How to Make Kashmiri Dum Aloo
Kashmiri Dum Aloo Recipe
Kashmiri Dum Aloo is a delicious dish from a beautiful place Jammu and Kashmir and one of the most popular curry dish in North India. To make the delicious dish "Kashmiri Dum Aloo", first deep fry the baby potato and then it is cooked in a smooth, silky and delicious gravy made with curd, and many traditional spices. The recipe for making delicious Kashmiri Dum Aloo is also very easy.
Kashmiri Dum Aloo is a popular vegetarian dish from Kashmiri cuisine. It is made with baby potatoes cooked in a spicy and flavourful tomato-based gravy. This dish is very popular among vegetarians who like rich and spicy taste.
To make Kashmiri Dum Aloo, first boil the baby potatoes till they become soft. These boiled potatoes are deep fried till golden brown and crisp. Onions, tomatoes and spices such as fennel seeds, ginger powder and Kashmiri red chili powder are cooked in a separate pan until a thick gravy is formed. Fried potatoes are added to the gravy along with cream, curd and dried fenugreek. This is cooked on a low flame till the potatoes are well incorporated into the gravy and the flavors meld well.
Serve Kashmiri Dum Aloo with naan, roti or rice. It is a delicious and satisfying dish that is perfect for a casual lunch or dinner or any special occasion. The combination of crispy potatoes and spicy gravy makes it a delectable meal. The use of Kashmiri red chili powder gives the dish a vibrant red color and a unique flavor that makes it apart from other potato dishes.
Kashmiri Dum Aloo is a delicious vegetarian dish that is easy to make and can be enjoyed by all. Try making it at home and enjoy the spicy taste of this classic Kashmiri dish.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
kashmiri dum aloo Ingredients
|Baby Potato||12||Curd (Not Sour)||1 1/2 Cup|
|Dry Ginger Powder (Sonth Powder)||1/2 Teaspoon||Cashew Nut, Grind To Make Powder||6 - 7|
|Green Cardamom Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Fennel Seed Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Bay Leaf||1||Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Kashmiri Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Garam Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Leaves, Finely Chopped||1 Tablespoon||Mustard Oil||For Deep Fry + 4 Tablespoon|
Direction To Make
- Peel the baby potatoes and prick them using a fork. Never peel potatoes in an empty bowl, always peel them and soak them in salted water.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan for deep frying. When the oil gets hot enough, take out the potatoes from the water and fry them on a medium flame till they turn light brown.
- Take the potatoes out of the oil and transfer to a plate. (Don't over fry the potatoes as we need to fry them once again when we have to cook them in the gravy, as we need to add hot potatoes to the gravy so that it will soak the gravy.)
- In a bowl, add curd, cashew powder, Kashmir red chili powder, dry ginger powder (sonth), fennel seed powder, green cardamom powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder and whisk them well.
- Heat 4 tablespoons mustard oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add bay leaves and asafoetida and fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and 1/3 cup of water and mix well.
- Allow the water to boil. When the water starts boiling, add curd and spice mixture and mix well.
- On the other side, fry baby potatoes once again in mustard oil until they turn golden brown.
- When it starts boiling, add hot fried baby potatoes and garam masala and give it a good stir.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until oil comes out on the surface and the gravy thickens.
- Turn off the gas and transfer the Kashmiri Dum Aloo for serving in the bowl.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot Kashmiri Dum Aloo at lunch or dinner.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious kashmiri dum aloo
Crispy Veg NuggetsVeg Nuggets or Vegetarian Nuggets are deep fried crispy and savory snacks, made with varieties of vegetable mix with boiled potatoes and coated with poha or breadcrumbs. Nuggets are commonly known for...
Bhindi Do PyazaBhindi, ladyfinger or Okra is always good in taste and is liked by all. If the bhindi are cooked with the onion, the taste of the dish doubles. Bhindi do pyaza is a dish that is a delicious and spicy...
Chole BhatureChole Bhature is the most favorite food of North India.Bhature: A classic puffed Indian bread made of maida. Bhatura is a fluffy deep-fried bread made from a leavened dough of maida, yeast, and served...
SamosaSamosa is made from refined flour. The samosa shell has some filling ingredients, usually mashed boiled potatoes, cheese, finely chopped onions, green peas, green chilies, or a mixture of lentils with...
Veg Manchurian GravyThe vegetarian gravy Manchurian is a deep-fried mix vegetable balls poured into a sweet-sour and spicy sauce. This gravy Manchurian is very tasty to eat with plain rice, fried rice, steamed rice and...