Kashmiri Dum Aloo
Kashmiri Dum Aloo
Kashmiri Dum Aloo is a beautiful and delicious dish from a beautiful place Jammu and Kashmir and one of the most popular curry dish in North India. To make the delicious dish "Kashmiri Dum Aloo", first deep fry the baby potato and then it is cooked in a smooth, silky and delicious gravy made with curd, and many traditional spices. An easy recipe to make delicious Kashmiri Dum Aloo Learn to make at home easily.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Baby Potato||12||Curd (Not Sour)||1 1/2 Cup|
|Dry Ginger Powder (Saunth Powder)||1/2 Teaspoon||Cashew Nut, Grind To Make Powder||6 - 7|
|Green Cardamom Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Fennel Seed Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Bay Leaf||1||Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Kashmiri Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Garam Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Leaves, Finely Chopped||1 Tablespoon||Mustard Oil||For Deep Fry + 4 Tablespoon|
- Peel the baby potatoes and prick them using a fork. Never peel potatoes in an empty bowl, always peel them and soak them in salted water.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan for deep frying. When the oil gets hot enough, take out the potatoes from the water and fry them on a medium flame till they turn light brown. Take the potatoes out of the oil and transfer to a plate. (Don't over fry the potatoes as we need to fry them once again when we have to cook them in the gravy, as we need to add hot potatoes to the gravy so that it will soak the gravy.)
- In a bowl, add curd, cashew powder, Kashmir red chili powder, dry ginger powder (saunth), fennel seed powder, green cardamom powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder and whisk them well.
- Heat 4 tablespoons mustard oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add bay leaves and asafoetida and fry for about 30 seconds. Add salt, turmeric powder and 1/3 cup of water and mix well. Allow the water to boil. When the water starts boiling, add curd and spice mixture and mix well.
- On the other side, fry baby potatoes once again in mustard oil until they turn golden brown.
- When it starts boiling, add hot fried baby potatoes and garam masala and give it a good stir.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until oil comes out on the surface and the gravy thickens.
- Turn to the gas and transfer the Kashmiri Dum Aloo for serving in the bowl. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot Kashmiri Dum Aloo at lunch or dinner.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Besan Chilla CurryChilla curry or chille ki sabzi is a very tasty curry dish made from spicy gram flour pancake or chilla, this dish is very delicious and much famous in India especially in North India. This curry dish...
Besan Chilla CurryA spicy pancakes or chilla made with gram flour is very famous in India especially in North India and a delicious curry or sabzi made from this chilla is much famous and finger licking curry dish from...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...