Jalebi is an Indian crunchy spiral shaped dessert made by refined flour (maida) and dipped in sugar syrup. It is the most popular dessert that is specially prepared on many Indian festivals such as Diwali and Dussehra and is enjoyed with milk or rabdi. Jalebi batter is prepared from refined flour (maida) and baking soda and is fermented overnight. By following this recipe, you can make delicious jalebis at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 16 Hour 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
For Sugar Syrup
|Sugar||2 Cup||Water||1 Cup|
|Saffron (Kesar)||A Pinch||Lemon Juice||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Refined Flour (Maida)||1 Cup||Baking Soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1/2 Cup||Ghee or Oil||For Deep Fry|
- Take a big pot. Add sugar, water, saffron and lemon juice and boil on medium heat. stirring occasionally. Boil it until you get 1 string consistency. To check for consistency, take syrup in a spoon and pinch the syrup and slowly open the pinch. If you find a string between the thumb and index finger, the syrup is ready. Check the consistency as the syrup is hot.
- Sugar syrup is ready, turn off the heat and keep it aside and when you start frying the jalebi then reheat it on a low flame.
Prepare Batter For Jalebi
- Sift refined flour (maida) mix with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in a bowl. Gradually add water and mix well. Make sure there should be no lumps. Beat it with your hand for 5 - 7 minutes to make a thick batter with a good pour consistency.
- Cover the bowl and leave it to fermention overnight. The batter will not grow in size, but will have some bubbles on its surface and a slight sour smell.
- Beat the batter again with your hand. Pour batter into a ketchup bottle.
- Heat the ghee in a wide mounted flat bottom pan. To see if the ghee is hot enough, add some batter to it, if it comes to the surface without changing its color, the ghee is hot to fry the jalebi.
- Reheat the sugar syrup.
- To make jalebi, gently press the ketchup bottle and pour batter in ghee and make a spiral shape from the batter. make 2 - 4 spirals at a time. When the jalebi turns slightly brown, flip them using tongs to fry them from the other side. Flip them 2-3 times to fry well on both sides.
- Remove them from the ghee using tongs and pour directly into the sugar syrup and press them gently to dip into the syrup. Sugar syrup should be slightly hot during this time. Place a wire rack on the syrup pan. Transfer the jalebi from the syrup over the rack to remove excess syrup back into the pan.
- Jalebi is ready to serve. Serve hot jalebi with milk or rabdi.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Vermicelli kheervermicelli kheer or sevaiyan kheer, is a dessert, which is very tasty and famous in India, that is made on many festivals. The vermicelli kheer is not only delicious but it is also very easy to make....
Vermicelli kheerVermicelli kheer also known as Sevaiyan kheer, is a delicious dessert, which is very famous for festivals in India. Vermicelli kheer is not only easy and quick to make but it is also very delicious. a...
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa or Carrot halwa is a delicious halwa, pudding or dessert that is cooked by simmering grated carrots in full fat milk. Gajar ka halwa is so delicious and popular in India and well known...
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa is also known as gajarela or carrot halwa, is a delicious pudding, halwa or dessert. Delicious Gajar ka halwa is made by boiling carrots in milk. Gajar ka halwa is easy to make and so a...
Malai Khoya RollMalai Khoya Roll or Bread Roll Malai is a soft and delicious dessert made from milk and bread. The dessert is so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy the taste, Malai Khoya Roll is very famous in...