Janmashtami Special Mawa Modak
Mawa modak or khoya modak is a traditional dessert made with solid milk. It is a delicious solid-milk based dessert that is usually made during the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi and is offered to Lord Ganesha and served as prasad to devotees after worship. Modak is usually made with stuffing but mawa modak can be made with or without stuffing. We are sharing a delicious mawa modak recipe with stuffing of pistachios and mishri (sugar candy), adopt this recipe and make delicious mawa modak at your home and give us your feedback.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
mawa modak Ingredients
Ingredients of mawa modak
|Milk||1/2 Cup||Milk Powder||1 1/4 Cup / 10 Gram|
|Ghee / Clarified Butter||1/4 Cup||Green Cardamom Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Saffron||Few Threads||Sugar Powder (Optional)||1/3 Cup|
|Mishri Dana (Sugar Candy)||15 - 20||Pistachio, Finely Sliced||4 - 5|
- Take 2 tablespoons of hot milk in a bowl and put saffron threads in it and mix well.
- Take 1/2 cup milk in a vessel, add 1/4 cup ghee to it and heat it on low heat till the ghee melts and mixes well with the milk and keep it aside
- Put 1 1/4 cup milk powder in a pan and fry it on low flame for 2 - 3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add milk and ghee mixture to it and mix well. There should be no lumps in the mixture. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thick.
- Add green cardamom powder and saffron milk and mix well. Continue cooking on low heat until it becomes like soft dough, while stirring constantly.
- Turn off the gas and transfer the mawa in a plate. Set it aside to cool the mawa at room temperature. Once cool, add sugar powder and mix well.
- Take a mold to make modak and grease it with ghee. Place 1 slice of pistachios on both sides and fill the mawa on both sides by pressing the mawa well.
- Add 1-2 pieces of pistachios and one piece of mishri and close the mold. Press the mold tightly to affix both the sides well. Remove excess mawa, which comes out of the mold. Open the mold and remove the modak from it.
- Delicious mawa modak is ready. In this way make all the remaining modak.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious mawa modak
FaloodaFalooda or Faluda Looks like Noodles, is a cold dessert from India and is a very popular dessert in the summer season as it is eaten mostly with ice cream. Falooda is invented from a persian dish cold...
Mango PhirniPhirni is a popular dessert from North Indian cuisine. Phirni is a sweet and delicious pudding made with milk, sugar, rice and different flavors. Phirni, the delicious pudding is made with different a...
Boondi Ke LadooBundi ke ladoos are delicious and most popular dessert in India for many special occasions like festivals, weddings or pujas at the home. Bundi are small balls which are fried drops of besan (gram and...
Besan Ke LadduBesan ke laddu is a popular dessert in India which are very delicious sweet balls made from gram flour (besan), ghee, sugar and cardamom. Laddu is a ball shaped dessert that is made during many and in...
Apple PieApple pie is a delicious pie filled with sliced or chopped apple. Apple pie is like a cake with sliced or chopped apple stuffing. It tastes delicious like a cake. It is also a healthy dish. This...