Malai Kofta is a pure vegetarian and most popular Indian dish made with deep-fried balls or rolls of potato and cheese mixture and dipped in a smooth, fresh milk cream gravy. Malai is a cream of fresh milk and Kofta is a deep fried mixture of potato and cheese balls or rolls. So Malai Kofta is deep fried kofta dipped in smooth milk cream gravy. To make koftas of paneer and potatoes mix for malai kofta, first mash the boiled potatoes and paneer and mix with spices. Then make small balls or rolls from that mixture and deep fry the balls to make the koftas. These soft paneer potato koftas are then dipped in fresh milk cream, tomato and onion based gravy.
- Preparation Time :
- 35 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 40 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Mashed Cottage Cheese (Paneer)||1 Cup||Mashed Boiled Potatoes||1 Cup|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||1 Tablespoon||Chopped Ginger||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped Green Chili||1||Corn Flour||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Chopped Cashews||2 Tablespoon|
|Ghee or Oil||To Deep Fry|
|Cinnamon||1 Stick||Bay Leaf||1|
|Green Cardamom||4||Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped Onion||1 Cup||Finley Chopped Green Chili||1|
|Chopped Garlic||1 Tablespoon||Chopped Ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/3 Teaspoon||Kashmiri Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 Tablespoon||Roasted Cumin Powder||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Finely Chopped Tomato||2 Cup||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Cashews||12 - 15||Ghee or Oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon||Fenugreak Leaves Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon||Fresh Milk Cream||1/4 Cup|
|Water||2 1/2 Cup|
- Take 1 tablespoon ghee and 2 tablespoon butter in a frying pan and heat it on medium heat. When the butter melts, add cinnamon, bay leaf, cloves, black cardamom, green cardamom, cumin as per the above mentioned quantity and fry for a minute.
- Add the onion, chopped green chillies and fry the onion till it becomes light brown. Add chopped garlic, ginger and fry a little. Add turmeric powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder and mix well. Fry for a minute and add tomatoes, salt and cashews and mix well.
- Do not fry too much, fry the tomatoes a little and add water to it. Cover the lid and fry until the cashews become soft.
- While the gravy is cooking, we'll fry the koftas.
- Heat the ghee for deep-frying the koftas in a frying pan on medium heat.
- In a large bowl, take mashed paneer (paneer), boiled mashed potatoes, chopped coriander, ginger, green chillies, corn flour, salt and chopped cashews, quantity as mentioned above and mix well and Mash.
- It will be like dough. Take a mixture from it and make a roll or ball. The shape does not affect the taste of the kofta.
- Meanwhile the ghee will be hot enough. To fry the koftas, add 3-4 koftas in ghee. Stir them using a perforated spoon. Fry them till they are golden brown. Take them out of the ghee and transfer to a plate. Fry the remaining koftas in the same way.
- Koftas are ready. Keep them aside.
Cook Malai Kofta
- By now the cashews in the curry became soft. Open the lid of the frying pan and stir well. Turn off the heat and let the curry cool slightly. When it cools down a little, make a fine puree from the curry in a blender. Remove the bay leaf from it before transferring it to the blender.
- strain the puree through a sieve in a frying pan by adding water. by strainning through sieve you will get a fine and smooth curry. Boil it on medium heat. Add powder of fenugreek leaves, sugar and a pinch of salt and mix well. Cook it for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add fresh milk cream and mix well. Turn off the gas. Curry is ready for Malai Kofta.
- Place all the fried koftas in a flat bottom bowl and pour this hot curry gently on the koftas. Garnish with some fresh milk cream and coriander leaves.
- Malai Kofta is ready. Enjoy Malai Kofta with Roti at your lunch or dinner.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious appetizer. Everyone likes the mushroom Manchurian, from children to adults. Mushroom Manchurian is delicious and rich in vitamin D as mushroom is a great source of a...