Moong Dal Halwa
Moong Dal Halwa
Moong Dal Halwa is a delicious dessert that is eaten during the winter season in North India, as it is a rich dessert and is believed that it keep your body warm and protect it from the effects of cold. Moong Dal Halwa is considered auspicious, and is often made during festivals and weddings. The delicious Moong Dal Halwa is made from lots of ghee and yellow moong dal. Moong Dal Halwa requires a lot of effort to make, but when it is ready you will get the real worth of your effort and the Halwa is so soft and tasty that it melts in your mouth and your mouth fills with flavor and aroma. Moong dal halwa takes a lot of patience and long time to fry moong dal and make delicious halwa and also contains extra ghee in it. Follow the recipe and make delicious moong dal halwa at your home and enjoy.
- Preparation Time :
- 6 Hour 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
|Ghee||1/4 Cup + 3 Tablespoon||Moong Dal||1 1/2 Cup|
|Milk||1 Cup||Saffron Water||2 Tablespoon|
|Green Cardamom Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Water||1 Cup|
|Sugar||1 Cup||Pistachio||For Garnish|
|Cashews||For Garnish||Almonds||For Garnish|
- Soak moong dal for at least 6 hours or overnight. Then drain all the water and make a fine paste from the soaked moong dal in mixer grinder.
- Heat 1/4 cup ghee in a non-stick pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot, add moong dal paste to it and stir continuously otherwise lumps will form.
- Note : The main effort in this dessert is stirring continuously while frying the dal.
- Fry the dal till you get a good aroma of fried dal while stirring continuously.
- Add 2 tablespoons water and a pinch of saffron in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat water in another pan.
- Add 1 cup of milk and mix well. Add saffron water to it and mix well. Fry it till the milk dries, while stirring continuous. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Increase the heat, add 1 cup of hot water and fry till the water dries, stirring continuously. Add 3 tablespoons ghee again and mix well.
- Fry for a few minutes and add sugar to it and mix well. Fry it till the ghee starts seperate, while stirring continuously.
- Turn off the gas.
- Finely chop cashews, almonds and pistachios and mix some of them in the halwa.
- Transfer the halwa to a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining dry fruits.
To get the video for the recipe: click here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Vermicelli kheervermicelli kheer or sevaiyan kheer, is a dessert, which is very tasty and famous in India, that is made on many festivals. The vermicelli kheer is not only delicious but it is also very easy to make....
Vermicelli kheerVermicelli kheer also known as Sevaiyan kheer, is a delicious dessert, which is very famous for festivals in India. Vermicelli kheer is not only easy and quick to make but it is also very delicious. a...
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa or Carrot halwa is a delicious halwa, pudding or dessert that is cooked by simmering grated carrots in full fat milk. Gajar ka halwa is so delicious and popular in India and well known...
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa is also known as gajarela or carrot halwa, is a delicious pudding, halwa or dessert. Delicious Gajar ka halwa is made by boiling carrots in milk. Gajar ka halwa is easy to make and so a...
Malai Khoya RollMalai Khoya Roll or Bread Roll Malai is a soft and delicious dessert made from milk and bread. The dessert is so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy the taste, Malai Khoya Roll is very famous in...