How To Make Delicious Jeera Aloo
Jeera Aloo Dry Recipe
Jeera aloo is a delicious but quick and simple potato recipe. Cumin is called jeera and potato is called aloo, So jeera aloo is a dish in which potatoes are cooked with cumin. Jeera Aloo can be made either made as dry or with curry, both the dish are very delicious and easy to make.
The dish when make it as dry is very tasty and can be eaten as side dish with dal, when make the dish with curry can be mostly eaten with puri is very much popular in India. If a guest has suddenly come to your house for lunch or dinner, then you can quickly prepare this delicious dish at your home to serve a delicious lunch to your guest.
Making a simple typical vegetarian and delicious dish dry jeera aloo is an easy recipe that you can easily make at home even if you are a beginner. It is a side dish that can be served with roti or chapatti with dal or curd. The main ingredients of delicious dish are cumin seeds, potatoes and Indian traditional spices. By following this detailed recipe, you can easily make the delicious aloo jeera at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 1 Like
jeera aloo Ingredients
Ingredients of jeera aloo
MyDelicious Recipes-Jeera Aloo
|Potatoes||4 Medium||Cumin Seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Green Chilli, Finely Chopped||1||Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ghee or Oiil||2 Tablespoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Garam Masala||1/4 Teaspoon||Coriander Leaves, Chopped||2 Tablespoon|
Direction To Make
- Add the potatoes, 3 - 4 cups of water and salt in the pressure cooker and boil the potatoes for 3 - 4 whistles. Allow the pressure cooker to automatically release the pressure.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and cut them into small pieces and keep them aside.
- Heat ghee or oil in a non-stick pan or in a wok on medium heat. When the ghee becomes hot, add cumin seeds to it. When the cumin starts crackling, add green chilies and fry it while stirring continuously for about 30 - 40 seconds.
- Add all the dried spices like red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala, cumin powder, garam masala and salt (if you do not add salt while boiling the potatoes or taste them first and add salt if necessary) and mix well.
- Add boiled potatoes to it and mix well until all the potatoes are well coated with the masala. Cook them for about 3 - 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well. Turn off the gas. Delicious jeera aloo is ready to serve. Transfer the delicious dish to a serving bowl. Enjoy delicious jeera aloo with roti or chapati along with dal or curd.
Click here to view the video recipe for jeera aloo
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious jeera alooLeander Fernandes
Dahi Bhalla (Dahi Vada)Dahi Bhalla or Dahi Vada is a soft, spongy and delicious street food of India especially in North India. This dish does not require much introduction apart from its name due to its popularity in Dahi...
Paneer Kathi RollPaneer Kathi Roll, also known as Paneer Frankie, is a healthy and yummy snack that can be made easily and is very popular in India. Recipe of paneer Kathi Roll or paneer frankie is very easy. To make...
Rajma CurryRajma or kidney beans are rich in protein, Rajma curry is a delicious and very popular dish in India. If you like to enjoy the dish in the best way possible, enjoy it with steamed rice, a food famous...
Veg Fried RiceFried rice is a delicious and popular dish made from pre-cooked rice and stir fried in a pan with some other ingredients such as vegetables, eggs, seafood or meat. Veg fried rice is a delicious and is...
Paneer PakoraPaneer Pakora is a delicious and crispy deep-fried snack made of gram flour and soft paneer and very popular in North India. Coat a thick batter of gram flour on top of the paneer chunks and deep fry...