How To Make Yummy Kesar Shrikhand
Kesar Shrikhand Recipe
Shrikhand is a delicious dessert that is a western Indian dish, but it is very popular all over India. To make delicious Shrikhand we need fresh curd and there is no need to cook. It is an easy home made dessert and if you have already drain all the water from the curd, then Shrikhand will be ready in just 10 minutes. We usually add cardamom, saffron, dry fruits and chopped fresh fruits to make shrikhand more delicious. It can be enjoyed as a dessert. We are sharing the detail recipe of Kesar Shrikhand.
Shrikhand is cool, refreshing and perfect dessert for those who love sweet curd but with a delicious variation. This delicious creamy curd dessert always gives me a special feeling that summer has started. If you are looking for an easy and delicious dessert recipe that requires minimal ingredients and gets ready in 15 minutes, then you must try making this delicious Shrikhand at home.
Shrikhand is very famous dessert in India especially in Gujarat and Maharashtra. It is a very important part of Gujarati or Maharashtrian cuisine, especially during festivals and wedding party. Saffron gives gorgeous color and flavor to Shrikhand. It is a natural flavoring agent, once added, will take the dessert to another level. Saffron is an optional ingredient, as it is very expensive, you can skip it and enjoy shrikhand without saffron.
- Preparation Time :
- 6 Hour
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
kesar shrikhand Ingredients
|Fresh curd (not sour)
|1/3 Cup or As Per Taste
|Green Cardamom Powder
|4 - 5
|4 - 5
|Saffron (Kesar) Optional
|8 - 10 Strands
Direction To Make
- Take a large deep pan, a strainer and a muslin cloth. Set the strainer on the pan and spread the muslin cloth on the strainer.
- Add fresh curd to that muslin cloth. Lift all corners of the cloth and tightly tie them together so that the curd does not come out from any side.
- Hang the muslin cloth with curd in the fridge for 5 - 6 hours so that all the water of the curd gets released. To collect drained water of the curd, do not forget to place a pot under it.
- If it is not possible to hang curd's muslin cloth in the fridge, you can use a pot and strainer. Place the curd's cloth in a sieve and a sieve in the pot, place some weight on it so that all the water of the curd gets drained.
- Add saffron to 1 tablespoon of warm milk and mix well until it dissolves completely.
- After 4-5 hours, when all the water comes out, open the muslin cloth and transfer the thick curd in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, milk saffron mixture and green cardamom powder to it and thoroughly mix using a whisk or electric hand beater until it becomes smooth and the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add chopped cashews and almonds and mix well.
- Kesar Shrikhand is ready. Let it cool in the fridge for some time and enjoy a cold sweet dessert.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsLeander Fernandes
It's fantasticPawan Batra
Delicious kesar shrikhand
Mawa ModakModak is a traditional dessert and mawa or khoya modak is a delicious dessert made with or milk powder solid milk. Modak sweets are usually offered to Lord Ganesha on the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi...
FaloodaFaluda or Falooda is very similar to noodles, a cold dessert of India. faloodeh is the Persian dish which is the origin of Falooda. Traditionally Falooda ice cream is made by mixing vermicelli, rose a...
Lauki Ki BarfiLauki ki barfi made from Lauki / ghiya / bottle gourd is a very popular and delicious dessert in India and is in great demand especially at festivals. Delicious Lauki barfi is also a famous dessert is...
Besan Ke LadduBesan ke laddu is a popular dessert in India which are very delicious sweet balls made from gram flour (besan), ghee, sugar and cardamom. Laddu is a ball shaped dessert that is made during many and in...
Vanilla Ice CreamVanilla ice cream is the most versatile flavor of ice cream and one of the most delicious ice cream. This easy vanilla ice cream recipe can be easily made at home. Ice cream may seem difficult to at a...