How To Make Delicious Lachha Paratha
Lachha Paratha Recipe
Lachha Paratha or Laccha Paratha is a very popular paratha of North India. This delicious paratha is a flat bread made of refined flour (Maida) or wheat flour, salt, butter and ghee. Various crispy layers make the paratha unique and special. Lachha Paratha not only looks tempting but also tastes good. The recipe for this delicious Indian layered flatbread "Lachha Paratha" is easy. You can enjoy paratha with butter or curd. Learn the recipe of this delicious paratha with us so that you can easily make and enjoy this delicious paratha at home.
Lachha Paratha is a popular Indian flatbread made from wheat flour and famous for its flaky and layered texture. The Hindi word "lachha" means "layers", and the paratha is so named because it is made by making layers of dough greased with melted butter and ghee and then rolling them out of these layers. These layers remain present even after the paratha is cooked.
To make Lachha Paratha recipe, first of all knead the dough of wheat flour, maida, water and salt. The dough is then divided into small portions, and each portion is rolled into a thin disc. mixture of melted butter and ghee is then applied to the surface of the disc, and cut the disc into thin slices and then folded these slices and rolled again to create layers. The layered dough is then cooked on a hot griddle till it turns golden brown on both the sides.
Lachha paratha is usually served in breakfast with fresh curd, butter or a variety of chutneys. It is very famous in Indian hotels or dhabas and is loved for its crispy, layered texture and delicious taste. Lachha Paratha is a delicious paratha that will surely impress anyone with its unique texture and taste.
- Preparation Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
lachha paratha Ingredients
|Refined Flour (Maida)
|3/4 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste
|Cumin Powder (Roasted)
Direction To Make
Laccha Paratha Dough
- Take a big platter and add wheat flour, refined flour (maida), semolina (semolina), salt, chaat masala and cumin powder. Mix them well and sift the mixture.
- Add water little by little and knead the flour mixture. Make a hard dough from it and keep aside for some time (about 15 - 20 minutes).
- Knead it again for a minute and divide it into 8 parts. Make balls from each.
Rolling Laccha Paratha
- Mix melted butter and ghee in a bowl.
- Grease the rolling board with this mixture of butter and ghee.
- Take a ball and press it on the rolling board with your palm. Roll the ball with a rolling pin and give it an oval shape and as thin as possible.
- Now cut it into thin strips with the help of a knife. Apply some butter and ghee mixture on it with a silicone kitchen brush.
- Assemble these strips along the length. Lift up the strips from both sides by rolling board and roll them like a swiss roll and set aside in a plate. Do the same with others and make all the roll.
- Keep these rolls in the fridge for an hour.
- Take out the rolls from the fridge. Take a roll and place it on a rolling board, coat it with some dry wheat flour and roll it gently with a rolling pin (don't put too much pressure to roll because the strips will mix and it will be uniform). Roll it into a round shape and about 5 - 6 inches in diameter.
Making Laccha Paratha
- Take a tawa (griddle) and heat it on medium flame. When the tawa gets hot, place a raw lachha paratha over it. It started cooking in which you can see some small bubbles. Flip the paratha to cook from the other side.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of butter and ghee mixture over it and flip the paratha to fry. Put 1 teaspoon of butter and ghee mixture on the other side and do the same on the other side and fry till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- When the paratha are well roasted, transfer it to a plate. Cook all the parathas in this way and enjoy with butter or curd as per your liking.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsMohini
Delicious lachha parathaLeander Fernandes
Very nicely doneOutstanding
Paneer MakhaniPaneer Makhani is one of the most popular and delicious paneer dishes in India. The popular dish "Paneer Makhani" which consists of soft paneer cubes with a rich and creamy tomato gravy. Soft paneer a...
Bread RollBread roll is a delicious and popular snack in India, the delicious snack is easy to make at home, if you already boil potatoes you can prepare the delicious snack in about 25 minutes. The process of...
DhoklaDhokla is a pure vegetarian dish from the state of Gujarat, India also known as Khaman Dhokla. Now this dish is very popular in other states also. For those who suspect that dhokla is not good for it...
Lachha ParathaLachha Paratha or Laccha Paratha is a delicious savory Indian flat bread made with maida or wheat flour, butter and ghee which is a very popular paratha from North India. The crispy layers of Lachha a...