Kesar Rice Kheer
Kesar Rice Kheer
Kheer is a traditional dessert from India cuisine which is a delicious dessert made of rice, milk and sugar. Traditionally, kheer is made from rice, but kheer can be made from sago and vermicelli, even you can make the delicious kheer with grated carrots.The delicious kheer is made by boiling rice in milk until the rice is cooked well and the milk becomes thick. Green cardamom gives it a nice aromatic taste. Dry-fruits fill it with flavor and health. Rice kheer is a one pot homemade sweet dish, a rice pudding made for celebrations and festivals in India. Delicious kheer is also made as a prasad for worship at home. Rice kheer is flavored with green cardamom, you can also use saffron to make it more delicious. Today we are going to share the recipe of saffron rice kheer or kesar chawal ki kheer. You can easily make delicious kheer at home by following the detailed recipe of kesar chawal ki kheer.
- Preparation Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
|Broken Basmati Rice (Tukda Rice)||1/4 Cup||Full Cream Milk||1 Liter|
|Milk Powder||1/4 Cup||Saffron / Kesar||40 - 50 Strands|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup||Almonds, chopped||10 - 12|
|Green Cardamom||5 - 7||Raisins||1 Tablespoon|
|Cashews, Chopped||10 - 12|
- Wash and soak the broken rice in water for about 1/2 hour.
- After 1/2 hour remove all the water from the rice and keep the soaked rice separate.
- In a large pan, boil the milk over medium heat while stirring occasionally. When the milk gets hot, take 1 tablespoon of hot milk in a small bowl and add saffron and mix well, keep it aside for later use. Continue to boil the milk, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile chop the almonds and cashews, remove the green cardamom skin and crush the cardamom seeds when the milk is boiling.
- When the milk starts boiling, add soaked rice and milk powder to it and mix well.
- Cook it on a medium flame for about 12 - 15 minutes, while occasionally stirring it well. Stir it every 1-2 minutes so that the milk does not burn from the bottom and the cream does not set to the surface but mixes in the milk.
- Add dry fruits like raisins, almonds and cashews. Keep some to garnish. Mix well and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add saffron milk mixture and crushed green cardamom and mix well. Continue to cook for about 6 - 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. By this time the rice becomes soft and the milk also becomes thick.
- Add sugar and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Saffron rice kheer is ready. Turn off the gas and transfer the kheer to the serving bowl. Garnish the kheer with dry fruits.
- Either serve hot or let cool in the fridge. Kheer can be eaten hot or cold.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Vermicelli kheerVermicelli kheer also known as Sevaiyan kheer, is a delicious dessert, which is very famous for festivals in India. Vermicelli kheer is not only easy and quick to make but it is also very delicious. a...
Vermicelli kheervermicelli kheer or sevaiyan kheer, is a dessert, which is very tasty and famous in India, that is made on many festivals. The vermicelli kheer is not only delicious but it is also very easy to make....
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa is also known as gajarela or carrot halwa, is a delicious pudding, halwa or dessert. Delicious Gajar ka halwa is made by boiling carrots in milk. Gajar ka halwa is easy to make and so a...
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa or Carrot halwa is a delicious halwa, pudding or dessert that is cooked by simmering grated carrots in full fat milk. Gajar ka halwa is so delicious and popular in India and well known...
Malai Khoya RollMalai Khoya Roll or Bread Roll Malai is a soft and delicious dessert made from milk and bread. The dessert is so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy the taste, Malai Khoya Roll is very famous in...