Imli Chutney | Tamarind Chutney
Imli Chutney | Tamarind Chutney
Imli ki chutney or tamarind chutney also known as saunth is an Indian traditional sauce which is a tasty sour and sweet chutney made from tamarind, jaggery and spices. You can easily make this delicious chutney and you can use it to make bhel puri even more tasty, the chutney can be served with snacks, samosa, pakora, etc. This is an integral part of the Indian snacks and chaat. This sweet, sour and spicy chutney is surprisingly tasty and so delicious in taste, the chutney makes the snacks even more delicious. You can also use dates or raisins to make the chutney more tasty, this chutney will be delicious without dates or raisins but the taste is incredible with dates or raisins. If you like to use chutney for a long time, then you should thicken the chutney, as well as thick chutney is more tasty. You can easily make delicious chutney at your home by following this recipe of khati meethi imli ki chutney.
- Preparation Time :
- 2 Hour
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
imli chutney | tamarind chutney Ingredients
Ingredients of imli chutney | tamarind chutney
MyDelicious Recipes-Imli Ki Chutney
|Seedless Tamarind||250 Gram||Jaggery / Gur / Gud||250 Gram|
|Water||As Required||Garam Masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger Powder (Saunth Powder)||1 Teaspoon||Roasted Cumin Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon||Black Salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1/2 Teasppon||Dates, Finely Chopped||2|
|Raisin||1 Tablespoon||Muskmelon Seeds||1 Tablespoon|
- Soak the tamarind in a large bowl in 2 cups of hot water for 2 hours. Mash the soaked tamarind in the same bowl with water so that the pulp mixes in the water. Sieve the mashed tamarind using a soup sieve and discard all the fibers.
- Add 2 cup of water into the tamarind pulp and sieve again with a sieve so that all the dust gets out of it and you get a clean pulp.
- Add this pulp to the pan. Turn on the gas on medium heat. Add jaggery to it and allow it to boil on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until all the jaggery dissolves in it.
- Add ginger powder, roasted cumin powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, black salt and salt to it and mix well. add chopped dates and raisin in it and mix well. continue cook the chutney until it becomes thickens, stirring occasionally.
- If you want to store and use the chutney for a long time, thicken it a little more. You can store it in the fridge for about 6 months in a tight jar.
- Cook the chutney to the desired consistency. cook it a bit thinner than the desired consistency as it will thicken slightly when it cools.
- Turn off the gas and transfer the chutney pan away from the gas and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Add muskmelon seeds to the pan and heat on medium heat. Fry on a medium flame for about one minute, while stirring continuously. Add the roasted seeds to the chutney and mix well.
- Khati Meethi imli ki chutney is ready. Store it in a tight jar for a long time and enjoy delicious chutney with snacks.
To get the video for the recipe: click here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious imli chutney | tamarind chutney
Imli Chutney | Tamarind...Tamarind chutney, also known as imli ki chutney or saunth, is a very popular Indian sauce that is so delicious, sour and sweet in taste that is made from sour tamarind, sweet jaggery and spices. This...
Delicious Pineapple...Pineapple, curd and pomegranate provide health benefits especially in the summer season. Raita made from curd and pineapple is the best raita for summer and can be made easily at home. This delicious...
Matar Paneer PulaoRice is the staple food of many places in India and many different delicious dishes are made from rice. Pulao is a famous rice dish of India which can be vegetable pulao, matar pulao or matar paneer a...
Shahi PaneerShahi Paneer - is an Indian vegetable that is so tasty, creamy and rich, made from paneer. Shahi paneer is so delicious that everyone in India loves it. Shahi stands for Royal. The dish shahi paneer a...
SambarSambhar is a delicious and favorite dish of South India. You can serve sambar with many dishes like rice, dosa, idli or vada. Sambar is a delicious and healthy dish made of vegetables, lentils, herbs,...