How To Make Delicious Jalebi At Home
Recipe of Delicious Jalebi
Jalebi is an Indian crunchy spiral shaped dessert made by refined flour (maida) and dipped in sugar syrup. It is the most popular dessert that is specially prepared on many Indian festivals such as Diwali and Dussehra and is enjoyed with milk or rabdi. Jalebi batter is prepared from refined flour (maida) and baking soda and is fermented overnight. Fry this fermented batter and dipped in sugar syrup. By following this easy recipe of jalebi, you can make delicious jalebi at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 16 Hour 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 1 Review | 1 Like
For Sugar Syrup
|Sugar||2 Cup||Water||1 Cup|
|Saffron (Kesar)||A Pinch||Lemon Juice||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Refined Flour (Maida)||1 Cup||Baking Soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1/2 Cup||Ghee or Oil||For Deep Fry|
Direction To Make
Let's start the recipe of jalebi.
- Take a big pot. Add sugar, water, saffron and lemon juice and boil on medium heat. stirring occasionally. Boil it until you get 1 string consistency. To check for consistency, take syrup in a spoon and pinch the syrup and slowly open the pinch. If you find a string between the thumb and index finger, the syrup is ready. Check the consistency as the syrup is hot.
- Sugar syrup is ready, turn off the heat and keep it aside and when you start frying the jalebi then reheat it on a low flame.
Prepare Batter For Jalebi
- Sift refined flour (maida) mix with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in a bowl. Gradually add water and mix well. Make sure there should be no lumps. Beat it with your hand for 5 - 7 minutes to make a thick batter with a good pour consistency.
- Cover the bowl and leave it to fermention overnight. The batter will not grow in size, but will have some bubbles on its surface and a slight sour smell.
- Beat the batter again with your hand. Pour batter into a ketchup bottle.
- Heat the ghee in a wide mounted flat bottom pan. To see if the ghee is hot enough, add some batter to it, if it comes to the surface without changing its color, the ghee is hot to fry the jalebi.
- Reheat the sugar syrup.
- To make jalebi, gently press the ketchup bottle and pour batter in ghee and make a spiral shape from the batter. make 2 - 4 spirals at a time. When the jalebi turns slightly brown, flip them using tongs to fry them from the other side. Flip them 2-3 times to fry well on both sides.
- Remove them from the ghee using tongs and pour directly into the sugar syrup and press them gently to dip into the syrup. Sugar syrup should be slightly hot during this time. Place a wire rack on the syrup pan. Transfer the jalebi from the syrup over the rack to remove excess syrup back into the pan.
- Jalebi is ready to serve. Serve hot jalebi with milk or rabdi.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Kesar Rice KheerKheer is a traditional dessert from India cuisine which is a delicious dessert made of rice, milk and sugar. Traditionally, made from rice, but can also be made from sago and vermicelli, even you can...
Moong Dal HalwaMoong Dal Halwa is a delicious dessert that is eaten during the winter season in North India, as it is a rich dessert and is believed that it keep your body warm and protect it from the effects of The...
Moong Dal HalwaMoong Dal Halwa is an popular and mouthwatering dessert in North India that is eaten specially in winter season. This is an rich dessert made of lots of ghee and moong dal and is believed that it your...
Besan Ke LadduBesan ke laddu is a popular dessert in India which are very delicious sweet balls made from gram flour (besan), ghee, sugar and cardamom. Laddu is a ball shaped dessert that is made during many and in...
Besan Ke LadduBesan ke laddu is a popular ball-shaped dessert of India which are very delicious and made from gram flour (besan), lots of ghee, sugar, almonds, pistachio and cardamom. No one can resist this dessert...