Kesar Rice Kheer
Kesar Rice Kheer
Kheer is a traditional dessert from India cuisine which is a delicious dessert made of rice, milk and sugar. Traditionally, kheer is made from rice, but kheer can be made from sago and vermicelli, even you can make the delicious kheer with grated carrots.The delicious kheer is made by boiling rice in milk until the rice is cooked well and the milk becomes thick. Green cardamom gives it a nice aromatic taste. Dry-fruits fill it with flavor and health. Rice kheer is a one pot homemade sweet dish, a rice pudding made for celebrations and festivals in India. Delicious kheer is also made as a prasad for worship at home. Rice kheer is flavored with green cardamom, you can also use saffron to make it more delicious. Today we are going to share the recipe of saffron rice kheer or kesar chawal ki kheer. You can easily make delicious kheer at home by following the detailed recipe of kesar chawal ki kheer.
- Preparation Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
kesar rice kheer Ingredients
Ingredients of kesar rice kheer
|Broken Basmati Rice (Tukda Rice)||1/4 Cup||Full Cream Milk||1 Liter|
|Milk Powder||1/4 Cup||Saffron / Kesar||40 - 50 Strands|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup||Almonds, chopped||10 - 12|
|Green Cardamom||5 - 7||Raisins||1 Tablespoon|
|Cashews, Chopped||10 - 12|
- Wash and soak the broken rice in water for about 1/2 hour.
- After 1/2 hour remove all the water from the rice and keep the soaked rice separate.
- In a large pan, boil the milk over medium heat while stirring occasionally. When the milk gets hot, take 1 tablespoon of hot milk in a small bowl and add saffron and mix well, keep it aside for later use. Continue to boil the milk, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile chop the almonds and cashews, remove the green cardamom skin and crush the cardamom seeds when the milk is boiling.
- When the milk starts boiling, add soaked rice and milk powder to it and mix well.
- Cook it on a medium flame for about 12 - 15 minutes, while occasionally stirring it well. Stir it every 1-2 minutes so that the milk does not burn from the bottom and the cream does not set to the surface but mixes in the milk.
- Add dry fruits like raisins, almonds and cashews. Keep some to garnish. Mix well and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add saffron milk mixture and crushed green cardamom and mix well. Continue to cook for about 6 - 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. By this time the rice becomes soft and the milk also becomes thick.
- Add sugar and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Saffron rice kheer is ready. Turn off the gas and transfer the kheer to the serving bowl. Garnish the kheer with dry fruits.
- Either serve hot or let cool in the fridge. Kheer can be eaten hot or cold.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious kesar rice kheer
Malai Khoya RollMalai Khoya Roll or Bread Roll Malai is a delicious dessert which is very famous in India. This delicious Indian dessert is easy to make with bread and milk. The Malai Khoya Roll is not only but seems...
Makhane Ki KheerMakhane ki kheer is a delicious dessert made from fox nuts (makhane), milk and sugar. Navratri Special Kheer "Makhane ki kheer" is so delicious that everyone likes this sweet and delicious dessert. ki...
Gulab JamunGulab Jamun or Gulaab Jamun is a delicious solid milk-based dessert and is popular in India and many other countries. Delicious Gulab Jamuns are made from solid milk, solid milk is milk which is by of...
Moong Dal HalwaMoong Dal Halwa is an popular and mouthwatering dessert in North India that is eaten specially in winter season. This is an rich dessert made of lots of ghee and moong dal and is believed that it your...
Boondi Ke LadooBundi ke ladoo are the most popular sweets of India for the occasion of festivals such as Diwali, Holi etc., weddings or especially for pujas. Bundi is fried droplets made of besan (gram flour) and is...