Kashmiri Dum Aloo
Kashmiri Dum Aloo
Kashmiri Dum Aloo is a beautiful and delicious dish from a beautiful place Jammu and Kashmir and one of the most popular curry dish in North India. To make the delicious dish "Kashmiri Dum Aloo", first deep fry the baby potato and then it is cooked in a smooth, silky and delicious gravy made with curd, and many traditional spices. An easy recipe to make delicious Kashmiri Dum Aloo Learn to make at home easily.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
kashmiri dum aloo Ingredients
Ingredients of kashmiri dum aloo
|Baby Potato||12||Curd (Not Sour)||1 1/2 Cup|
|Dry Ginger Powder (Saunth Powder)||1/2 Teaspoon||Cashew Nut, Grind To Make Powder||6 - 7|
|Green Cardamom Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Fennel Seed Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Bay Leaf||1||Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Kashmiri Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Garam Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Leaves, Finely Chopped||1 Tablespoon||Mustard Oil||For Deep Fry + 4 Tablespoon|
- Peel the baby potatoes and prick them using a fork. Never peel potatoes in an empty bowl, always peel them and soak them in salted water.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan for deep frying. When the oil gets hot enough, take out the potatoes from the water and fry them on a medium flame till they turn light brown. Take the potatoes out of the oil and transfer to a plate. (Don't over fry the potatoes as we need to fry them once again when we have to cook them in the gravy, as we need to add hot potatoes to the gravy so that it will soak the gravy.)
- In a bowl, add curd, cashew powder, Kashmir red chili powder, dry ginger powder (saunth), fennel seed powder, green cardamom powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder and whisk them well.
- Heat 4 tablespoons mustard oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add bay leaves and asafoetida and fry for about 30 seconds. Add salt, turmeric powder and 1/3 cup of water and mix well. Allow the water to boil. When the water starts boiling, add curd and spice mixture and mix well.
- On the other side, fry baby potatoes once again in mustard oil until they turn golden brown.
- When it starts boiling, add hot fried baby potatoes and garam masala and give it a good stir.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until oil comes out on the surface and the gravy thickens.
- Turn to the gas and transfer the Kashmiri Dum Aloo for serving in the bowl. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot Kashmiri Dum Aloo at lunch or dinner.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Vegetable BiryaniVegetable Biryani is a delicious dish with a good aroma, which is made from rice and mix vegetables, herbs and spices. Traditionally biryani is made by the process of dum cooking with basmati rice, or...
Bharwaan KarelaBharwa Karela is a healthy dry curry made from karela (bitter gourd). Bitter gourd has many health benefits such as it purifies the blood, is good for a diabetic patient, is beneficial in hemorrhoids...
Chilli Paneer DrySpicy Hot Chili Paneer, an Indo Chinese dish that is delicious and delightful anytime anywhere. Whether it is served as snacks in the form of dry chili paneer or as a side dish in the form of gravy is...
Chole BhatureChole Bhature is the most favorite food of North India.Bhature: Bhature is a puffed classic Indian bread that is always served with chole (chickpea). Bhature is deep fried bread and is made with flour...
DhoklaDhokla is a popular delicious Gujarati snack. With this easy video recipe, you can easily make soft and spongy Dhokla at home in 20 minutes. This is a quick dhokla recipe, this recipe does not require...