How To Bake Jeera Biscuit
Jeera Biscuits is a delicious biscuit which is a slightly salty biscuit also called cumin cookies are very popular in India and is an ideal biscuit for tea time. Basically it is a sweet and salty biscuit made with refined flour / maida and flavor with cumin, cumin known as jeera in India. People like to eat jeera biscuits with tea, some people like to eat by dipping biscuits in tea. This jeera biscuit is so delicious that everyone likes to eat it with tea and if the biscuits are made at home the taste will double. We are going to share an easy recipe of delicious jeera biscuit, follow this recipe and make jeera biscuits easily at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
jeera biscuit Ingredients
|Butter, Melted||1/4 Cup||powdered sugar||1/4 Cup|
|Baking Powder||1 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon||Egg||1|
|Refined Flour / Maida||1 Cup||Oil||To Grease|
Direction To Make
- Fry cumin seeds in a pan for one minute while stirring continuously and keep them aside.
- Take a large thick bottom vessel with a lid, a stand and a plate, the plate should not be so large but of a size that can fit inside the vessel above the stand.
- Grease the plate with oil and keep aside.
- Melt the butter over heat, but do not heat it, we just need to melt the butter.
- Take melted butter in a large bowl. Add sugar powder to it and mix well using a wire whisk. Add baking powder, salt, egg and 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds and mix well.
- Gradually add refined flour / maida and mix well. Knead a dough from it. Keep the dough in the refrigerator for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Take butter paper and place the dough on top of it and cover it with another butter paper and press. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough between the butter paper, leveling the dough to about 1/2 thickness.
- Sprinkle the remaining cumin seeds over it and roll it slightly so that the cumin sticks well over it. Cut them into a round shape using a mold or bottle lid. Place them in a greased plate.
- collect and re-roll the remaining dough and make biscuits with it.
- Take a thick bottomed vessel, place a stand inside it or you can also place a small vessel in place of the stand and place the plate with raw biscuits on top of it.
- Cover the vessel with a lid and cover the lid with a thick cloth and bake on a medium flame for about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Bake it on medium flame for the first 2 minutes and then reduce the heat to medium low and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Delicious jeera biscuits are ready. Turn off the flame and take out the biscuits and allow them to cool to room temperature.
To read the recipe in Hindi: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious jeera biscuit
Chocolate CookiesChocolate biscuits or cookies are delicious and are liked by everyone from children to elders. Chocolate cookies can be made at home with readily available ingredients such as butter, maida, chocolate...
Chocolate CookiesChocolate cookies or biscuits are delicious with the taste of chocolate. It is so delicious that everyone likes it, from children to grown ups. If the cookies are freshly baked at home, it will be or...
Chocolate CookieChocolate cookies or biscuits are very tasty and famous cookies all over the world with the taste of chocolate. Chocolate cookies are liked by everyone, whether children or adults. Freshly baked are a...
NanKhataiNankhatai is a delicious eggless cookie that is light and crispy, made from a mixture of wheat flour and gram flour with ghee, butter, green cardamom and sugar. Delicious Nankhatai are very popular or...