How To Make Moong Rice Khichdi
Moong Rice Khichdi Recipe
Simple whole moong (whole green gram) rice khichdi is a light and healthy food made by cooking rice and sabut moong in a pressure cooker. If you want to eat something light but healthy in your lunch or dinner, then moong khichdi is best for you. It is an healthy, tasty and easy digestive food. In fact, a healthy khichdi prepared from rice, moong and ghee is so easy to chew that it is recommended for older people, infants as well as the patient, and usually served with curd. Follow the recipe of moong rice khichdi and make the healthy khichdi at your home.
Moong rice Khichdi is a popular and nutritious dish in India, especially in the North India. It is a one pot meal made of moong dal, rice and some spices. It is very easy to make and healthy which can be taken as a light and comfort food for dinner.
To make moong rice khichdi, first wash the rice and moong dal thoroughly. Heat some oil in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds, asafoetida and chopped onions. Fry them for a few minutes until the onions becomes transparent.
Add soaked rice and dal, salt, turmeric powder and red chili powder. Mix well and add water about three times that of rice and dal. Cover the pressure cooker and cook for 3 - 4 whistles or until the khichdi is cooked well and soft for about 20-25 minutes. Once cooked, add some ghee and mix well.
Moong rice khichdi is a nutritious dish that has many health benefits. Moong dal is a rich source of protein, fiber and several essential vitamins and minerals. It is a light food and easily digested. Rice is a good source of carbohydrates and provides energy to the body.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
|Rice||1 Cup||Green Gram (Sabut Moong)||1/4 Cup|
|Salt||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Black Salt||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 TeaspoonTaste||Cumin Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Saunth Powder||A Pinch||Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch|
|Turmeric Powder||A Pinch||Carom Seeds||A Pinch|
|Tomatoes Finely Chopped (Optional)||3 Tomatoes||Onions Finely Chopped (Optional)||2 Medium|
|Water||4 Cup||Ghee||2 Tablespoon|
Direction To Make
- Wash the moong 3-4 times in a bowl.
- Add moong, 4 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the pressure cooker. Close the pressure cooker lid and boil it on high heat for 3 - 4 whistles. Turn off the heat and let the pressure cooker release the entire pressure automatically.
- Put 2 tablespoons of ghee in the pan and heat it on medium heat. Add finely chopped onions and fry them on medium heat until the onions become translucent. Now add finely chopped tomatoes and fry them on medium heat till they become soft.
- Add black salt, cumin powder, ginger powder, chaat masala, garam masala, turmeric powder, carom seeds, asafetida (asafoetida), red chilli powder and mix well. Turn off the heat. Masala for khichdi is ready.
- Wash the rice 3-4 times in a bowl.
- The pressure cooker has removed all the pressure so far.
- Open the pressure cooker, add rice and fried masala to it and mix well. Close the pressure cooker lid and boil it on high heat for 2 whistles.
- Turn off the gas and let the pressure cooker release the pressure automatically. Delicious khichdi is ready. When all the pressure comes out, open the pressure cooker and serve hot khichdi with curd.
Do not add garam masala, red chilli, onions and tomatoes while cooking khichdi for infants or patients.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 1.04 : 0.03 : 0.02 : 0.01 : 0.0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Crispy Veg NuggetsVeg Nuggets or Vegetarian Nuggets are deep fried crispy and savory snacks, made with varieties of vegetable mix with boiled potatoes and coated with poha or breadcrumbs. Nuggets are commonly known for...
Pyaz Ki SabziPyaz ki sabzi or Whole onion masala is delicious and very popular in Rajasthan, the delicious pyaz ki sabzi is cooked in a different way. Pyaz ki sabzi is also known as stuffed onion and this sabzi so...
Bharwan KarelaBharwan Karela is a dry curry which is healthy and delicious made from bitter gourd (karela). Bitter gourd or karela is good for health as it has many benefits such as it purifies the blood and It is...
Dal FryDal Fry is a very tasty Indian dish, which is a very popular dish all over India and is made by mixed dal and spices such as Ginger, Garlic, Cinnamon, Garam Masala, Cumin etc. and then tempering. are...
Veg Fried RiceFried rice is a delicious and popular dish made from pre-cooked rice and stir fried in a pan with some other ingredients such as vegetables, eggs, seafood or meat. Veg fried rice is a delicious and is...