How To Make Delicious Jeera Aloo Dry
Jeera Aloo Dry Dry Recipe
Jeera aloo is a delicious but quick and simple potato recipe. Cumin is called jeera and potato is called aloo, So jeera aloo is a dish in which potatoes are cooked with cumin. Jeera Aloo can be made either made as dry or with curry, both the dish are very delicious and easy to make.
The dish when make it as dry is very tasty and can be eaten as side dish with dal, when make the dish with curry can be mostly eaten with puri is very much popular in India. If a guest has suddenly come to your house for lunch or dinner, then you can quickly prepare this delicious dish at your home to serve a delicious lunch to your guest.
Making a simple typical vegetarian and delicious dish dry jeera aloo is an easy recipe that you can easily make at home even if you are a beginner. It is a side dish that can be served with roti or chapatti with dal or curd. The main ingredients of delicious dish are cumin seeds, potatoes and Indian traditional spices. By following this detailed recipe, you can easily make the delicious aloo jeera at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
jeera aloo Ingredients
|Potatoes||4 Medium||Cumin Seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Green Chilli, Finely Chopped||1||Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ghee or Oiil||2 Tablespoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Garam Masala||1/4 Teaspoon||Coriander Leaves, Chopped||2 Tablespoon|
Direction To Make
- Add the potatoes, 3 - 4 cups of water and salt in the pressure cooker and boil the potatoes for 3 - 4 whistles. Allow the pressure cooker to automatically release the pressure.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and cut them into small pieces and keep them aside.
- Heat ghee or oil in a non-stick pan or in a wok on medium heat. When the ghee becomes hot, add cumin seeds to it. When the cumin starts crackling, add green chilies and fry it while stirring continuously for about 30 - 40 seconds.
- Add all the dried spices like red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala, cumin powder, garam masala and salt (if you do not add salt while boiling the potatoes or taste them first and add salt if necessary) and mix well.
- Add boiled potatoes to it and mix well until all the potatoes are well coated with the masala. Cook them for about 3 - 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well. Turn off the gas. Delicious jeera aloo is ready to serve. Transfer the delicious dish to a serving bowl. Enjoy delicious jeera aloo with roti or chapati along with dal or curd.
To get the video for the Jeera Aloo Dry recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious jeera alooLeander Fernandes
Green Mango ChutneyGreen mango chutney is an ideal chutney for daily use with your food. This is an amazingly delicious chutney that you can store for up to a year. A sweet and sour chutney with a unique flavor, made C...
Masala PastaMasala Pasta is a Spicy and delicious Indian style pasta according to your taste, you and your family will definitely like it. This delicious pasta is very easy to make at home as per your liking and...
Rava DosaRava Dosa is a thin and crispy crepe made with rava and rice flour, one of the easiest and delicious dosa to cook at home. Unlike other rice dosa, Rava Dosa does not require a batter to ferment and be...
SambarSambar is a delicious and popular dish of South India. You can enjoy sambar with many dishes like dosa, idli, rice or vada. Sambar is a so tasty and healthy made of different vegetables, lentils, and...
SamosaSamosa is made from refined flour. The samosa shell has some filling ingredients, usually mashed boiled potatoes, cheese, finely chopped onions, green peas, green chilies, or a mixture of lentils with...