How To Make Chicken Korma
Chicken Korma Recipe
korma recipe has a delicious gravy which is usually made with curd, dry fruits, onions and spices. Korma dish can be non-vegetarian or vegetarian, made from mutton, chicken or vegetables. This dish was originated in India by the Mughals and later became extremely famous all over the world. Today we are going to make Chicken Korma Recipe, which is very tasty and can be served with roti, butter naan, paratha or rice.
Chicken Korma has many different recipes with different ingredients, some of them using coconut, poppy seeds etc. Some of them use almonds, cashew nuts but curd is common in all the dishes. The ingredients used in the recipe depend on the region.
Onion, curd and dry fruits are used to make chicken korma gravy. To make delicious Chicken Korma, first fry the onion in desi ghee or oil (desi ghee gives more flavor than oil) till it turns golden brown and then grind it to use in gravy with nuts paste. Nuts help to thicken the gravy and play a major role in imparting the creamy texture.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 3 Reviews | 38 Likes
chicken korma Ingredients
|Chicken||1 KG||Ghee||1/4 Cup|
|Green Cardamom||3 - 4||Black Peppercorn||5 - 6|
|Cloves||3 - 4||Mace||1 - 2|
|Bay Leaves||2||Ginger Garlic Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||To Taste||Onion||2 Large|
|Cashew Nut & Chironji Paste||1/4 Cup||Mace & Green Cardamom Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Rose Water||1/4 Teaspoon||Kewra Water||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh Curd||1 Cup||Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Yellow Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon (Optional)||Water||As Required|
|Coriander Leaves||For Garnish|
|Coal||1||Cloves||3 - 4|
Direction To Make
- Cut 2 big onions into fine slices. Heat 2 tablespoon ghee in a pan on medium heat, add onion slices and fry till golden brown, stirring well.
- Take out the fried onions on a tissue so that the excess ghee is absorbed, when it becomes cool and crunchy, grind them with dash of water to make a thick paste, keep it aside for later use.
- Take some cashew nuts and chironji and fry them a bit (just for few seconds so that the cashews become light brown in color, otherwise it will burn and spoil the whole taste)
- Grind them and make a fine paste. We need 1/4 cup cashew and chironji paste.
- Heat 1/4 cup of ghee in a large pot on medium heat.
- When the ghee is hot, put bay leaves, green cardamom, black pepper, cloves and mace in it and saute well while stirring continuously.
- Add the chicken and fry it, while stirring occasionally.
- When the chicken is fried a little, then add salt and ginger garlic paste to it, and fry it well while stirring occasionally.
- While chicken is frying, take curd in a bowl, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, yellow chilli powder (if you don't have yellow chilli powder, you can increase red chilli powder as per taste) and mix well.
- Add curd spices mixture to the frying chicken and mix well.
- When the curd spices and chicken mixed well then add fried onion paste and cashew and chironji paste to it and mix well.
- Add little water to it and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Now here is a big twist.
- Take out the chicken pieces from the gravy in a big bowl and let the gravy cook.
- Add a pinch of mace powder, green cardamom powder, rose water and kewra water and mix well.
- Let the gravy cook on a medium flame for some time, till it thickens as per your requirement, while stirring occasionally.
- Using a large strainner, strain the gravy in the same bowl containing the chicken pieces.
- Transfer the chicken again with the gravy in the same vessel and let it cook.
- Take a piece of coal and put it directly on the fire, take it in a small bowl when the fire starts. Add 3-4 cloves and some ghee to it.
- Place this bowl with coal in the middle of the vessel which has chicken korma.
- Turn off the gas. Cover the vessel and allow the chicken to absorb the smoky flavor along with the smoke.
- Chicken korma is ready, take out the delicious chicken korma in a serving bowl.
- Garnish the delicious Chicken Korma with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot chicken korma with roti, butter naan or rice.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 3.04 : 0.03 : 0.02 : 0.01 : 0.0User ReviewsTee
Love this recipe. Delicious!Leander Fernandes
Delicious chicken korma
Shrimp TacosTacos is a Mexican traditional dish, made by filling meat, seafood (shrimp, fish) or vegetables in a tortilla made of wheat or corn. The tortilla is fold in such a way that all the filling can be and...
Chicken BarraChicken Barra or Chicken Barrah is also known as Murgh Barrah, is an authentic and tasty chicken recipe. Murg Barra or Chicken Barra is an attractive and yummy chicken dish with delicious gravy made...
Rogan JoshRogan Josh is a delicious mutton dish from Kashmir cuisine. Rogan Josh also known as Mutton Rogan Josh or Rogan Gosht or Roghan Josh is a delicious aromatic and very famous dish of Kashmir which is or...
Chicken 65 RecipeChicken 65 is a hot and spicy starter dish, very popular in India especially in South India. Here is the perfect recipe of chicken 65 in the perfect restaurant style. If you like to eat chicken then...
Mutton KormaKorma is a delicious and famous Mughlai Indian dish in which mutton is slowly cooked with a gravy of fresh curd with spices. In North India, this delicious mutton korma is made using ingredients like...