How to Make Kashmiri Dum Aloo
Kashmiri Dum Aloo Recipe
Kashmiri Dum Aloo is a beautiful and delicious dish from a beautiful place Jammu and Kashmir and one of the most popular curry dish in North India. To make the delicious dish "Kashmiri Dum Aloo", first deep fry the baby potato and then it is cooked in a smooth, silky and delicious gravy made with curd, and many traditional spices. An easy recipe to make delicious Kashmiri Dum Aloo Learn to make at home easily.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 1 Like
kashmiri dum aloo Ingredients
Ingredients of kashmiri dum aloo
MyDelicious Recipes-Kashmiri Dum Aloo
|Baby Potato||12||Curd (Not Sour)||1 1/2 Cup|
|Dry Ginger Powder (Sonth Powder)||1/2 Teaspoon||Cashew Nut, Grind To Make Powder||6 - 7|
|Green Cardamom Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Fennel Seed Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Bay Leaf||1||Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Kashmiri Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Garam Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Leaves, Finely Chopped||1 Tablespoon||Mustard Oil||For Deep Fry + 4 Tablespoon|
Direction To Make
- Peel the baby potatoes and prick them using a fork. Never peel potatoes in an empty bowl, always peel them and soak them in salted water.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan for deep frying. When the oil gets hot enough, take out the potatoes from the water and fry them on a medium flame till they turn light brown.
- Take the potatoes out of the oil and transfer to a plate. (Don't over fry the potatoes as we need to fry them once again when we have to cook them in the gravy, as we need to add hot potatoes to the gravy so that it will soak the gravy.)
- In a bowl, add curd, cashew powder, Kashmir red chili powder, dry ginger powder (sonth), fennel seed powder, green cardamom powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder and whisk them well.
- Heat 4 tablespoons mustard oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add bay leaves and asafoetida and fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and 1/3 cup of water and mix well.
- Allow the water to boil. When the water starts boiling, add curd and spice mixture and mix well.
- On the other side, fry baby potatoes once again in mustard oil until they turn golden brown.
- When it starts boiling, add hot fried baby potatoes and garam masala and give it a good stir.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until oil comes out on the surface and the gravy thickens.
- Turn to the gas and transfer the Kashmiri Dum Aloo for serving in the bowl.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot Kashmiri Dum Aloo at lunch or dinner.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious kashmiri dum aloo
Besan Chilla CurryChilla curry or chille ki sabzi is a very tasty curry dish made from spicy gram flour pancake or chilla, this dish is very delicious and much famous in India especially in North India. This curry dish...
Besan Chilla CurryA spicy pancakes or chilla made with gram flour is very famous in India especially in North India and a delicious curry or sabzi made from this chilla is much famous and finger licking curry dish from...
Kadhi PakodaKadhi Pakoda is the most famous dish of India especially in North India. You can find the dish in every dhaba or any restaurant. The delicious dish Kadhi Pakoda is mostly served with rice famous as To...
Jeera AlooJeera aloo is a delicious but quick and simple potato recipe. Cumin is called jeera and potato is called aloo, So jeera aloo is a dish in which potatoes are cooked with cumin. Jeera Aloo can be made a...
Plum JamA delicious sweet and sour plum (aloo bukhara) jam for plum fruit lovers. The jam is very delicious especially when it is homemade. This is an easy recipe to make jam at home from Aloo Bukhara. Aloo a...