How To Make Yummy Kesar Shrikhand
Kesar Shrikhand Recipe
Shrikhand is a delicious dessert that is a western Indian dish, but it is very popular all over India. To make delicious Shrikhand we need fresh curd and there is no need to cook. It is an easy home made dessert and if you have already drain all the water from the curd, then Shrikhand will be ready in just 10 minutes. We usually add cardamom, saffron, dry fruits and chopped fresh fruits to make shrikhand more delicious. It can be enjoyed as a dessert. We are sharing the detail recipe of Kesar Shrikhand.
Shrikhand is cool, refreshing and perfect dessert for those who love sweet curd but with a delicious variation. This delicious creamy curd dessert always gives me a special feeling that summer has started. If you are looking for an easy and delicious dessert recipe that requires minimal ingredients and gets ready in 15 minutes, then you must try making this delicious Shrikhand at home.
Shrikhand is very famous dessert in India especially in Gujarat and Maharashtra. It is a very important part of Gujarati or Maharashtrian cuisine, especially during festivals and wedding party. Saffron gives gorgeous color and flavor to Shrikhand. It is a natural flavoring agent, once added, will take the dessert to another level. Saffron is an optional ingredient, as it is very expensive, you can skip it and enjoy shrikhand without saffron.
- Preparation Time :
- 6 Hour
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
kesar shrikhand Ingredients
|Fresh curd (not sour)||3 Cups||Sugar Powder||1/3 Cup or As Per Taste|
|Green Cardamom Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Chopped Almond||4 - 5|
|Chopped cashews||4 - 5||Saffron (Kesar) Optional||8 - 10 Strands|
Direction To Make
- Take a large deep pan, a strainer and a muslin cloth. Set the strainer on the pan and spread the muslin cloth on the strainer.
- Add fresh curd to that muslin cloth. Lift all corners of the cloth and tightly tie them together so that the curd does not come out from any side.
- Hang the muslin cloth with curd in the fridge for 5 - 6 hours so that all the water of the curd gets released. To collect drained water of the curd, do not forget to place a pot under it.
- If it is not possible to hang curd's muslin cloth in the fridge, you can use a pot and strainer. Place the curd's cloth in a sieve and a sieve in the pot, place some weight on it so that all the water of the curd gets drained.
- Add saffron to 1 tablespoon of warm milk and mix well until it dissolves completely.
- After 4-5 hours, when all the water comes out, open the muslin cloth and transfer the thick curd in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, milk saffron mixture and green cardamom powder to it and thoroughly mix using a whisk or electric hand beater until it becomes smooth and the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add chopped cashews and almonds and mix well.
- Kesar Shrikhand is ready. Let it cool in the fridge for some time and enjoy a cold sweet dessert.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 2.04 : 0.03 : 0.02 : 0.01 : 0.0User ReviewsLeander Fernandes
It's fantasticPawan Batra
Delicious kesar shrikhand
Vermicelli kheerVermicelli kheer also known as Sevaiyan kheer, is a delicious dessert, which is very famous for festivals in India. Sevaiyan or Vermicelli kheer is not only easy and quick recipe to make but it is not...
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa is also known as gajarela or carrot halwa, is a delicious pudding, halwa or dessert. Delicious carrot halwa is made by boiling carrots in milk. carrot halwa is easy to make and so It is...
Moong Dal HalwaMoong Dal Halwa is a delicious dessert that is eaten during the winter season in North India, as it is a rich dessert and is believed that it keep your body warm and protect it from the effects of The...
Lauki Ki BarfiLauki ki barfi made from Lauki / ghiya / bottle gourd is a very popular and delicious dessert in India and is in great demand especially at festivals. Delicious Lauki barfi is also a famous dessert is...
Besan Ke LadduBesan ke laddu is a popular ball-shaped dessert of India which are very delicious and made from gram flour (besan), lots of ghee, sugar, almonds, pistachio and cardamom. No one can resist this dessert...