Kadhi Pakora is a delicious dish and is served mostly with rice. It is one of the most popular dishes of North India. Deep fried fritters called pakoras made of besan (gram flour) are dipped in thick curry made of curd and besan and spices. To make kadhi pakora more tasty we should use a little sour curd, which gives a real sour taste to the delicious kadhi. It is so delicious that no one denies eating it exclusively with boiled rice. It is a very easy dish to make at home, you can easily make delicious Kadhi Pakora by following this recipe.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Besan (Gram flour)||1/2 Cup||Onion, Finely Chopped||1 Medium|
|Green Chilli, Finely Chopped||1||Baking Soda||A Small Pinch|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Red Chilli Powder (Optional)||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Water||As Needed|
|Oil||to Deep Fry|
|Curd, Slightly Sour||1 Cup||Besan||1/4 Cup|
|Water||As Needed||Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Fenugreek Seeds||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1/4 Teaspoon||Ginger, Finely Grated||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ghee||1 Tablespoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Dry Red Kashmiri Chillies||2||Coriander Leaves, Chopped||1 Tablespoon|
- Add besan (gram flour), finely chopped onion, finely chopped green chillies, baking soda, salt, red chili powder and chaat masala and mix well. Gradually add water to it and mix well in this way make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a wo and deep fry. To test if the oil is hot enough, put a small amount of batter in it, if it comes to the surface without changing its color, it means that the oil is hot.
- Take a spoonful of batter and carefully pour it in the oil to deep fry. Add 4 - 5 pakoras one by one to and fry on medium heat. Fry them till they become light brown. Remove them using a perforated spoon and transfer to a plate.
- Fry all the pakoras like this. These are half fry pakoras, we have to fry them once again. If you fry them whole in one move, it will give you the raw taste of besan in between.
- When all the pakoras fried once, then pour all the pakora again in hot oil and fry them again till they become golden brown and crisp.
- Beat the curd in a large bowl and sieve the besan and mix well with a beater or hand mixture. Ensure that there is no lump of besan in it. Add 1/2 cup of water, turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a large pan. When the ghee becomes hot, add fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds. When it starts crackling, add grated ginger to it and fry it for about 20 - 30 seconds while stirring continuously.
- Add curd besan mixture and mix well. Cook it on medium flame for about 10 minutes until the raw smell of besan goes away from it, stirring occasionally.
- If you find that the curry is too thick, then add 1/2 cup of water and cook it again for 3-4 minutes, so that the curry gets the pouring consistency.
Tempering and Final Kadhi
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in the tempering pan. When it gets hot, add dry red Kashmiri chilli and red chilli powder and toss it a little. Turn off the gas and pour this tempering in the curry.
- Add the fried pakoras to the kadhi and mix well. Cook it for about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the delicious kadhi pakora to the serving bowl. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve delicious kadhi pakora with rice or roti.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious appetizer. Everyone likes the mushroom Manchurian, from children to adults. Mushroom Manchurian is delicious and rich in vitamin D as mushroom is a great source of a...