How to Make Moong Dal Halwa
Recipe of Moong Dal Halwa
Moong Dal Halwa is a delicious dessert that is eaten during the winter season in North India, as it is a rich dessert and is believed that it keep your body warm and protect it from the effects of cold. The delicious dessert is considered auspicious, and is often made during festivals and weddings. Delicious Moong Dal Halwa is made from lots of ghee and yellow moong dal.
Moong Dal Halwa requires a lot of effort to make, but when it is ready you will get the real worth of your effort and the dessert is so soft and tasty that it melts in your mouth and your mouth fills with flavor and aroma. The halwa takes a lot of patience and long time to fry moong dal and make delicious halwa and also contains extra ghee in it. Follow the recipe and make delicious moong dal halwa at your home and enjoy.
- Preparation Time :
- 6 Hour 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 1 Review | 1 Like
moong dal halwa Ingredients
|Ghee||1/4 Cup + 3 Tablespoon||Moong Dal||1 1/2 Cup|
|Milk||1 Cup||Saffron Water||2 Tablespoon|
|Green Cardamom Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Water||1 Cup|
|Sugar||1 Cup||Pistachio||For Garnish|
|Cashews||For Garnish||Almonds||For Garnish|
Direction To Make
- Soak moong dal for at least 6 hours or overnight. Then drain all the water and make a fine paste from the soaked moong dal in mixer grinder.
- Heat 1/4 cup ghee in a non-stick pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot, add moong dal paste to it and stir continuously otherwise lumps will form.
- Note : The main effort in this dessert is stirring continuously while frying the dal.
- Fry the dal till you get a good aroma of fried dal while stirring continuously.
- Add 2 tablespoons water and a pinch of saffron in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat water in another pan.
- Add 1 cup of milk and mix well. Add saffron water to it and mix well. Fry it till the milk dries, while stirring continuous. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Increase the heat, add 1 cup of hot water and fry till the water dries, stirring continuously. Add 3 tablespoons ghee again and mix well.
- Fry for a few minutes and add sugar to it and mix well. Fry it till the ghee starts seperate, while stirring continuously.
- Turn off the gas.
- Finely chop cashews, almonds and pistachios and mix some of them in the halwa.
- Transfer the halwa to a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining dry fruits.
To get the video for the recipe: click here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious moong dal halwa
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa or Carrot halwa is a delicious halwa, pudding or dessert that is cooked by simmering grated carrots in full fat milk. This delicious dessert is so tasty and popular in India and well as...
Makhane Ki KheerMakhane ki kheer is a delicious dessert made from fox nuts (makhane), milk and sugar. Navratri Special Kheer "Makhane ki kheer" is so delicious that everyone likes this sweet and delicious dessert. ki...
Kesar Rice KheerKheer is a traditional dessert from India cuisine which is a delicious dessert made of rice, milk and sugar. Traditionally, made from rice, but can also be made from sago and vermicelli, even you can...
Suji Ka HalwaSuji (semolina) Halwa is a very popular sweetdish throughout India and is also made as a Prasad (offered to God) on many religious occasions. After the god's Prayer, suji ka halwa is served as the of...
Homemade Vanilla Ice...Vanilla is the most preferred flavor for ice cream, it is a time to enjoy cool and delicious ice cream, which also outperforms the scorching heat. Ice cream is the most demanding dessert and if it is...