How to make Gulkand Gujiya
Gulkand Gujiya Recipe
Holi festival is not only a festival of colors but also a festival of delicious food. On this festival people start making delicious Gujiya in advance. You must have eaten mava Gujiya on this festival, but we are going to teach you a new recipe of Gujiya, that is Gulkand Gujiya, which is delicious and you can easily make it at home. Follow the recipe of this Holi Special Gulkand Gujiya and make this delicious Gujiya at your home and welcome your guest on this Holi with this special Gulkand Gujiya.
Gulkand Gujiya is an Indian dessert that is popular during Holi festival. It is a sweet dumpling that is filled with a mixture of gulkand, khoya, and nuts, and then deep-fried.
Gulkand is a sweet preserve made from rose petals, which is commonly used in Indian desserts for its unique floral flavor and aroma. Khoya, on the other hand, is a dairy product made by reducing milk until it becomes a thick, granular solid.
To make Gulkand Gujiya stuffing, mix well khoya, gulkand, chopped nuts, and cardamom powder in a bowl.
Next, roll out the dough into small circles and fill each circle with a spoonful of the stuffing. Seal the edges by pressing them together in the mold.
Deep fry the gujiyas until golden brown. It is a delicious and indulgent dessert that is perfect for celebrating the festival of Holi or any other special occasion.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 40 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets,
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
gulkand gujiya Ingredients
|Refined Flour (Maida)
|Sugar Powder (Bura)
|Green Cardamon Powder
|Almond Finely Chopped
|Gulkand (Rose Petal Jam)
|Ghee or Oil
|1 Tablespoon + As Required to Fry
Direction To Make
- Sieve the refined flour (maida) in a pot and add 1 teaspoon of ghee or oil to it and mix well.
- Knead the dough by adding lukewarm water little by little. Keep it aside with cover the dough with wet cloth for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat 2 tablespoons of ghee or oil in a pan on medium heat. When the ghee is hot, fry the mava on medium flame till it becomes golden.
- Allow the mava to cool at room temperature. When the mava cools down, add sugar powder, green cardamom powder, almonds, coconut powder, raisins and gulkand and mix well.
- After 20 minutes of flour, break the dough into small pieces of dough. Take a portion of the dough and make a round flat shape like puri with the help of rolling-board and rolling-pin.
- Place the prepared puri in the gujiya mold and fill 1 teaspoon of stuffing (mawa, gulkand and other ingredients mix) in the center of the puri. Close the mold tightly. Open the mold, Gujiya is ready to fry. Similarly, make all the gujiyas and cover them with a cloth in a plate.
- Heat the ghee in a wok on high heat. When the ghee becomes hot, reduce the flame to medium. Add 2 - 3 gujiyas and fry them till they turn golden brown. Fry all gujiyas like this.
- Allow the Gujhiya to cool down. Delicious gulkand gujiya is ready.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious gulkand gujiya
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. This Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to its...
Delicious CustardA healthy and amazingly delicious dessert made from milk, sugar and mix fruits, "Mixed Fruit Custard" is a delicious and ideal dessert that you can easily make at home with little effort and less is a...
Navratan PulaoNavratan Pulao is a delicious dish made of basmati rice, healthy vegetables and dry fruits, the dish is not only delicious, but it is also very attractive too. It is a delicious and best dish for a a...
Palak PaneerPalak Paneer is an Indian vegetarian dish made of paneer (cottager cheese) in a thick, smooth and creamy puree of spinach, cooked with garlic, ginger and traditional Indian spices. Palak Paneer is in...
SamosaSamosa is made from refined flour. The samosa shell has some filling ingredients, usually mashed boiled potatoes, cheese, finely chopped onions, green peas, green chilies, or a mixture of lentils with...