How To Make Delicious Kesar Rice Kheer
Kesar Rice Kheer Recipe
Kheer is a traditional dessert from India cuisine which is a delicious dessert made of rice, milk and sugar. Traditionally, made from rice, but can also be made from sago and vermicelli, even you can make the delicious kheer with grated carrots. The delicious kheer is made by boiling rice in milk until the rice is cooked well and the milk becomes thick. Green cardamom gives it a nice aromatic taste. Dry-fruits fill it with flavor and health. Recipe of Kesar Rice Kheer is very easy.
Rice kheer is a one pot homemade sweet dish, a rice pudding made for celebrations and festivals in India. Delicious kheer is also made as a prasad for worship at home. Rice kheer is flavored with green cardamom, you can also use saffron to make it more delicious. Today we are going to share the recipe of saffron rice kheer or kesar chawal ki kheer. You can easily make delicious kheer at home by following the detailed recipe of kesar chawal ki kheer.
- Preparation Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 1 Review | 1 Like
kesar rice kheer Ingredients
|Broken Basmati Rice (Tukda Rice)||1/4 Cup||Full Cream Milk||1 Liter|
|Milk Powder||1/4 Cup||Saffron / Kesar||40 - 50 Strands|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup||Almonds, chopped||10 - 12|
|Green Cardamom||5 - 7||Raisins||1 Tablespoon|
|Cashews, Chopped||10 - 12|
Direction To Make
- Wash and soak the broken rice in water for about 1/2 hour.
- After 1/2 hour remove all the water from the rice and keep the soaked rice separate.
- In a large pan, boil the milk over medium heat while stirring occasionally. When the milk gets hot, take 1 tablespoon of hot milk in a small bowl and add saffron and mix well, keep it aside for later use. Continue to boil the milk, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile chop the almonds and cashews, remove the green cardamom skin and crush the cardamom seeds when the milk is boiling.
- When the milk starts boiling, add soaked rice and milk powder to it and mix well.
- Cook it on a medium flame for about 12 - 15 minutes, while occasionally stirring it well. Stir it every 1-2 minutes so that the milk does not burn from the bottom and the cream does not set to the surface but mixes in the milk.
- Add dry fruits like raisins, almonds and cashews. Keep some to garnish. Mix well and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add saffron milk mixture and crushed green cardamom and mix well. Continue to cook for about 6 - 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. By this time the rice becomes soft and the milk also becomes thick.
- Add sugar and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Saffron rice kheer is ready. Turn off the gas and transfer the kheer to the serving bowl. Garnish the kheer with dry fruits.
- Either serve hot or let cool in the fridge. Kheer can be eaten hot or cold.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious kesar rice kheer
Makhane Ki KheerMakhane ki kheer is easy to make and delicious like other kheer, this kheer is made from fox nuts (Makhana), milk and sugar. Makhana ki kheer is very popular in India, everyone in India likes this is...
Makhane Ki KheerMakhane ki kheer is a delicious dessert made from fox nuts (makhane), milk and sugar. Navratri Special Kheer "Makhane ki kheer" is so delicious that everyone likes this sweet and delicious dessert. ki...
Delicious CustardA healthy and amazingly delicious dessert made from milk, sugar and mix fruits, "Mixed Fruit Custard" is a delicious and ideal dessert that you can easily make at home with little effort and less is a...
Moong Dal HalwaMoong Dal Halwa is a delicious dessert that is eaten during the winter season in North India, as it is a rich dessert and is believed that it keep your body warm and protect it from the effects of The...
JalebiJalebi is an Indian crispy and crunchy spiral shaped sugar dipped dessert made by refined flour or all purpose flour (maida). It is the most popular crispy sweet specially prepared on Dussehra, Diwali...