Janmashtami Special Mawa Modak
Mawa modak or khoya modak is a traditional dessert made with solid milk. It is a delicious solid-milk based dessert that is usually made during the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi and is offered to Lord Ganesha and served as prasad to devotees after worship. Modak is usually made with stuffing but mawa modak can be made with or without stuffing. We are sharing a delicious mawa modak recipe with stuffing of pistachios and mishri (sugar candy), adopt this recipe and make delicious mawa modak at your home and give us your feedback.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 1 Review | 1 Like
mawa modak Ingredients
Ingredients of mawa modak
MyDelicious Recipes-Mawa Modak
|Milk||1/2 Cup||Milk Powder||1 1/4 Cup / 10 Gram|
|Ghee / Clarified Butter||1/4 Cup||Green Cardamom Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Saffron||Few Threads||Sugar Powder (Optional)||1/3 Cup|
|Mishri Dana (Sugar Candy)||15 - 20||Pistachio, Finely Sliced||4 - 5|
Direction To Make
- Take 2 tablespoons of hot milk in a bowl and put saffron threads in it and mix well.
- Take 1/2 cup milk in a vessel, add 1/4 cup ghee to it and heat it on low heat till the ghee melts and mixes well with the milk and keep it aside
- Put 1 1/4 cup milk powder in a pan and fry it on low flame for 2 - 3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add milk and ghee mixture to it and mix well. There should be no lumps in the mixture. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thick.
- Add green cardamom powder and saffron milk and mix well. Continue cooking on low heat until it becomes like soft dough, while stirring constantly.
- Turn off the gas and transfer the mawa in a plate. Set it aside to cool the mawa at room temperature. Once cool, add sugar powder and mix well.
- Take a mold to make modak and grease it with ghee. Place 1 slice of pistachios on both sides and fill the mawa on both sides by pressing the mawa well.
- Add 1-2 pieces of pistachios and one piece of mishri and close the mold. Press the mold tightly to affix both the sides well. Remove excess mawa, which comes out of the mold. Open the mold and remove the modak from it.
- Delicious mawa modak is ready. In this way make all the remaining modak.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious mawa modak
Gulab JamunGulab Jamun or Gulaab Jamun is a delicious solid milk-based dessert and is popular in India and many other countries. Delicious Gulab Jamuns are made from solid milk, solid milk is milk which is by of...
Moong Dal HalwaMoong Dal Halwa is an popular and mouthwatering dessert in North India that is eaten specially in winter season. This is an rich dessert made of lots of ghee and moong dal and is believed that it your...
Ras MalaiRas Malai is an Indian festive classic dessert made with milk chhena, sugar and saffron. It is a popular dessert all over India and everyone loves to eat ras malai. Ras Malai recipe is similar to Both...
Gulkand GujiyaHoli festival is not only a festival of colors but also a festival of delicious food. On this festival people start making delicious Gujiya in advance. You must have eaten mava Gujiya on this but we a...
Vanilla Ice CreamVanilla ice cream is the most versatile flavor of ice cream and one of the most delicious ice cream. This easy vanilla ice cream recipe can be easily made at home. Ice cream may seem difficult to at a...