How To Make Delicious Lauki Ki Barfi At Home
Easy Recipe of Lauki Barfi / Ghiya Barfi
Barfi made from lauki / ghiya (bottle gourd) is a delicious dessert and is very popular in India especially on the occasion of Indian festivals like Diwali, Janmashtami etc. Lauki ki barfi can also be eaten on fasting days, it can be easily made at home on festivals or fasting occasions. Lauki ki burfi is very simple and easy to make at home and requires very little ingredients and efforts. If you add dry fruits to this delicious barfi, it will enhance the sweet taste. Even if a person does not like to eat gourd (Lauki), he will not resist the luxurious taste of lauki ki barfi. A very easy recipe to make delicious Lauki or Ghiya Ki barfi at home with nutritious fiber.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 35 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 2 Reviews | 1 Like
lauki ki barfi Ingredients
|Lauki / Ghiya (Bottle Gourd)||1 Kg||Sugar||5 - 6 Tablespoon Or As Per Taste|
|Milk||1/2 Cup||Milk Powder||200 Gram|
|Green Cardamom Powder||1 Teaspoon||Almonds, Finely Sliced||5 - 7|
|Cashew Nut, Finely Sliced||5 - 7||Dry Coconut, Finely Grated||1/2 Cup|
|Ghee Or Oil||3 Tablespoon + To Greasing||Green Food Colour (Optional)||1 Teaspoon|
Direction To Make
- Let's start the easy recipe of Lauki or Ghiya Ki Barfi.
- Take a Lauki (bottle gourd) and peel it to clean. Cut and discard both the ends of lauki. Make sure the lauki should not be bitter, so taste the lauki from both ends, otherwise the bitter lauki will ruin the taste of the dessert.
- Cut the lauki into 4 pieces lengthwise. Discard the inner soft part of the lauki as it contains seeds.
- The unseeded outer clean portion will be used to make barfi. Grate the lauki.
- Squeeze the grated Lauki using both of your hand to remove water from the Lauki. You will get dry grated Lauki. If you do not remove water from the Lauki, it will take longer time to cook.
Cooking Lauki Ki Barfi
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a non-stick pan over medium heat. When the ghee gets hot enough. Add grated Lauki to it and mix well. Cover the pan using a lid and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Open the lid and stir well. Add milk and mix well. Cover the lid again and cook again until the milk has dried, while stirring occasionally to avoid sticking. Open the lid and mix well. Add sugar and mix well. The sugar will soon melt.
- Add finely chopped almonds, cashews and green cardamom powder to it and mix well. Cook it for a minute and add finely grated coconut and mix well. Add milk powder and mix well. Add green food color (which is optional) and mix well.
- Cook it for about 2 minutes while stirring continuously. Add 1 tablespoon of ghee and cook on medium heat till the dough is dry enough. Barfi dough will start leave the pan by adding ghee at this stage.
- Turn off the gas when the dough dries. Take a tray in which we must move the barfi to set. Grease the tray well with ghee and transfer the dough to this tray, spread and set it with a spatula. Spread some dry fruits over it and press them gently with a spatula.
- Keep the tray in a cool place for 1 hour. You can also keep the tray in the fridge. After an hour the barfi will freeze and become tight. Take the tray out of the fridge and cut the barfi into pieces.
- Enjoy delicious barfi with your family.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious lauki ki barfiLeander Fernandes
Kesar Pista KulfiKulfi is a frozen dessert of India since the 16th century, also known as "traditional Indian ice cream". Kulfi is a delicious and popular frozen dessert of India also popular in Sri Lanka, Nepal, and...
Gulab JamunGulab Jamun or Gulaab Jamun is a delicious solid milk-based dessert and is popular in India and many other countries. Delicious Gulab Jamuns are made from solid milk, solid milk is milk which is by of...
Moong Dal HalwaMoong Dal Halwa is an popular and mouthwatering dessert in North India that is eaten specially in winter season. This is an rich dessert made of lots of ghee and moong dal and is believed that it your...
Lauki Ki BarfiLauki ki barfi made from Lauki / ghiya / bottle gourd is a very popular and delicious dessert in India and is in great demand especially at festivals. Delicious Lauki barfi is also a famous dessert is...
RabdiRabdi is the most popular, yummy, healthy and creamy dessert that every-one in the world likes its delicious taste. It has a nice aroma of cardamom (elaichi) and saffron (kesar) which makes this rabdi...