How To Make Delicious Kadai Paneer
Delicious Kadai Paneer Recipe
Kadai Paneer is a delicious mouthwatering curry vegetable made from paneer, capsicum, onions, tomatoes and India's traditional spices, cooked in ghee, one of the most famous curry vegetable in India especially in Punjabi cuisine. It is a main course delicious curry vegetable and this tasty vegetable is usually served with roti, plain rice, naan, paratha or kulcha. With its special look and delicious taste, the dish makes its way into other delicious dishes at important functions and parties. Learn how to make delicious Kadai Paneer at home with our easy-to-make recipe.
Kadahi Paneer is a North Indian popular dish made with paneer (cottage cheese), capsicum, onions and some aromatic spices. The delicious Kadai Paneer is usually served with roti, naan or rice and is a favorite dish among vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.
To make Kadai Paneer recipe, first cut the paneer into square pieces and fry till it turns light brown. Chopped capsicum and onion are then fried in a pan with a mixture of spices like coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala. Add tomatoes to make a thick gravy that coats the vegetables. When the gravy is ready, add fried paneer to it and mix well.
The dish is cooked for a few minutes until the paneer absorbs the flavor and the vegetables become slightly soft but still retain their crunch. Garnished with fresh coriander leaves, Kadai Paneer is ready to be served.
Kadai paneer is a versatile dish that can be easily cooked according to different tastes. Some extra red chili powder can be added for those who like it more spicy. You can make the dish with different types of paneer like smoked or marinated paneer for some different taste.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
kadai paneer Ingredients
|Paneer (cut into about 1 inch cube)
|Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
|Green Cardamom Powder
|Capsicum (cut into about 1 inch pieces)
|Onion Finely Chopped
|Tomatoes Finely Chopped
|Ginger Finely Chopped
|Garlic Finely Chopped
|Red Chilli Powder
|1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste
|1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste
|Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi)
|Ghee or Oil
|1 Tablespoon (optional)
|Chopped Coriander Leaves
Direction To Make
- Put ghee in a non-stick wok and heat it on medium heat. When the ghee becomes hot, add onion and fry it till it becomes light brown and translucent.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and red chili powder and fry it for a minute. Add chopped tomatoes and mix well. Cook for about 5 minutes until the tomatoes are soft, stirring continuously.
- Add coriander powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, chaat masala and green cardamom powder, mix well and cook it for about 2 minutes. If you are using tomato puree, add tomato puree and mix well.
- Add capsicum and salt and mix well. Cook it for about 2-3 minutes. Add dried fenugreek leaves and mix well. Add water and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the paneer pieces and mix them gently so that the paneer does not break. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, gently. Add cream and mix well.
- Turn off the gas and transfer the kadai paneer into a bowl. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve the hot Kadai Paneer with roti, naan, plain rice, paratha or kulcha.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious kadai paneer
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and is...
Uttapam PizzaUttapam Pizza is a fusion of uttapam and pizza, uttapam made with semolina (suji) that has your favorite vegetable and mozzarella cheese topping like on other pizza. You can also use oregano and chili...
Imli ki Chutney |...Tamarind chutney, also known as imli ki chutney or saunth, is a very popular Indian sauce that is so delicious, sour and sweet in taste that is made from sour tamarind, sweet jaggery and spices. This...
Masala MacaroniMasala macaroni is a delicious and mouth watering pasta recipe, cooked in Indian style with spices. Macaroni can be eaten at any time of the day, whether it is a light brunch, lunch, or even a quick a...
SamosaSamosa is made from boiled potatoes and refined flour (Maida). The samosa shell is made of maida has some filling usually boiled potatoes, onions, cottage cheese, green peas, green chillies with The...