dal halwa
Makhane Ki KheerMakhane ki kheer is a delicious dessert made from fox nuts (makhane), milk and sugar. Navratri Special Kheer "Makhane ki kheer" is so delicious that everyone likes this sweet and delicious dessert. ki...
Gulab JamunGulab Jamun or Gulaab Jamun is a delicious solid milk-based dessert and is popular in India and many other countries. Delicious Gulab Jamuns are made from solid milk, solid milk is milk which is by of...
Kesar ShrikhandSrikhand is a Gujarati dish, this dish is so delicious that it is very famous all over India and everyone likes it. Shrikhand does not require any cooking. The dish is made with fresh curd without any...
Besan Ke LadduBesan ke laddu is a popular ball-shaped dessert of India which are very delicious and made from gram flour (besan), lots of ghee, sugar, almonds, pistachio and cardamom. No one can resist this dessert...
Suji Ka HalwaSuji (semolina) halwa is a favorite dessert in India, which is used as parsad (at the time of prayer to God) on various religious occasions. After the Lord's prayer, Suji's Halwa served to all the as...