How to Make Khasta Kachori
Khasta Kachori Recipe
khasta kachori is a delicious and spicy deep-fried puri-shaped snack consisting of moong dal, urad dal and some aromatic spices. There are many other varieties of kachori like mawa kachori, dry kachori, raj kachori etc. but the crispy kachori of moong dal is most popular in India especially in North India. We are sharing a special recipe of Khasta Kachori which is not only delicious but also healthy. You can also make healthy kachori at your home by following this recipe.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
khasta kachori Ingredients
For Immunity Masala
|Turmeric Powder||2 Tablespoon||Ashwagandha powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Pipli Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
For Kachori Stuffing
|Yellow Moong Dal||2 Heaped Tablespoon||Urad Dhuli Dal||3 Heaped Tablespoon|
|Immunity Masala||1 Teaspoon (Prepared)||Ginger||1/2 Inch|
|Green Chilli||2||Roasted Fennel Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Carom Seeds (Ajwain)||a Pinch||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Chaat Masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes, Boiled and Diced||4 Medium||Ghee Or Oil||1 Tablespoon + For Deep Fry|
|Fennel Seeds||1/4 Teaspoon||Coriander Seeds||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Immunity Masala (Prepared)||1 Teaspoon||Green Chilli, Chopped||2|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Ginger, Chopped||1 Inch|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 teaspoon|
|Refined Flour (Maida)||1 Cup||Ghee||2 Tablespoon|
|Carom Seeds (Ajwain)||1/4 Teaspoon||Salt||A Pinch|
|Chilled Water||As Required||Ghee Or Oil||For Deep Fry|
Direction To Make
Soak both the dal, urad dal and moong dal in water for at least 1 hour.
- Take turmeric powder, ashwagandha powder and pipli powder in a bowl and mix well. Immunity masala is ready, keep it aside for further use.
- In a grinder, grind soaked lentils, urad dal and moong dal, 1 teaspoon immunity masala, ginger, green chillies, roasted fennel seeds, carom seeds and salt and make a coarse paste.
- Transfer the kachori stuffing to a bowl and add chaat masala to it and mix well.
- The stuffing is ready, set it aside for further use.
- Boil and peel the potatoes, cut into small pieces.
- Heat ghee or oil to deep fry in a pan on medium heat. When the ghee is medium hot, add potatoes and deep fry them till they become golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer them to a bowl.
- Crush fennel seeds and coriander seeds.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee or oil in a pan on medium heat, when it gets hot, add crushed fennel seeds, coriander seeds, chopped ginger, green chilies and fry for a few seconds while stirring. Add fried potatoes and mix well.
- Add salt, 1 teaspoon immunity masala and chaat masala, mix well and fry for a minute.
- Potato sabji is ready. Keep it aside.
- Take 1 cup maida in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoon ghee to it and mix well. Add salt and carom seeds and mix well. Gradually add chilled water and knead a little hard dough.
- Cover it with a muslin cloth. Set it aside to rest for 15 - 20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, divide the dough into 4 - 5 portions. Take a portion of the dough and make a round ball out of it, press it between your palms to make it flat. Take a spoonful of stuffing and place it on top of the dough.
- To cover the stuffing, fold the side of the dough and make a ball from it so that the stuffing does not come out of it. Press them between your palms and make them flat.
- Make all the raw kachoris in this way.
- Heat the ghee or oil to deep fry, when it gets hot, add raw kachoris one by one and fry them over medium heat while they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Enjoy Crispy Kachori with Potato sabji.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
To read the recipe in Hindi: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious khasta kachori
Khasta Kachorikhasta kachori is spicy, delicious deep fried street food made with stuffing of urad dal, moong dal with aromatic spices. Many varieties of delicious kachori can be made such as dry kachori, mawa raj...
Mango SalsaMango Salsa is a delicious Mexican dish, people also eat it as a salad. Mango Salsa is not only delicious but a very popular Mexican dish. Mexicans love the dish so much that during the mango season,...
Veg Seekh KababSeekh kebabs are generally known for a non-veg dish made with minced chicken or mutton and cooked in a tandoor. The vegetarian kebab is also a healthy and delicious dish. There are many varieties of a...
Red Sauce PastaRed Sauce Pasta - Delicious and healthy kids-loving pasta that can be easily made after school snacks or at dinner. Red sauce pasta is a delicious dish made from pasta, tomatoes, onions, garlic and It...
DhoklaDhokla is a pure vegetarian and delicious Gujarati snacks, which is also famous as Khaman Dhokla. Now this delicious snack is popular not only in Gujarat but also in some other states of India. Some...