Janmashtami Special Mawa Modak
Mawa Modak Recipe
Mawa modak or khoya modak is a traditional dessert made with solid milk. It is a delicious solid-milk based dessert that is usually made during the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi and is offered to Lord Ganesha and served as prasad to devotees after worship. Modak is usually made with stuffing but mawa modak can be made with or without stuffing. We are sharing a delicious mawa modak recipe with stuffing of pistachios and mishri (sugar candy), adopt this recipe and make delicious mawa modak at your home and give us your feedback.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
mawa modak Ingredients
|Milk||1/2 Cup||Milk Powder||1 1/4 Cup / 150 Gram|
|Ghee / Clarified Butter||1/4 Cup||Green Cardamom Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Saffron||Few Threads||Sugar Powder||1/3 Cup|
|Mishri Dana (Sugar Candy)||15 - 20||Pistachio, Finely Sliced||4 - 5|
Direction To Make
- Take 2 tablespoons of hot milk in a bowl and put saffron threads in it and mix well.
- Take 1/2 cup milk in a vessel, add 1/4 cup ghee to it and heat it on low heat till the ghee melts and mixes well with the milk and keep it aside
- Put 1 1/4 cup milk powder in a pan and fry it on low flame for 2 - 3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add milk and ghee mixture to it and mix well. There should be no lumps in the mixture. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thick.
- Add green cardamom powder and saffron milk and mix well. Continue cooking on low heat until it becomes like soft dough, while stirring constantly.
- Turn off the gas and transfer the mawa in a plate. Set it aside to cool the mawa at room temperature. Once cool, add sugar powder and mix well.
- Take a mold to make modak and grease it with ghee. Place 1 slice of pistachios on both sides and fill the mawa on both sides by pressing the mawa well.
- Add 1-2 pieces of pistachios and one piece of mishri and close the mold. Press the mold tightly to affix both the sides well. Remove excess mawa, which comes out of the mold. Open the mold and remove the modak from it.
- Delicious mawa modak is ready. In this way make all the remaining modak.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious mawa modak
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa or Carrot halwa is a delicious halwa, pudding or dessert that is cooked by simmering grated carrots in full fat milk. This delicious dessert is so tasty and popular in India and well as...
Ras MalaiRas Malai is an Indian classic delicious dessert made with milk chena, dipped in thick fragrant saffron milk or rabri. It is a delicious dessert which is very popular all over India and everybody this...
JalebiJalebi is an Indian crunchy spiral shaped dessert made by refined flour (maida) and dipped in sugar syrup. It is the most popular dessert that is specially prepared on many Indian festivals such as is...
Suji Ka HalwaSuji (semolina) halwa is a favorite dessert in India, which is used as parsad (at the time of prayer to God) on various religious occasions. After the Lord's prayer, Suji's Halwa served to all the as...
Mango Mastani IceCreamMango Mastani is a perfect combination of delicious mango milkshake and ice cream that satisfies you as a dessert. Your mind will be blown away by knowing how simple and easy a recipe is to make this...