Matar Paneer Pulao
Matar Paneer Pulao
Rice is the staple food of many places in India and many different delicious dishes are made from rice. Pulao is a famous rice dish of India which can be vegetable pulao, matar pulao or matar paneer pulao. Matar Paneer Rice or Matar Paneer Pulao is a delicious and popular rice dish that can be easily made at home. The delicious Matar Paneer Pulao can be served with many dishes and raita. Matar Paneer Pulao made of rice, paneer and green peas is less spicy and easily made at home as compared to vegetable biryani. Follow this recipe to make delicious Matar Paneer Pulao easily at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
matar paneer pulao Ingredients
Ingredients of matar paneer pulao
|Basmati Rice||1/2 Cup||Paneer (cottage Cheese), Cut into Small Cubes||1/2 Cup|
|Onion, Sliced||1 Large||Ginger, Finely Grated||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic, Crushed||1/2 Teaspoon||Green Chillies, Finely Chopped||1|
|Green Peas||1/4 cup||Cinnamon||Small Piece of About 1 Inch|
|Lemon Juice||1 Teaspoon||Water||1 Cup|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Ghee or Oil||1 1/2 Teaspoon + 1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander Leaves, Finely Chopped||2 Tablespoon|
- Wash the rice 2 to 3 times thoroughly and soak them in 1 cup of water for about 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of ghee or oil in a pressure cooker on medium heat. When the ghee becomes hot, add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, grated ginger, crushed garlic and fry it for 30-40 seconds while stirring continuously.
- Add green chillies and sliced onion and fry it till the onion becomes light brown or translucent.
- Add soaked rice to it and discard water and mix well. Add green peas and mix well and fry for one minute while stirring continuously.
- Add salt, lemon juice and a cup of water and mix well. Close the pressure cooker lid and cook them for 3 - 4 whistles, first on high heat and on medium heat.
- Turn off the gas and let the pressure cooker release all the pressure automatically.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a non-stick pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot, add paneer cubes and shallow fry the paneer cubes till it becomes light brown.
- Open the pressure cooker as the pressure has already come out of it and add fried paneer cubes and mix well.
- Matar Paneer pulao is ready. Transfer the delicious pulao to a serving bowl. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve delicious pulao hot.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Kadhi PakodaKadhi Pakora is a delicious dish and is served mostly with rice. It is one of the most popular dishes of North India. Deep fried fritters called pakoras made of besan (gram flour) are dipped in thick...
Aloo ParathaAloo Paratha is an Indian bread that is stuffed with boiled potatoes and shallow fry on a tawa. It is very tasty and very popular all over India. Although it is a Punjabi dish, it is very famous in to...
Rajma CurryRajma or kidney beans are rich in protein, Rajma curry is a delicious and very popular dish in India. If you like to enjoy the dish in the best way possible, enjoy it with steamed rice, a food famous...
Chana MasalaChana masala is a delicious Punjabi dish made from chickpeas and is popular all over India. This spicy curry dish is made of white chickpeas (kabuli chana), onions, tomatoes with Indian spices, chana...
Veg Fried RiceVeg fried rice - is a popular Chinese dish which is liked by everyone and is also an easy dish to make at home. You can find different fried rice at different places. In most places you will get less...