How To Make Delicious Jalebi At Home
Recipe of Delicious Jalebi
Jalebi is an Indian crunchy spiral shaped dessert made by refined flour (maida) and dipped in sugar syrup. It is the most popular dessert that is specially prepared on many Indian festivals such as Diwali and Dussehra and is enjoyed with milk or rabdi. Jalebi batter is prepared from refined flour (maida) and baking soda and is fermented overnight. Fry this fermented batter and dipped in sugar syrup. By following this easy recipe of jalebi, you can make delicious jalebi at home.
Jalebi is a popular Indian sweet known for its unique spiral shape and syrup-like texture. This delicious dish is made by deep-frying a fermented batter of flour, baking soda and a pinch of turmeric to a bright yellow colour. The batter is poured into the hot oil in a circular motion, resulting in crispy and golden jalebi. Once fried, these jalebis are soaked in sugar syrup flavored with saffron and cardamom, giving them their sweetness and aromatic flavour.
Jalebi is a beloved sweet that holds a special place in Indian cuisine and culture. It is often served at festivals, weddings and special occasions as a symbol of celebration and happiness. The combination of crispy texture and syrupy sweetness makes every bite of Jalebi delicious.
Jalebi can be enjoyed alone as a sweet dish, or combined with rabdi, a thick milk-based dessert, for a rich and creamy indulgence. Jalebi can also be served with hot milk, making it a popular breakfast option. Some even enjoy jalebi with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delightful mix of flavours. Whether enjoyed hot or at room temperature, Jalebi is one such sweet that brings joy and happiness to every occasion.
- Preparation Time :
- 16 Hour 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
For Sugar Syrup
|Sugar||2 Cup||Water||1 Cup|
|Saffron (Kesar)||A Pinch||Lemon Juice||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Refined Flour (Maida)||1 Cup||Baking Soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1/2 Cup||Turmeric Powder||A Pinch|
|Ghee or Oil||For Deep Fry|
Direction To Make
Let's start the recipe of jalebi.
- Take a big pot. Add sugar, water, saffron and lemon juice and boil on medium heat. stirring occasionally. Boil it until you get 1 string consistency. To check for consistency, take syrup in a spoon and pinch the syrup and slowly open the pinch. If you find a string between the thumb and index finger, the syrup is ready. Check the consistency as the syrup is hot.
- Sugar syrup is ready, turn off the heat and keep it aside and when you start frying the jalebi then reheat it on a low flame.
Prepare Batter For Jalebi
- Sift refined flour (maida) mix with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and a pinch of turmeric powder in a bowl. Gradually add water and mix well. Make sure there should be no lumps. Beat it with your hand for 5 - 7 minutes to make a thick batter with a good pour consistency.
- Cover the bowl and leave it to fermention overnight. The batter will not grow in size, but will have some bubbles on its surface and a slight sour smell.
- Beat the batter again with your hand. Pour batter into a ketchup bottle.
- Heat the ghee in a wide mounted flat bottom pan. To see if the ghee is hot enough, add some batter to it, if it comes to the surface without changing its color, the ghee is hot to fry the jalebi.
- Reheat the sugar syrup.
- To make jalebi, gently press the ketchup bottle and pour batter in ghee and make a spiral shape from the batter. make 2 - 4 spirals at a time. When the jalebi turns slightly brown, flip them using tongs to fry them from the other side. Flip them 2-3 times to fry well on both sides.
- Remove them from the ghee using tongs and pour directly into the sugar syrup and press them gently to dip into the syrup. Sugar syrup should be slightly hot during this time. Place a wire rack on the syrup pan. Transfer the jalebi from the syrup over the rack to remove excess syrup back into the pan.
- Jalebi is ready to serve. Serve hot jalebi with milk or rabdi.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 1.04 : 0.03 : 0.02 : 0.01 : 0.0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious CustardA surprisingly delicious and healthy dessert made of milk, sugar, custard powder and mix fruits, "Mixed Fruit Custard" is an ideal dessert and can be easily made at home in a short time and with very...
Ras MalaiRas Malai is an Indian festive classic dessert made with milk chhena, sugar and saffron. It is a popular dessert all over India and everyone loves to eat ras malai. Ras Malai recipe is similar to Both...
RabdiRabdi is the most popular delicious and creamy dessert with a nice aroma of saffron (kesar) And cardamom (elaichi) is also known as Shahi Rabdi. This detailed recipe of the thickest and the best rabdi...
Suji Ka HalwaSuji (semolina) halwa is a favorite dessert in India, which is used as parsad (at the time of prayer to God) on various religious occasions. After the Lord's prayer, Suji's Halwa served to all the as...
Mango Mastani IceCreamMango Mastani is a perfect combination of delicious mango milkshake and ice cream that satisfies you as a dessert. Your mind will be blown away by knowing how simple and easy a recipe is to make this...