How to Make Chicken Korma
Chicken Korma Recipe
korma recipe has a delicious gravy which is usually made with curd, dry fruits, onions and spices. Korma dish can be non-vegetarian or vegetarian, made from mutton, chicken or vegetables. This dish was originated in India by the Mughals and later became extremely famous all over the world. Today we are going to make Chicken Korma, which is very tasty and can be served with roti, butter naan, paratha or rice.
Chicken Korma has many different recipes with different ingredients, some of them using coconut, poppy seeds etc. Some of them use almonds, cashew nuts but curd is common in all the dishes. The ingredients used in the recipe depend on the region.
Onion, curd and dry fruits are used to make chicken korma gravy. To make delicious Chicken Korma, first fry the onion in desi ghee or oil (desi ghee gives more flavor than oil) till it turns golden brown and then grind it to use in gravy with nuts paste. Nuts help to thicken the gravy and play a major role in imparting the creamy texture.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Chicken||1 KG||Ghee||1/4 Cup|
|Green Cardamom||3 - 4||Black Peppercorn||5 - 6|
|Cloves||3 - 4||Mace||1 - 2|
|Bay Leaves||2||Ginger Garlic Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||To Taste||Onion||2 Large|
|Cashew Nut & Chironji Paste||1/4 Cup||Mace & Green Cardamom Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Rose Water||1/4 Teaspoon||Kewra Water||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh Curd||1 Cup||Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Yellow Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon (Optional)||Water||As Required|
|Coriander Leaves||For Garnish|
|Coal||1||Cloves||3 - 4|
- Cut 2 big onions into fine slices. Heat 2 tablespoon ghee in a pan on medium heat, add onion slices and fry till golden brown, stirring well.
- Take out the fried onions on a tissue so that the excess ghee is absorbed, when it becomes cool and crunchy, grind them with dash of water to make a thick paste, keep it aside for later use.
- Take some cashew nuts and chironji and fry them a bit (just for few seconds so that the cashews become light brown in color, otherwise it will burn and spoil the whole taste)
- Grind them and make a fine paste. We need 1/4 cup cashew and chironji paste.
- Heat 1/4 cup of ghee in a large pot on medium heat.
- When the ghee is hot, put bay leaves, green cardamom, black pepper, cloves and mace in it and saute well while stirring continuously.
- Add the chicken and fry it, while stirring occasionally.
- When the chicken is fried a little, then add salt and ginger garlic paste to it, and fry it well while stirring occasionally.
- While chicken is frying, take curd in a bowl, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, yellow chilli powder (if you don't have yellow chilli powder, you can increase red chilli powder as per taste) and mix well.
- add curd spices mixture to the frying chicken and mix well.
- Add fried onion paste and cashew and chironji paste to it and mix well.
- Add little water to it and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Now here is a big twist.
- Take out the chicken pieces from the gravy in a big bowl and let the gravy cook.
- Add a pinch of mace powder, green cardamom powder, rose water and kewra water and mix well.
- Let the gravy cook on a medium flame for some time, till it thickens as per your requirement, while stirring occasionally.
- Using a large strainner, strain the gravy in the same bowl containing the chicken pieces.
- Transfer the chicken again with the gravy in the same vessel and let it cook.
- Take a piece of coal and put it directly on the fire, take it in a small bowl when the fire starts. Add 3-4 calves and some ghee to it.
- Place this bowl with coal in the middle of the vessel which has chicken korma.
- Turn off the gas. Cover the vessel and allow the chicken to absorb the smoky flavor along with the smoke.
- Chicken korma is ready, take out the delicious chicken korma in a serving bowl.
- Garnish the delicious Chicken Korma with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot chicken korma with roti, butter naan or rice.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
How to Make Chicken...Korma dishes are Mughlai dishes consisting of a delicious creamy gravy filled with curd, dry fruits, onions and spices. Korma dish can be vegetarian or non-vegetarian, non-vegetarian korma dish is of...
Nargisi KoftaNargisi Kofta is a rich Mughlai dish made of boiled eggs wrapped with minced meat (chicken, mutton or lamb) in creamy tomato curd gravy. To make koftas first boiled eggs are wrapped with spicy minced...
Nargisi KoftaNargisi Kofta is a rich and exotic Mughlai recipe, the dish is made with a combination of keema (minced chicken, minced mutton or minced lamb) and boiled eggs. Hard boiled eggs are wrapped in minced a...
Fish CurryFish is one of the healthiest and most preferred seafood and fish curry is one of the delicious and most famous fish dish which can be easily made at home. Fish curry is not only an easy recipe but to...