How To Make Lachha Paratha
Lachha Paratha Recipe
Lachha Paratha or Laccha Paratha - Very popular paratha of North India. This delicious paratha is a flat bread made of refined flour (Maida) or wheat flour, salt, butter and ghee. Various crispy layers make the paratha unique and special. Lachha Paratha not only looks tempting but also tastes good. The recipe for this delicious Indian layered flatbread "Lachha Paratha" is easy. You can enjoy paratha with butter or curd. Learn the recipe of this delicious paratha with us so that you can easily make and enjoy this delicious paratha at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
lachha paratha Ingredients
Ingredients of lachha paratha
MyDelicious Recipes-Lachha Paratha
|Wheat Flour||1 Cup||Refined Flour (Maida)||1 Cup|
|Semolina (Soojee)||3 Teaspoon||Salt||3/4 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste|
|Cumin Powder (Roasted)||1/2 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Melted Butter||1/4 Cup||Ghee||1/4 Cup|
Laccha Paratha Dough
- Take a big platter and add wheat flour, refined flour (maida), semolina (semolina), salt, chaat masala and cumin powder. Mix them well and sift the mixture.
- Add water little by little and knead the flour mixture. Make a hard dough from it and keep aside for some time (about 15 - 20 minutes).
- Knead it again for a minute and divide it into 8 parts. Make balls from each.
Rolling Laccha Paratha
- Mix melted butter and ghee in a bowl.
- Grease the rolling board with this mixture of butter and ghee.
- Take a ball and press it on the rolling board with your palm. Roll the ball with a rolling pin and give it an oval shape and as thin as possible.
- Now cut it into thin strips with the help of a knife. Apply some butter and ghee mixture on it with a silicone kitchen brush.
- Assemble these strips along the length. Lift up the strips from both sides by rolling board and roll them like a swiss roll and set aside in a plate. Do the same with others and make all the roll.
- Keep these rolls in the fridge for an hour.
- Take out the rolls from the fridge. Take a roll and place it on a rolling board, coat it with some dry wheat flour and roll it gently with a rolling pin (don't put too much pressure to roll because the strips will mix and it will be uniform). Roll it into a round shape and about 5 - 6 inches in diameter.
Making Laccha Paratha
- Take a tawa (griddle) and heat it on medium flame. When the tawa gets hot, place a raw lachha paratha over it. It started cooking in which you can see some small bubbles. Flip the paratha to cook from the other side.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of butter and ghee mixture over it and flip the paratha to fry. Put 1 teaspoon of butter and ghee mixture on the other side and do the same on the other side and fry till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- When the paratha are well roasted, transfer it to a plate. Cook all the parathas in this way and enjoy with butter or curd as per your liking.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsMohini
Delicious lachha parathaLeander Fernandes
Very nicely doneOutstanding
Matar KulchaMatar Kulcha or chole Kulche is one of the most popular street food in North India, especially in Delhi and Amritsar. It is an ideal staple food, in this staple food, white peas are boiled and served...
Plum JamA delicious sweet and sour plum (aloo bukhara) jam for plum fruit lovers. The jam is very delicious especially when it is homemade. This is an easy recipe to make jam at home from Aloo Bukhara. Aloo a...
Dal FryDal Fry is a delicious Indian dish, which is very popular and made by cooking lentils mixed with spices. There are many different ways to make dal fry. Dal Fry is a basic Indian dish that can also be...
Masala PastaMasala pasta – Indian style spicy and delicious pasta that you and your family will love. This delicious pasta is very easy to make and requires only 35 minutes. Pasta is a favorite among children can...
Suji UpmaSuji (semolina) upma is a popular dish that is tasty, healthy and is preferred as a morning breakfast. To make the upma, suji is first roasted and then cooked with fried vegetables, spices and water....